• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Rocky Balboa

sneakers

I can already anticipate the the trouble I'm going to have with this one. AnyDvd and Dvd Shrink. It's another Sony. :(

I can already anticipate the the trouble I'm going to have with this one. AnyDvd and Dvd Shrink. It's another Sony. :(

If you just want the main movie, do this:
Right click on Anydvd on the toolbar, and select "rip-video dvd to harddisk". After you're finished ripping you should be able to import the main movie only into Shrink (Click "reauthor" and then browse to the location of the video_ts folder. Then drag and drop the main movie over to the left).

Read http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=885 fully

This title isn't out until the 20th, by the way.

Just did Rocky Balboa with CloneDvd and AnyDvd No problem. Your right though that shrink would not work.

Also good with Clone and AnyDvd was the Pursuit of Happiness with Will Smith and Blood Diamonds was good with Shrink and Clone.8)

Dood, the "inevitable ranting" (in the case of my post at least) ISN'T about Shrink... it's about ANYDVD. Discussions about AnyDVD working with Shrink, Recode, CloneDVD etc etc are all kinda 3rd party when it comes to this. But it seems convienient to shuffle the unhappy people into the back corner? AnyDVD needs to WORK - alone - out in the sunlight.

Here's what I posted and it's about AnyDVD.

Us devout users of Shrink were quite happy with AnyDVD until a couple months ago when Saw3 came out. Slysoft doesn't make Shrink? Well Slysoft doesn't make CloneDVD2 either. It's made by Elaborate Bytes (ELBY) in a whole 'nother country. Whatever cross marketing arrangements they have are none of my business - nor could I care less - I'm not a stockholder in iether.

I don't care if Elby updates the transcoder in CloneDVD2, what needs to happen is for Slysoft to update the ripper in AnyDVD to account for the new Sony crap. That's when the whining will stop.

As it is now, it's easier with the new sony disks to just leave AnyDVD shut off and use the FREE version of DVDFab to rip the whole disk to the drive. Ya.... that makes AnyDVD look real usefull going into the future - huh??

-W

Last edited:
Dood, the "inevitable ranting" (in the case of my post at least) ISN'T about Shrink... it's about ANYDVD. Discussions about AnyDVD working with Shrink, Recode, CloneDVD etc etc are all kinda 3rd party when it comes to this. But it seems convienient to shuffle the unhappy people into the back corner? Shrink needs to WORK.

The thread has turned into a lot of third party discussion (and my posts in there were also off-topic). As such I have moved them to where it's more appropriate. And if you wish to continue arguing with waxman, please do so there.

I just copied rocky balboa, everyone's hero and blood diamond no problem with clone dvd 2.9.0.3 and any dvd 6.1.3.2

Dood, the "inevitable ranting" (in the case of my post at least) ISN'T about Shrink... it's about ANYDVD. Discussions about AnyDVD working with Shrink, Recode, CloneDVD etc etc are all kinda 3rd party when it comes to this. But it seems convienient to shuffle the unhappy people into the back corner? AnyDVD needs to WORK - alone - out in the sunlight.

Here's what I posted and it's about AnyDVD.

Us devout users of Shrink were quite happy with AnyDVD until a couple months ago when Saw3 came out. Slysoft doesn't make Shrink? Well Slysoft doesn't make CloneDVD2 either. It's made by Elaborate Bytes (ELBY) in a whole 'nother country. Whatever cross marketing arrangements they have are none of my business - nor could I care less - I'm not a stockholder in iether.

I don't care if Elby updates the transcoder in CloneDVD2, what needs to happen is for Slysoft to update the ripper in AnyDVD to account for the new Sony crap. That's when the whining will stop.

As it is now, it's easier with the new sony disks to just leave AnyDVD shut off and use the FREE version of DVDFab to rip the whole disk to the drive. Ya.... that makes AnyDVD look real usefull going into the future - huh??

-W
The AnyDVD ripper (required) for Shrink copies files to harddisk.
AnyDVD is an *in place* decrypter, so you shouldn't need to copy to harddisk.
If you need to use the AnyDVD ripper for Shrink, you can also use VOBBlanker, CloneDVD, Ripit4me, Nero Recode, 1-click copy, DVDFabDecrypter, ... to rip for Shrink.
The only good solution would be, if Shrink could be used directly from the disc with AnyDVD enabled. But I believe this isn't technically possible.
For conspiracy theorists: AnyDVD works with every 3rd party program (including Nero Recode), not just elby CloneDVD2.

