• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Flightplan video and audio disappear at 1:12:20

roog

Anydvd HD completes without errors on Flightplan BD but video and audio disappear under PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 at timestamp 1:12:20. PowerDVD does not freeze and time continues to advance until end of disc. I exchanged disc but second BD disc has same problem.

Any suggestions?

Windows Vista 32 w/all subsequent updates.
AnyDVD HD 6.1.3.0
PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 (build 2605)
ATI Catalyst 7-2_vista32_dd_ccc_enu_42852

Intel D975XBX motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 processor
2 GB Corsair XMS2 (PC2 6400) memory
ATI X1950XTX 512MB video card
Western Digital Raptor X 150GB hard drive (SATA)
Seagate Barracuda 500 GB hard drive (SATA) x 2
Lite-On LH-2B1S Blu-ray Disc Triple Writer (SATA)
XBox 360 HD DVD drive (usb)

Same problem with The Prestige.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?p=17312#post17312

Check how it can work (only with the original disc - not the rip).

The transistion to the 2nd bd layer is suspected (please check that it is a bd50 disc).

Yes, it's a BD50 disc and the original does the same thing. Superman Returns is a BD50 disc but it plays to the end. I suspect that if the actual movie is on the first layer and only the extra features are on the second layer the movie gets extracted ok.

My BD drive is a Liteon LH-2B1S which according to specs only reads single-layer discs. I plan to exchange it for another brand this week so I'll post the results when I get them.

More Fightplan help needed!

Changing to another drive did not help. I still can't tell for sure if it's my BD drive or PowerDVD Ultra. If anyone out there has ripped and viewed Flightplan successfully, please let me know. You don't even have to rip it, just let me know if PowerDVD Ultra will play to the end from disc using PowerDVD Ultra.

I don't know a lot about BluRay, but I'm guessing it's similar to HDDVD in a lot of ways... so I could be way off the mark.. but what you're describing is what happens when you play an EVO directly in PowerDVD and you run to the end of that particular file.

In HDDVD, the XPL file lists the MAP files containing chapter points and such and the times at which to switch between them. If you play the XPL file or the directory containing the movie directories then it should all work ok as long as you ripped to the original directory structure.

My HDDVDs look like:

E:\The Thing\ADV_OBJ\*.XPL
E:\The Thing\HVDVD_TS\*.EVO, *.MAP

If I select "play from HD" and "The Thing", then it works fine.

Faye

Last edited:
Yes, it's a BD50 disc and the original does the same thing. Superman Returns is a BD50 disc but it plays to the end. I suspect that if the actual movie is on the first layer and only the extra features are on the second layer the movie gets extracted ok.

My BD drive is a Liteon LH-2B1S which according to specs only reads single-layer discs. I plan to exchange it for another brand this week so I'll post the results when I get them.

Hi roog - I have an LH-2B1S here for testing now: it reads dual-layer discs with no problem. I couldn't find any information regarding dual layer in the specs at all (except something about "max. 25GB on a BD-R" which does imply single-layer, but refers to burning).

I have found sources on the internet stating, that it doesn't support DL, but they were probably either referring to burning or got it mixed up somehow.

About the problem with the movie stopping: I received some of the "erraneous" titles today and it seems to be a bug in AnyDVD HD that appears only, when a m2ts-file crosses the layer break. I guess I know, why.

We'll have it fixed in no time.

Hi roog - I have an LH-2B1S here for testing now: it reads dual-layer discs with no problem. I couldn't find any information regarding dual layer in the specs at all (except something about "max. 25GB on a BD-R" which does imply single-layer, but refers to burning).

I have found sources on the internet stating, that it doesn't support DL, but they were probably either referring to burning or got it mixed up somehow.

About the problem with the movie stopping: I received some of the "erraneous" titles today and it seems to be a bug in AnyDVD HD that appears only, when a m2ts-file crosses the layer break. I guess I know, why.

We'll have it fixed in no time.

Can I send you any data that might help? I will beta test the patch for you if you want me to.

Last edited:
Anydvd HD completes without errors on Flightplan BD but video and audio disappear under PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 at timestamp 1:12:20. PowerDVD does not freeze and time continues to advance until end of disc. I exchanged disc but second BD disc has same problem.

Any suggestions?
This is a bug in AnyDVD HD 6.1.3.0. Next version will fix it.

Back