• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question About AnyDVD HD Future Compatibility

citationjet

Hey all,

Just a quick question, what's going to happen once BD+ begins being implemented. Is the software going to be rendered useless for copying Blu-Ray movies?

Hey all,

Just a quick question, what's going to happen once BD+ begins being implemented. Is the software going to be rendered useless for copying Blu-Ray movies?

We don't know.
I haven't found any thorough description yet, about how BD+ will actually work. So I'll better make no promises, we'll have to wait and see...

We don't know.
I haven't found any thorough description yet, about how BD+ will actually work. So I'll better make no promises, we'll have to wait and see...

As I can imagine, even without BD+ AACS can use several techniques in future discs which are within current specifications, but which will make decrypting significantly more difficult task.

E.g. they can start encrypting titles with multiple keys, using different key, say, for each 5 minute interval of .m2ts file. Probably they can also make .m2ts file non-continuous, i.e. you will have to follow some rules to play it back in original order. These measures will render currently available simple tools like BackupBluRay useless. Knowledge of disc structures will be required to successfully decrypt and play such disc. Will AnyDVD HD be ready for this type of response? Or maybe it already is?

I'm not even talking about inevitable key revocations, which is also a great concern for everyone who has some rough idea how AACS encryption work.

As I can imagine, even without BD+ AACS can use several techniques in future discs which are within current specifications, but which will make decrypting significantly more difficult task.

No. AACS set up the rules, they can't do anything a today's "AACS-certified" player won't play. So all they can do is stick to the specs. And AnyDVD HD can handle the specs.
They might start adding what DVDs already have today: bad sectors and all that crap. Same game different name....

Back