For conspiracy theorists: AnyDVD works with every 3rd party program (including Nero Recode), not just elby CloneDVD2.

If this is the case why is the canned anwser always to try and use CloneDVD2? Even using clone as a ripper and compressing the output in DVDshrink many of the new titles still need to have Clone's output run through FixVTS. The only way AnyDVD works with all 3rd party programs is to do main movie only backups. At least this is the impression I have gotten reading through this forum and CDfreaks.

If this is the case why is the canned anwser always to try and use CloneDVD2? Even using clone as a ripper and compressing the output in DVDshrink many of the new titles still need to have Clone's output run through FixVTS. The only way AnyDVD works with all 3rd party programs is to do main movie only backups. At least this is the impression I have gotten reading through this forum and CDfreaks.

You're right that even the ripped output from CloneDVD2 won't import directly into Shrink without FixVTS, same with the output from the AnyDVD ripping tool.

CloneDVD2 can still rip/compress and burn the entire Sony DVD over to a DVD5 - in one shot even - but what we're now learning is that its compressing EVERYTHING - including all the bogus titles Sony has added. This means less disk space available for the real content. Not an optimal solution iether. :(

I think it's time the AnyDVD ripper be upgraded to perform the equivilant functions of FixVTS during the rip. Sony is using copy protection that's not true encryption anymore - but it's still copy protection.

And James, I'm not a conspiracy theorist.... but like the other poster I'm tired of hearing CloneDVD2 being touted as "The Final Solution", especially since it's output still has the Sony crap in it.

Dood, I just think the timing is poor. Just when Sony came out with this junk, the powers that be decided that you needed to spend all your time on AnyDVD-HD and Blu-Ray. Why? There's barely anything out there to burn them with yet, and blank media costs a fortune. While you guys are fiddling around with all that new stuff - Sony is busy burning Rome on you. :D

If you can't do it on the fly - so be it - just relese a ripper that cleans up all the BS and we'll shut up. Until then, it's easier to use (and reccomend) freeware solutions. AnyDVD has lost the initiative to Sony - So take it back!
Beat them.... please.

-W

Last edited:
CloneDVD2 can still rip/compress and burn the entire Sony DVD over to a DVD5 - in one shot even - but what we're now learning is that its compressing EVERYTHING - including all the bogus titles Sony has added. This means less disk space available for the real content. Not an optimal solution iether. :(
Why don't you deselect unwanted titles?

Movie only

Whats wrong with just copying movie only surely the point is to get the best quality burn with minimal fuss. :doh: Why would you want all the extras on your copy. :doh: How often do you watch the extra's say compared to the movie. :agree: After all its your back up copy and you do have the original to watch the extras should you want to. :clap:

Why don't you deselect unwanted titles?

I personally usually only take the main movie, but that's not the point.

Up until Saw3 no one had to suggest taking the main movie only, or trying to manually de-select all the bogus titles or all the other work arounds, etc etc. You just put the disk in - and it worked.

James, I liked what you posted on that other board (CDFreaks?) that got linked here. The part about coming up with a ripper that can deal with the Sony crap as a separate download. I understand why some of that stuff might be difficult to impossible to remove "on the fly" - but that's not giving AnyDVD total absolution in it's market. Were you to do as you suggested and come up with a seperate ripper as a free download (to save room) - then AnyDVD would be percieved (again) as one stop shopping for all your copy-protection problems.

And once such a ripper was developed, you could also share it with Elby for incorporation into CloneDVD, as it's not producing a clean rip iether. Then everyone would be happy again - the Clone users, as well as everyone else.

Since SAW3, it's been all about modifying user behavior to solve problems with Sony vs AnyDVD, it didn't used to be like that. And a ripper that can leave all the junk behind would bring you much praise and returned glory. The users don't care how it works, they just want it to work. You kinda said as much over there - no?

