• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How do I prevent from loading on Booting Windows XP

carl munson

after i installed Any DVD and Clone DVD, both load at startup although i do NOT use them all the time. am using WINDOWS XP

How do i easily stop them from loading on boot up. i can always start the two programs when i need to utilize them?

thanks

novice carl

Last edited:
I don't use CloneDVD but in AnyDVD, you change it in "Program Settings"

or you can click on Start then run and enter MSCONFIG then click on Startup and deselect the programs you do not to start on startup.

You can have AnyDVD not load at startup [via the screenshot shown in a previous posting or from the fox icon in the systray] but I'm a bit confused. CloneCD has the option to start when the system boots but CloneDVD? That's a new one for me. For CloneCD the option to not start on boot is similar to AnyDVD.

The only problem with using MSCONFIG to stop it from booting, is that after each update it will boot up as normal. Just let it boot up and forget about it, it uses less CPU and RAM than the calculator does.

... Just let it boot up and forget about it, it uses less CPU and RAM than the calculator does.
True, AnyDVD is only a little driver, not a full blown program. And also it is good to have AnyDVD running always because when CDs or DVDs are put into your drives, it stops the kinky autoload programs and RootKit type abominations from loading onto your computer without your knowledge ... you take the chance of loosing your ability to do backups at all without this AnyDVD function enabled always.

Last edited:
Autorun/AnyDVD

Not saying that Autorun in AnyDVD is bad, but I have used AnyDVD for years now & I never have it run at start-up. The ony exeption is if I am changing a Burner or reader, I do enable auto run then, only to insure that AnyDVD detects the new drive,or drives. I see no harm in having it enabled, but I have never had any trouble backing up movies whatsoever due to NOT having it enabled at start-up. My metheod of use is : I enable AnyDVD before inserting a movie I want to back-up. After I am done, I disable it and exit.
True, AnyDVD is only a little driver, not a full blown program. And also it is good to have AnyDVD running always because when CDs or DVDs are put into your drives, it stops the kinky autoload programs and RootKit type abominations from loading onto your computer without your knowledge ... you take the chance of loosing your ability to do backups at all without this AnyDVD function enabled always.

Back