• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

unable to crack css keys

johnmc

On the last couple of dvds I've tried to rip anydvd is telling me that it is "unable to crack all css keys on the disc, it will guess the correct css key, but its possible that one or more of the titles will not function."

It says to check the css key archive (what will that do?)

And to set the region on my dvd burner. Now I left that blank in the past because I like to purchase movies from overseas and burn them. Can anydvd still burn and convert region 2 PAL into region 1 ntsc if I select America as my region on the dvd burner?
thanks

On the last couple of dvds I've tried to rip anydvd is telling me that it is "unable to crack all css keys on the disc, it will guess the correct css key, but its possible that one or more of the titles will not function."

Mostly, you can ignore this message. The reason you will receive it is if the region on your drive does not match the region of the disc. If you do experience problems, then you need to disable anydvd and set your drive's region to match the disc.

Can anydvd still burn and convert region 2 PAL into region 1 ntsc

No Slysoft product converts PAL to NTSC or vice versa. Anydvd will remove region restrictions on the backup, however.

Wow, I deliberately did not select any region for my dvd burner yet when I went to check, it was already selected. I read another thread where the same thing happened to someone else, is it anydvd selecting? is that even possible?

Wow, I deliberately did not select any region for my dvd burner yet when I went to check, it was already selected. I read another thread where the same thing happened to someone else, is it anydvd selecting? is that even possible?
The drive should already be set to the region it was bought in, in most cases.

Disable AnyDVD and check the region again. AnyDVD emulates the region at the driver level if I'm not mistaken. If I were you I'd set the drive to region 1 and leave it there. Let AnyDVD do the work. I recall seeing this error before and it was caused by the drive not having the proper region set. Disable AnyDVD, set it to region 1, and reenable it and I bet the error goes away.

AnyDVD emulates the region at the driver level if I'm not mistaken.

Anydvd may emulate region settings--but it can't actually change a drive's region setting (where it tells you the number of changes left).

Anydvd may emulate region settings--but it can't actually change a drive's region setting (where it tells you the number of changes left).

Yes, I know, but, if you're trying to LOOK at the drive's region setting, AnyDVD will override it at the driver level so you won't actually see what the drive is TRULY set to. ;) Hence, disable AnyDVD before trying to check and/or set the drive's region. At least I remember Tru mentioning this before I believe.

Back