-W

Last edited:
I did the whole disk and did not have a problem with anydvd 6.1.3.0

Whats wrong with just copying movie only surely the point is to get the best quality burn with minimal fuss. :doh: Why would you want all the extras on your copy. How often do you watch the extra's say compared to the movie. :agree: After all its your back up copy and you do have the original to watch the extras should you want to. :clap:

I have kids and they watch the "extras" and all the other crap as much or more than the real movie. But beside all that, if I want to do the whole disk then I want to do the whole disk, like it used to be, clean and easy. I used to disagree with Clams on this one, but he is starting to win me over, it's been so long I forgot how AnyDvd used to work, and now I want it back. Thanks for showing me the way Clams. :bowdown:

You're right that even the ripped output from CloneDVD2 won't import directly into Shrink without FixVTS, same with the output from the AnyDVD ripping tool.

I think it's time the AnyDVD ripper be upgraded to perform the equivilant functions of FixVTS during the rip. Sony is using copy protection that's not true encryption anymore - but it's still copy protection.

And James, I'm not a conspiracy theorist.... but like the other poster I'm tired of hearing CloneDVD2 being touted as "The Final Solution", especially since it's output still has the Sony crap in it.

Dood, I just think the timing is poor. Just when Sony came out with this junk, the powers that be decided that you needed to spend all your time on AnyDVD-HD and Blu-Ray. Why? There's barely anything out there to burn them with yet, and blank media costs a fortune. While you guys are fiddling around with all that new stuff - Sony is busy burning Rome on you. :D

If you can't do it on the fly - so be it - just relese a ripper that cleans up all the BS and we'll shut up. Until then, it's easier to use (and reccomend) freeware solutions. AnyDVD has lost the initiative to Sony - So take it back!
Beat them.... please.

-W

Werd!!! My sentiments exactly.

Have you all noticed that most of the "AnyDVD" forum is of complaints about Sony movies. Just wanted to point that out to James and the rest of the Slysoft team if they haven't already noticed that.

This can't be good for business. We all want the Slysoft team to succeed or we wouldn't be on this forum complaining. We'll all benefit if this is resolved ASAP!!!

I mean, considering this problem, what are we to expect from AnyDVD HD and Sony's Blu-ray movies???

I used AnyDVD and CloneDVD to rip the disc [without trailers but with the extras] to my HDD as DVD-9 then ran it through FixVTS. Then I used VobBlanker and deleted all the junk from VIDEO_TS.VOB and processed it. Then I compressed to DVD-5 with CloneDVD. My end result was about 75% of the original compression-wise. Came out very nice.

I used AnyDVD and CloneDVD to rip the disc [without trailers but with the extras] to my HDD as DVD-9 then ran it through FixVTS. Then I used VobBlanker and deleted all the junk from VIDEO_TS.VOB and processed it. Then I compressed to DVD-5 with CloneDVD. My end result was about 75% of the original compression-wise. Came out very nice.

If you're just using Anydvd/Clonedvd, I'm curious as to why you're running the rip through FixVTS and VobBlanker (unless you're removing something specific in VobBlanker that Clonedvd can't remove?)?

If you're just using Anydvd/Clonedvd, I'm curious as to why you're running the rip through FixVTS and VobBlanker (unless you're removing something specific in VobBlanker that Clonedvd can't remove?)?

FixVTS did a bit of remapping due to Sony's garbage. Call me anal-rententive but I like my DVD compliant and FixVTS doesn't take that much energy to use. I process the VOBs when I'm away from the computer. I'll attach the log file. I used VobBlanker to remove the Sony intro, FBI warning, etc that is buried inside the VIDEO_TS.VOB file. It appears all the Sony videos I've checked recently have the same basic VIDEO_TS.VOB and it can be completely cleaned out. Now the DVD goes right to the main menu. It's possible that AnyDVD would remove it with skip to main menu enabled but, frankly, I don't know since I never use that feature in AnyDVD. I'd rather use VobBlanker and do it myself. I was pretty much just toying around when I did it.

Attachments

• FixVTS - ROCKY_BALBOA.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
FixVTS did a bit of remapping due to Sony's garbage.

Yeah, but I think you can unselect everything you don't want in Clonedvd. You don't need to run the rip through fixvts,
unless you want to clean the mess up a bit first before using Clonedvd. But you're probably aware of that.

I used VobBlanker to remove the Sony intro, FBI warning, etc that is buried inside the VIDEO_TS.VOB file.

Yeah, I can kind of understand that, provided "jump directly the main movie" doesn't work in Anydvd--or if you can't remove that stuff by cutting out chapters in Clonedvd2.

Last edited:
Back