• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Not recognizing disc

Yea Right, Sorry don't have admin rights on my work computer (Just tried mate). Will have to do this when I get home.

Yea Right, Sorry don't have admin rights on my work computer (Just tried mate). Will have to do this when I get home.

Ok, well it's about time for me to go. I will take a look at this thread again tomorrow, but other people can also help you with the lower and upperfilter registry stuff if you post before I get back. Take care

Oh, give this a try while you're at it:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1455402&postcount=3 or http://img102.imageshack.us/slideshow/player.php?id=img102/7710/1150035074lgd.smil

Ok here it goes: My Internal Drive Works ok

Have tried all the above (will still not work)

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.3.0)
TSSTCORP CDRW/DVD TSL462C DE01 DEL
Drive (Hardware) Region: 3

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2037936 sectors (3980 MBytes)
Total size: 3825634 sectors (7471 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: I_ROBOT_SE_D1_F8
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 3!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 3!

My External USB Drive: (Will not read the same DVD)

No Disc is present in Drive E:!
HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-2166D 1.01 05/11/12

If I insert a CD then it works

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.3.0)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 3

Media is a Data CD.
Total size: 43596 sectors (85 MBytes)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

LowerFilters (No UppeFilters)
AnyDVD
ElbyDelay

I'm going to be in meetings for most of tomorrow so I have to get back to you tomorrow night.

MarkNZ

I just restarted my computer and thought I'd give the DVD one more try on my external USB drive and now I get this:

AnyDVD is disabled for Drive E:!

The strange thing is that in the drive selection within AndDVD I only have one DVD showing (Drive D, my internal)
What the hell happend to my external USB Drive E:

I've had enough of this. Going to have a few beers and watch a movie.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

LowerFilters (No UppeFilters)
AnyDVD
ElbyDelay

Well, that's normal. I have no other suggestions. Maybe someone else will think of something.

I suggest Slysoft look into this Serious Bug as I suggested at the start.

My Ignorance

Please excuse my ignorance, but how do you find out what firmware you have?

Thanks, I really appreciate your help and quick response. I did have an older firmware than what was available. I updated and still, a few originals aren't being recognized. It rarely happens, so I guess I should chalk it up to a faulty disk. I love anydvd and am positive that none of the slysoft software is the cause.

Thanks, I really appreciate your help and quick response. I did have an older firmware than what was available. I updated and still, a few originals aren't being recognized. It rarely happens, so I guess I should chalk it up to a faulty disk. I love anydvd and am positive that none of the slysoft software is the cause.

What discs? Anything listed in
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=885 ?

Some dvd-rom drives, apparently, can't even play some of them.

Or http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1854 (these ones should be illegal, imo) ?

A good way to test to see if Anydvd is the culprit is to uninstall the program (keep your license key backed up) or disable/exit Anydvd. If the drive still can't read the discs--then it's not an issue with Anydvd.

It's "A Little Trip to Heaven." It wasn't on either of those threads. I did the anydvd test and still doesn't work. I might try getting an original from a different source.

It's "A Little Trip to Heaven." It wasn't on either of those threads. I did the anydvd test and still doesn't work. I might try getting an original from a different source.

The issue is either the drive or the original disc then.

Back