• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

unkown error

rumbushle

i am trying to back up Narnia; i have backed it up before with no problems, but needed to do it again, and it gives me an "unkown error".
i have cleaned the dvd, and it is not scratched.
i downloaded anydvd again in case there was a prob. there, restarted, and got the same error.
help please!

ever since i got anydvd 6130 i get tons of crc errors.....
i am having trouble with movies i have never had trouble with before...
i have done everything i can think of to do.......

here is one that would not copy:

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.1.3.0)
HP DVD WRITER 840D HPD5 2006/06/20
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2084960 sectors (4072 MBytes)
Total size: 4169920 sectors (8144 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: MEMOIRS_OF_A_GEISHA
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to Title 1!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.

unchecked it so it would copy the whole thing, previews and all to see if that would help; nope.

got this:

File 1 F:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB 23 TCSectorReader

ever since i got anydvd 6130 i get tons of crc errors.....

It's possible your drive is dying.

Here's something you can try:

1. Rip the original disc using Clonedvd2 first (use "dvd +/-r DL" near the quality bar; output method is "dvd files"). Then use the "write existing data" option using Clonedvd2

Also,
Click Start, Run
type regedit

Go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Current Control Set\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Check the values in "LowerFilters" and "UpperFilters". List everything there in your next post

i still get a crc error; maybe i am not doing it right???

as for the second part, i did what you said, not sure if this is what you mean:

Lower: REG_MULTI_S2 AnyDvd Elby Delay Px Help 20PFc

Upper: REG_MULTI_S2

i think i am going to give up and just try to accept the fact that i may just have a bunch of screwed up originals...........

@ rumbushle,

Suggest thoroughly cleaning your HP 840D DVD Burner. There is a possibility that your HP 840D DVD Burner has a “Dirty” lens that could be effecting the reading ability of your HP 840D DVD Burner.

For inform on how to Clean your HP 840D DVD Burner conduct a Google Search (http://www.google.com) on the topic “Clean DVD Burner”.

Regards,
Coaster

i have two programs; which do i uninstall, and will it affect anything else?

Nvidia Gart driver
Nvidia Windows 2000/XP Display drivers

i have two programs; which do i uninstall, and will it affect anything else?

Nvidia Gart driver
Nvidia Windows 2000/XP Display drivers

Leave those alone; leave them installed please.

It's possible pfc.sys was installed with Nero, but I don't have pfc.sys on my system.

I would just do what Coaster said. It's also possible your burner is dying or the original discs are bad.

Last edited:
i have gotten it to copy one of the dvd's; now it won't burn to blank disc; it says the source data is too large........:(

dvd-5 not selected; firmware up to date; verbatim...
have to leave but will try to do it again tonight....

@ rumbushle,

You CAN NOT just willy-nilly go into the Window Registry and unknowingly delete entries. Doing so can easily make your Window Operating System fully unfunctional necessitating complete reinstalling.

Regards,
Coaster

Back