• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

vista and new roxio 9 are tough

farmerdave

i love sly soft , with kids you need to back up dvds as they ruin them. never had any problems with xp, now that i got vista it is a lot tougher. my old roxio worked great, but wont with vista so i had to upgrade roxio. the new easy creator 9 does not work with slysoft, the dvds still show up protected. did have better luck with vista ready nero, although i cannot seem to find the main movie only and english only options. it also surprises you with not enough room on disc instead of showing you compression or to use dual layer when required.
i like these programs as you can go direct disc to disc when burning. are there any other vista ready programs that will do that? i tried the trial version of clone dvd but it seemed to be from image only. any help out there would be great. you got to hand it to the sly soft folks who really help out the simple person.:

You have to uninstall Drag to Disc or whatever they call their packet writing software these days

i love sly soft , with kids you need to back up dvds as they ruin them. never had any problems with xp, now that i got vista it is a lot tougher. my old roxio worked great, but wont with vista so i had to upgrade roxio. the new easy creator 9 does not work with slysoft, the dvds still show up protected. did have better luck with vista ready nero, although i cannot seem to find the main movie only and english only options. it also surprises you with not enough room on disc instead of showing you compression or to use dual layer when required.
i like these programs as you can go direct disc to disc when burning. are there any other vista ready programs that will do that? i tried the trial version of clone dvd but it seemed to be from image only. any help out there would be great. you got to hand it to the sly soft folks who really help out the simple person.:
CloneCD does disc to disc. CloneDVD, too (using a temporary image).

You have to uninstall Drag to Disc or whatever they call their packet writing software these days

thats an area i have been working on, that drag to disc sort of took over. i have been unchecking it and seem to have gotten rid of it, but when a dvd movie is in there it still shows protected with roxio. could not figure it out. also you used to be able to just do main movie only and now cannot seem to find the option.

CloneCD does disc to disc. CloneDVD, too (using a temporary image).

thank you for the info, i tried the temporary clone dvd, but i am not really computer savvy, just sort of bumble along --all i saw was the temp file like old dvd shrink which i used for years , but was so slow compared to direct disc to disc burn. what i miss is not being able to just go to main movie and english only to get the least compression possible. old version even told you when you needed a different disc. they may be intentionally making it tough. could not understand why it still showed protected when trying to burn on roxio. its like it did not recognize sly soft , which is a first. i keep restarting it to see if it catches it, but no it is consistent.
nero seems to work, but same thing--no main movie only button etc..

Main Movie

no main movie only button etc..

With CloneDVD you can uncheck all the titles you don't want on the right and just have the main movie. You can preview the titles from the Preview tab on the left to make sure that you are getting what you want and what you don't. You can even keep or remove the menus by leaving checked or unchecking the Preserve Menu box.

i tried the temporary clone dvd, but i am not really computer savvy, just sort of bumble along

What I said above is a lot easier than it may sound. You don't need to be computer "savvy".

Last edited:
With CloneDVD you can uncheck all the titles you don't want on the right and just have the main movie. You can preview the titles from the Preview tab on the left to make sure that you are getting what you want and what you don't. You can even keep or remove the menus by leaving checked or unchecking the Preserve Menu box.

What I said above is a lot easier than it may sound. You don't need to be computer "savvy".

thats interesting, i will have to give clone another looksee. i would try any product recommended by sly soft. they are good peoples. only have had problems since i got vista. in some ways it is a pain. xp was simple and i knew it. vista you got to press allow, and continue even if you undo defender. lots of programs do not work. that roxio easy creator 7 basic home edition was just great--easy and very fast. you just put a short cut on the desk top for disc copy and hit it and boom, check your options and hit copy. but no longer. it quit working with vista, the computer would not recognize the drives, then when you unchecked the filters, roxio would not see them. so i ran out and got roxio easy creator 9 , says vista ready. what a surprise. its got all this extra junk that shows up all over. and it does not work-- shows protected disc. really strange.

I AM TRYING CLONE DVD. I OPEN IT BUT I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO. IT SHOWS THE FILM STRIP AND LOOKS LIKE IT WANTS AN IMAGE. I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DO THE IMAGE. I AM USED TO ROXIO WHERE YOU OPEN IT, IT FINDS THE DVD, YOU OPTION THE ENGLISH ONLY, THEN HIT THE COPY BUTTON......... I AM JUST STUCK ON THIS ONE!!!

I AM TRYING CLONE DVD. I OPEN IT BUT I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO. IT SHOWS THE FILM STRIP AND LOOKS LIKE IT WANTS AN IMAGE. I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DO THE IMAGE. I AM USED TO ROXIO WHERE YOU OPEN IT, IT FINDS THE DVD, YOU OPTION THE ENGLISH ONLY, THEN HIT THE COPY BUTTON......... I AM JUST STUCK ON THIS ONE!!!

1. Do not type in all-caps please; it's the same as screaming on the internet.
Thanks.

2. Please read http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 fully

farmerdave, that thing in vista where you have to allow is controlled by user accounts control, not defender. Go into control panel, user accounts, to turn it off.

thank you for the link. got it on the caps, did not know, but will remember now!

Back