• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HD Problem

s2h0a0n6e

Well lets see i have been copying regular dvds for a while now and i just now got the HD DVD player for the xbox and i want to start copying HD DVDs, do they require a different type of disc or can u use a DVD-R....and can you just use the regular dvd burner i used for regular DVDs.

Thanks,

A regular single layer DVD stores 4.7Gb and a dual layer one, 9Gb.
Regular HD DVDs are ~20Gb.

Unless you are re-encoding them for lower resolution they're not going to fit on a DVD.

Most people who are backing them up are storing them on huge hard drives.

Faye

so you really cant like out right copy HD DVD like you do regular dvds?

I've wondered about backing up HDDVD to BDR. After all, a dual layer HDDVD is 25Gb and a single layer BDR is 25Gb...

Does it work?

I've wondered about backing up HDDVD to BDR. After all, a dual layer HDDVD is 25Gb and a single layer BDR is 25Gb...

Does it work?

A DL HDDVD is actually 30GB, but a lot of discs really contain less than 25GB, so these would fit onto a SL BD.
Depends on how you're planning to play them back.

On a PC with PowerDVD that should be no problem - on a standalone player that will not work, of course.

OK i just got an xbox hd dvd player for my 360.....is there anyway i could maybe buy an external harddrive and rip the HD DVDs to the hard drive and then plug the harddrive into the Xbox 360 through USB and play them on my tv?

On a PC with PowerDVD that should be no problem
No, I don't think so, PowerDVD asks the drive hardware which type of disk is inserted. Some driver magic by AnyDVD would be required.

OK i just got an xbox hd dvd player for my 360.....is there anyway i could maybe buy an external harddrive and rip the HD DVDs to the hard drive and then plug the harddrive into the Xbox 360 through USB and play them on my tv?

No.

No, I don't think so, PowerDVD asks the drive hardware which type of disk is inserted. Some driver magic by AnyDVD would be required.

I was thinking of letting PowerDVD access the files, not the disk. That should work ok.
...unless PDVD reverts to "disc mode" by itself - didn't try this yet.

Last edited:
I was thinking of letting PowerDVD access the files, not the disk. That should work ok.
...unless PDVD reverts to "disc mode" by itself - didn't try this yet.

so are u saying i could use the external hard drive on the xbox 360.....if not is there a VGA cord i could use to hook my computer up to my LCd tv and watch the movies in HD instead of on my computer screen..?

Back