• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Please Vote - What is the Best DVD player for your PC

MovieMatt

I have seen references to TheaterTek, PowerDVD, Roxio, etc. Please postyour opinion as to what is the best DVD player for Home Theaters, and why?

- Matt

I have always had great success with power dvd but I'm not sure now with the HD stuff coming out.

I have used WinDVD and PowerDVD and had great results with both.
I have PowerDVD6 now and until I get Vista and a new computer with HD capability (no rush) I won't bother changing.

I've used WinDVD and Power DVD and have never had any issues with either but I prefer Power DVD.

Theater Tek is probably the best - and most expensive.

I use PowerDVD on a regular basis.

-W

I too use PowerDVD... It does all I need it to do... so there is no reason for anything else... (for me anyway!)

PowerDVD works best for me at the moment...

:bowdown: :bowdown: WE'RE NOT WORTHY:bowdown: :bowdown:
SLYSOFT RULZ!!!

Power DVD Ultra

I have downloaded the recent Power DVD Ultra and it is very buggy and I am experiencing quite a bit of lagtime and picture flutter. I have a Brand New Sony Viao Laptop AR 320E. My processor(s) are only running at 40% with this program and I am still experiencing problems. Hope that helps you with your question. Also, the laptop is HD ready and I am using all Slysoft programs. Which work great!!!! Thanks Slysoft, your products are the BEST!!!

I have seen references to TheaterTek, PowerDVD, Roxio, etc. Please postyour opinion as to what is the best DVD player for Home Theaters, and why?

- Matt

ZoomPlayer & Nvidia Pure Video Decoder. Highly customizable.

Power DVD

Well, after about 20 days I finally was able to get Power DVD Ultra to work great with my laptop!!! I connect to my plasma via HDMI on my Sony Laptop. After reading many posts here is what worked best in my scenario: I turned off my NVDIA Graphics Accelator located in the PowerDVD configuration menu and let PowerDVD take over. Much smoother picture. Also, after 4 uninstalls and installs and bringing my computer back to the factory settings the program was successfully deleted then I reinstalled and had great success. I run my XBOX 360 HD Drive and of course use all the Slysoft products. I only wish Slysoft would design a product similar to PowerDVD cause Slysoft has the best products with great updates and none of the added stuff, such as the Google task bar all the products want to install on my computer. Also, I use PowerDVD for playing my Over The Air hd that I record via Windows Media Center using my Pinicale PC HD TV Antenne and I can't believe how great the pictures is with nothing more than what looks like a antenne on a car.

I wish all great success and if anyone locates a better HD DVD that plays files from the harddrive for the computer please post here.

Back