• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

F.E.A.R. 2 v1.02 update officially released

DrinkLyeAndDie

Retired Moderator
It was stated that the patch would be arriving this coming week barring any bad events but it appears it has arrived a few days early.

March 13, 2009 - F.E.A.R 2: Project Origin Update Released

Updates to F.E.A.R 2: Project Origin have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

F.E.A.R 2: Project Origin
  • Difficulty of Hard mode has been increased
  • Implemented a toggle for switching between widescreen (16:9) and full screen (4:3) in the Options|Performance|Advanced Settings menu
  • Implemented a toggle for head bob in Options|Game Settings
  • Implemented a toggle for film grain in the Options|Performance|Advanced Settings menu
  • Leaving a multiplayer lobby now returns the player to the associated multiplayer menu instead of the front end main menu
  • Applied fix for energy weapon audio causing lag
  • Applied fix for team balancing host options not being applied properly
  • Changing team swap during selection and grace periods to swap at the next spawn
  • Applied fix for team name showing as "undefined" after swapping teams

Unnnh, I'm gonna restart my game in normal mode then.

lol, I suck

A lot of people complained a lot. Given that there is no save method other than auto-save I guess some people are really badass or don't care at starting over and over again from the last auto-save point. I won't be playing on the Hard setting anytime soon.

I'm glad to see the head bob and 4:3 ratio fix. Both were major issues. Now that they have the smaller items out of the way they will hopefully dig further into the game and fix bigger issues.

F.E.A.R 2: Project Origin
  • Implemented a toggle for head bob in Options|Game Settings
  • Implemented a toggle for film grain in the Options|Performance|Advanced Settings menu

This is wrong in the release notes. The setting is under Options|Game Settings right above the toggle for Head Bob. Whoever wrote out the release notes screwed up.

Back