• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Editing CLIPINF (*.CLPI or *.CPI)

mike_r

As promised, I've written a quick utility to edit your CLIPINFO files.

For some reason, Pelikan didn't offer this in BDEDIT and the only other alternative is to use a HEX editor. We all know what that could lead to...

CLIPINF_Editor_v0.05b

It is fairly straight forward, and should be numbskull proof.

1. Select your path to the BDMV

2. The CLIPINFO files are presented to you (any errors are highlighted)

3. Click on the 'Fix...' and the file is changed. The contents of the BACKUP/CLIPINFO are not changed (for obvious reasons)

CLIPINFO_Editor_1.jpg

CLIPINFO_Editor_2.jpg

CLIPINFO_Editor_3.jpg

Known issues:

You can't change the files on optical media ;)
If there is no corresponding file in the STREAM, then the M2TS packets are shown as ZERO
There is no multi-language GUI
There are no tooltips
You can enter any 3 digits you want for LANGUAGE, it's not validated

Last edited:
And, what is the overall objective of this program?

Why do we need to edit our CLIPINFO files?
-------To change the aspect ratio of our movie?

:confused:

Some original BDs are actually incorrect. For example the German version of Female Agents has the packetsize incorrect on one clip, and has all the languages set to unknown. Similarly some Disney titles have all foreign languages set to English.

Then there is the other problems, tsMuxeR makes plenty of mistakes (aspect ratio, packet size and header to name just a few)

It is my intention to look into ways to 'blank' streams, as someone suggested doing this would be good to use the original rips for BD rebuilder input.

Hi,
I have a backup of the Pixar Shorts BR, the subs are all mixed up, e.g. if I select Italian the Germans subs are shown, and to have the Italians subs I have to select French, so with this utility can I change and correct the subs "labels" ?

Nik

EDIT:
or maybe that's my answer ... :(
You can enter any 3 digits you want for LANGUAGE, it's not validated

Last edited:
so, you answered the question yourself ?

I hope you're happy with results.

Questions:

1. Does this make the identical fix(es?) as jdobbs' fixclpi.exe? I don't know exactly what he does but it fixes broken chapter jumps for me sometimes.

2. Any chance you could add parsing of chapter locations, and allow editing of these (timecodes)?

TIA!

1. i don't know what that program does, but I suspect it (amongst other things) corrects the number of packets. so yes.

2. PLAYLIST editing is already a work-in-progress, but rather more complex than CLIPINF editing.

i don't know what that program does, but I suspect it (amongst other things) corrects the number of packets. so yes.
Actually FWIW his description of fixclpi sounds different to me. Here from Doom9:

TSMUXER seems to have a small bug that causes fast-forward, rewind, and seeking issues when creating Blu-ray output.

It appears as though the COARSE/FINE table relationship in the .CLPI file isn't being structured properly. The program correctly creates a new COARSE entry with the PTS rolls over (the LSBs contained in the FINE table get to a point where they will require an increment in the COARSE table). But it appears it doesn't do so (at least not always) when the same thing happens to the COARSE/FINE SPN. As a result, you have combined SPN pointers that suddenly drop to very small values (at least until the next COARSE reference)...

Just thought I'd mention it in case someone is keeping the package up-to-date. If not, I guess I can write a simple program to read/rewrite the CLPI (I'd rather see it fixed in the program, though). I just did one by hand and it fixed the problems -- now rewind/fast-forward works correctly and I no longer get "pauses" when I jump between chapters.

Easy to write a program -- a little tedious to do by hand. You have to find the instances where it happens and add a new COARSE entry. The easiest way is to just read the tables into memory and then simply rewrite the COARSE/FINE correctly back into the CLPI file (then change the pointers/references).

For example, when you try to reverse it will go a few seconds backward and then start going forward. When you seek to a chapter, you sometimes will hear sound for a few seconds before the picture catches up. Some are worse than others. It all depends how far off the packet pointers are off. ...If you dump the table IT IS VERY OBVIOUS there is a mistake in the CLPI.

Attached is a small command line program that will correct the CLPI. Just run it with a single parameter that represents the path to the CLPI file that was created by TSMUXER in blu-ray mode. If it finds the error (it will normally be there except on very small muxes) it will rewrite the CLPI with the tables corrected.

It is fairly straight forward, and should be numbskull proof.
1. Select your path to the BDMV

2. The CLIPINFO files are presented to you (any errors are highlighted)

3. Click on the 'Fix...' and the file is changed. The contents of the BACKUP/CLIPINFO are not changed (for obvious reasons)

I was prooved wrong.

v0.02b is now available - that removes \BDMV from the end of your selected path (it does say in the dialogue 'path to BDMV' - I thought that was crystal clear)

@mrr19121970

Very nice/helpful tool.Thank you !

I've tried it on 3 BD's (avchd) that I processed w/tsmuxer and all 3 have packet mismatches.

If left alone, what will the mismatch cause, if anything. You don't mention that in the OP. Thanks

Last edited:
if you leave it then the PS3 playback will pause and then jump 2 or 3 seconds forwards.

Ok, so it's a PS3 issue only, not a SA BD player issue?

Last edited:
you'll see the problem when you playback.

I don't have any other player, so I don't know.

Back