• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can CloneCD backup the archived dvd's?

purplexed

I am simply asking if CloneCD can do this?

I am looking to donate more money to slysoft but I just can't find a reason why I would need this program. Unless, I can backup my archived copy of a movie? This would be handy only when I misspell a word on the label and do not notice it until I stick the label. Sadly, this happens to me WAY to often. Instead of me getting the DVD out and re copying the title, I could simply pop the backup in and make a copy.. Which I would suspect would be much much quicker since the data is already compressed...

Thoughts?

Also: If this has been covered recently please forgive me. I looked quickly but then decided to create a thread of my own...

Feedback on this process would be GREAT!

I am simply asking if CloneCD can do this?

Provided all the protection is removed on them, yes. Otherwise you will need Anydvd running in the background. Clonedvd2 can as well if you select "write exsiting data".

I use Clonecd--not Clonedvd--to backup my movies. I use Verbatim +R DL (I hate compression), and Clonecd can preserve the original layer break position, whereas Clonedvd cannot. So for double layer backups, I use Clonecd. For single layer backups, I use Clonedvd (which is almost never lately).

Clonecd will retain the original layer break position; all this means is that the layer break pause you many notice while playing the original source disc will occur in the exact same place as your backup. Clonedvd2 places the layer break position towards the end of the last chapter on the first layer. If you find the layer break position to be less jarring on the original disc (that is, the pause takes place where there isn't much going on in the film), then you may want to use Clonecd instead of Clonedvd2 when using +R DL media. Clonedvd2 is a transcoder based application; it remasters. Shrink, Recode, etc., cannot retain the original layer break position either. In terms of playback issues, generally, it shouldn't matter whether you use Clonedvd2 or Clonecd. The difference is where the layer break position occurs when using +R DL media. Generally speaking, one should use Verbatim +R DL media (made in Singapore).

Last edited:
Provided all the protection is removed on them, yes. Otherwise you will need Anydvd running in the background. Clonedvd2 can as well if you select "write exsiting data".

I use Clonecd--not Clonedvd--to backup my movies. I use Verbatim +R DL (I hate compression), and Clonecd can preserve the original layer break position, whereas Clonedvd cannot.

Clonecd will retain the original layer break position; all this means is that the layer break pause you many notice while playing the original source disc will occur in the exact same place as your backup. Clonedvd2 places the layer break position towards the end of the last chapter on the first layer. If you find the layer break position to be less jarring on the original disc (that is, the pause takes place where there isn't much going on in the film), then you may want to use Clonecd instead of Clonedvd2 when using +R DL media. Clonedvd2 is a transcoder based application; it remasters. Shrink, Recode, etc., cannot retain the original layer break position either. In terms of playback issues, generally, it shouldn't matter whether you use Clonedvd2 or Clonecd. The difference is where the layer break position occurs when using +R DL media. Generally speaking, one should use Verbatim +R DL media (made in Singapore).
The only programs I use are AnyDVD and CloneDVD.

So knowing this information. If I wanted to back up an archived copy of my DVD, it would work just fine?

Yes. Why? Are you having problems?

No not at all, I just am lookin to buy the rest of the software offered by slysoft. And the only thing I could think this program would be used for would be to copy my mislabeled backup dvds...

Another question...

Can this program rip CD's and export MP3 files??

I suppose I could try the free trial eh? I just thought about that...

No not at all, I just am lookin to buy the rest of the software offered by slysoft. And the only thing I could think this program would be used for would be to copy my mislabeled backup dvds...

For dvd-video backups, again, I use Clonecd/Anydvd with Verbatim +R DL. There's an advantage here because Clonedvd2 will not retain the original layer break position.

Can this program rip CD's

Yes, but probably not in the manner you're thinking of.

and export MP3 files??

For this I would use exactaudiocopy (visit exactaudiocopy.de) with lame MP3 encoder

I suppose I could try the free trial eh? I just thought about that...

Yes, you could. :agree:

Webslinger,

You rock! Thanks for the input.. I will see what all that program does now..

thanks!

Back