• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Setting up a Media Server - Help

MovieMatt

I am new to AnyDVD and these formums, so please forgive me if the questions are pedantic.

I am trying to setup a media server (Windows XP Pro based system). I have copied a couple of my DVDs to the hard drive (Thanks to AnyDVD and Clone DVD using the DVD Files option)). I tried to use media player, etc to play the movies but I received an error.

What is the right way to store these files on the harddrive (if my end goal is to server them from a harddrive and not to copy them). What software will I need to play them, etc.

Thanks is advance,

- Matt

@ MovieMatt,

Welcome to the Forum.

Suggest obtaining a “Real” software DVD viewing program such as Power DVD or WinDVD and not relying on the crap Microsoft Media Player.

Regards,
Coaster

ZoomPlayer & NVIDIA PureVideo Decoder (or TheaterTek) plus ReClock.

If you're going to be playing them over a higher end display or projection - I'd reccomend TheaterTek as well. If not, PowerDVD is just fine.

-W

I am new to AnyDVD and these formums, so please forgive me if the questions are pedantic.

I am trying to setup a media server (Windows XP Pro based system). I have copied a couple of my DVDs to the hard drive (Thanks to AnyDVD and Clone DVD using the DVD Files option)). I tried to use media player, etc to play the movies but I received an error.

What is the right way to store these files on the harddrive (if my end goal is to server them from a harddrive and not to copy them). What software will I need to play them, etc.

Thanks is advance,

- Matt

Save the movies as .ISO files and download VLC, a free viewer. It works great and the price is right... Also, all the files for the movie are contained in one file making it easier to move/manage, when needed.

DVD Viewers

Thanks for all the feedback. I will definitely check out your recommendations. I am curious about all the files that are created when a DVD is ripped onto the harddrive.

Right now I am creating a folder for each movie. When ripped that CloneDVD is creating two sub folders (VIDEO and AUDIO). There is noithing in the AUDIO folder, but the VIDEO FOlder contains the VOBs and other files, anywhere from 8 to twenty files.

Is this the correct way to rip? Will the players see through this?

Thanks again for your advice

When ripped that CloneDVD is creating two sub folders (VIDEO and AUDIO). There is noithing in the AUDIO folder, but the VIDEO FOlder contains the VOBs and other files, anywhere from 8 to twenty files.

Is this the correct way to rip? Will the players see through this?

Yes, the files in the VIDEO_TS folder are generally as you describe. You'll have BUP, IFO and VOB files. Note that in some cases with newer movies (ie Saw III, Stranger Than Fiction, etc) you will actually see far far more files. Saw III had 99 VOB files.

Back