• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Label Movies?

Rico

Hi Guys,

Currently I'm using ShureThing 5 to make DVD Labels, slimline case inserts. Problem is I scan the disk, then print & stick, generally the center hole is off/to way off, and ither minor problems.

Thought about lightscribe, but after reading a few threads abandoned that idea.

With the epson printers, do you buy printable media (I like TY's do they have printable?) or do you stick a blank label on then print?

If you scan a disk (for printing with an epson) how do you get the image to the disk?

Any suggestions for making beautiful dics would be greatly appreciated. Printing > peeling > sticking is not so good

Thanks
Rico

I have an Epson RX580 and I use TY hub printable media. You can print from the computer using the Epson DVD Software and downloading the cd art work from http://www.cdcovers.cc/.

or

You can put the disc in the center of the scanner, put the blank disc in and hit the copy button. Just make sure to change the inner and outer print dimension to match your discs.

Hi customshopkv1,

I'm thinking about the Epson R-260 for printing labels, but $100-120 to replace 6 inks is very expensive. About twice as much as my Canon 6 inkjet.

Are there any 'very reliable' alternative inks for Epson? Many places advertise compatatible but horror stories abound.

Does anyone else make a cheap printer that also prints to CD/DVD.

cdcovers.cc is this safe to get covers (malware free) & what then download a jpg of the movie?

Thanks
Rico

Hi customshopkv1,

I'm thinking about the Epson R-260 for printing labels, but $100-120 to replace 6 inks is very expensive. About twice as much as my Canon 6 inkjet.

Are there any 'very reliable' alternative inks for Epson? Many places advertise compatatible but horror stories abound.

cdcovers.cc is this safe to get covers (malware free) & what then download a jpg of the movie?

Thanks
Rico
The R260 can be had for about $80. I pay about $40 for all 6 Epson cartridges online. Verbatim and Ty make printable discs. I prefer the "Hub" printable Verbatim.
CDCovers is a clean site. Select the cover, right clik and select "Save Image As" Open "Epson Print CD" and you have a perfect label.

Last edited:
Since I have the originals there is no need to get fancy. I use plain white labels with normal font type with the name on it. Using a laser jet printer.

Program: "xePressit S.E. 2.1"

I think it is a program made by Memorex. Which is the labels I use as well. I get the generic ones off of ebay.

Total cost 11¢ per label.

Hi customshopkv1,

Thanks
Rico

Try Supermediastore.com or Meritline.com and you should be able to get a full set of ink for about $30 or less... depending on their daily/weekly/monthly specials. So far the generics have been working well...
TY 8x media (printable) is about $31-$35 per hundred and they work very well.

Since I have the originals there is no need to get fancy. I use plain white labels with normal font type with the name on it. Using a laser jet printer.

Program: "xePressit S.E. 2.1"

I think it is a program made by Memorex. Which is the labels I use as well. I get the generic ones off of ebay.

Total cost 11¢ per label.

Sticky labels are not recommended and actually cost more than the printable media - even if ink is considered. With the printables, you get a very nice "Full Cover" picture for the DVD.

Printed labels, if not properly centered, can throw a disc out of balance and can actually cause damage to the optical drive. The label can also peel away from the disc.

Printed labels, if not properly centered, can throw a disc out of balance and can actually cause damage to the optical drive. The label can also peel away from the disc.

And.... if you are really unlucky they can shatter while in the drive and completely destroy the drive ----- done that - been there -- type of thing. You wouldn't believe how "fine" the particles are after this happens...

Hi Guys,

I've used now for 5 days, the Epson R260, it sure does nice job! No more peeling & sticking.

Take Care
Rico

dvd prints

i use a epson stylus photo R265 all the software comes with printer to make perfect disc prints. I find that printing on the silver dvd-r gives the best results. there are many sites on the net to download covers without cost.
The R265 cost about £65 and does the job for you far better. I gave up with sticky lables a couple of years ago and would never go back
Good luck

Also, if you have deep pockets, you can get the 16x Ty WaterProof (Also Shiny Top) DVD-R's for about $79 USD per hundred - and that includes the shipping - very very nice print quality - Use the "Premium Surface" setting in the Epson Print CD Software).

discs

I pay no more than £20 for a hundred inkjet printable discs from SVP and out of the many have only lost discs through pilot error !!! on my behalf

I use a HP photosmart D5160 printer with verbatim 16X white hub printable disc that cost about 35.00 per hundred and u can hardly tell the difference from my original and my back-up copy!The printer cost me 80.00 at wal-mart and the ink cartridges are only 36.00 for both!

The TY's I was talking about do not smudge. Try "licking your thumb" and then passing that same thumb over that nicely printed cover and you will see how easy they smudge. Kids do it all the time... I normally use the 8x Ty's that are hub printable and cost about $30 per hundred (shipping included).

If you intend to make a lot of dvd backups buy say 100 which come with a centre post. Then get some stick on labels in a package called cd stomper from Staples. There is a program from Avery called cdstomper.com and you can get the covers from cdcovers.cc Just put your covers in a file ,open up cd stomper, print out 2 covers at once, slide a dvd or cd disk over the centre post of your dvd rack and apply the cover you just printed . The printed covers have tabs on them so you can align them . Good luck !! Simple and it works for me !!:D :D
Hi Guys,

Currently I'm using ShureThing 5 to make DVD Labels, slimline case inserts. Problem is I scan the disk, then print & stick, generally the center hole is off/to way off, and ither minor problems.

Thought about lightscribe, but after reading a few threads abandoned that idea.

With the epson printers, do you buy printable media (I like TY's do they have printable?) or do you stick a blank label on then print?

If you scan a disk (for printing with an epson) how do you get the image to the disk?

Any suggestions for making beautiful dics would be greatly appreciated. Printing > peeling > sticking is not so good

Thanks
Rico

Also, if you have deep pockets, you can get the 16x Ty WaterProof (Also Shiny Top) DVD-R's for about $79 USD per hundred - and that includes the shipping - very very nice print quality - Use the "Premium Surface" setting in the Epson Print CD Software).
I have Epson R320 and use Ty WaterShields. (You posted Ty WaterProof i guess that's the same?) Anyway they come out great! I still have 150 or so of regular paper top TY02 printables but after them it's TY WaterShields all the way..

Back