• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Attempt to split disc fails, 1st ok, 2nd fails part way through

Ounce

- using AnyDVD and CloneDVD - is this a known problem? (I've checked the FAQ).

In general, on dual layer DVDs, should a DL blank always be used or can a split onto a second standard DVD be done successfully?

The DVD is 'Superman Returns' from Universal.

thank you,

Ounce

- using AnyDVD and CloneDVD - is this a known problem? (I've checked the FAQ).

In general, on dual layer DVDs, should a DL blank always be used or can a split onto a second standard DVD be done successfully?

The DVD is 'Superman Returns' from Universal.

You can use a DL disc, you can compress the data to one disc (Most Common Method) or the movie can be split and burned to two discs. I don't know if Clone DVD can split to two discs but I'm sure someone will clear that up.

I use the program frequently to split discs and have never had a problem, so yes, one can do that with this program.

@ Ounce,

Welcome to the Forum.

The CloneDVD software program supports “Splitting” over two blank DVD disks.

Suggest reviewing the CloneDVD User Manual, which is accessed by clicking on the Help icon, located on the top right hand corner of CloneDVD. Refer to the information contained under “Splitting” for detailed information on this topic.

Regards,
Coaster

Back