• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Not recognizing disc

Yes..... you installed AnyDVD, inserted a disk, the drive jumped all over the disk to read all the IFO files (that's how AnyDVD works), and it the drive failed.

-W

Yes..... you installed AnyDVD, inserted a disk, the drive jumped all over the disk to read all the IFO files (that's how AnyDVD works), and it the drive failed.

-W

Not quite so simple as that. The drive still works. It just does not read protected DVDs - manages non protected ones just fine

Not quite so simple as that. The drive still works. It just does not read protected DVDs - manages non protected ones just fine

As I and others have already established, the issue is with your drive and not Anydvd.

Last edited:
@ electricman,

There is absolutely no malicious coding in the AnyDVD software program that causes a DVD Drive to fail.

You have been informed of that fact on numerous occasions but you continue to insist that AnyDVD contains malicious coding that caused you DVD drive to fail.

You should take some time and enroll in some computer programming classes and learn exactly how computer software program coding works. You should also enroll in some electronics classes and learn exactly how computer hardware is designed and works.

Regards,
Coaster

@ electricman,
You should also enroll in some electronics classes and learn exactly how computer hardware is designed and works.

Regards,
Coaster

I have never suggested that AnyDVD contains mallicious code, I am simply stating the fact that my drive worked perfectly before AnyDVD was installed and could not read protected DVDs immediately afterwards. Nothing you have said establishes the fact that AnyDVD could not be responsible for the failure - you are only expressing your opinion, as I am.

Oh - and for your information.

I am a computer professional and I have a degree in Electronic and Electrical Engineering and am a full member of the Institute of Engineering and Technology - formally called the Institute of Electrical Engineers (IEE).

electricman BSc MIET

Last edited:
@ electricman,

You of all people with your Formal Education should know and fully understand that installing the AnyDVD software program didn’t have anything to do with your DVD Burner failure to read copy protected DVD’s.

Why do you continue to beat a dead horse? Just accept the fact your DVD Burner failed and installing the AnyDVD software program didn’t have anything to do with the failure.

Regards,
Coaster

I have never suggested that AnyDVD contains mallicious code, I am simply stating the fact that my drive worked perfectly before AnyDVD was installed and could not read protected DVDs immediately afterwards.

I would submit that your drive (computer) could not read copy-protected DVD's before AnyDVD was installed. I mean, that's kinda the prima-facia reason for installing AnyDVD to begin with, no? :D

-W

Actually you are right. It may have been more correct to say that my PC could play copy protected DVDs before AnyDVD was installed and could not afterwards.

Hope that clears up any misunderstanding.

Actually you are right. It may have been more correct to say that my PC could play copy protected DVDs before AnyDVD was installed and could not afterwards.

It's probably safe to say my girlfriend's pet bunny, Bugs, was very small when you first installed Anydvd. After you installed Anydvd, my girlfriend's rabbit grew into a larger bunny. Therefore, Anydvd must be responsible for its sudden growth spurt. Similarly, I'm pretty sure Anydvd stole all the milk in my fridge, because after I installed it, my milk disappeared. I updated to 6.1.3.0 yesterday, and today, it's freezing cold outside. I blame Anydvd for cold weather.

This is fact--not opinion: your issue with your old drive has absolutely nothing to do with Anydvd.

Last edited:

Hope that clears up any misunderstanding.

You need to be talking about the SAME EXACT MOVIE in your before/after AnyDVD scenario. And it outta be a movie over 90 days old to be sure.

There's a few of the newer Sony protections that won't play AT ALL on any DVD-Player or DVD-Drive. So if you installed AnyDVD to get a particular new movie to play or rip and it won't it may be one of the new Sony abortions that just won't play at all on 10% of the equipment out there.

-W

Can't read my original DVD

I Currently have a brand new Dell laptop computer model 640m. And a LG DVD Burner (All Brand new).

Operating system is Windows XP.

Before I installed any other software I tried playing one of my original DVD's
I Robot, NTSC Region 3 on the Internal DVD drive (also a DVD writer) and it
played ok. Next I tried my new External USB LG DVD Burner. This also played ok.

I then installed AnyDVD 6.1.3.0 and started to have problems not on my internal drive but my external. (Internal drive works ok)
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.3.0)
TSSTCORP DVDRRW TSL462C DE01 DEL
Drive (Hardware) Region: 3

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2037936 sectors (3980 MBytes)
Total size: 3825634 sectors (7471 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: I_ROBOT_SE_D1_F8
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 3!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 3!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I put the original I Robot in this drive I get this message with AnyDVD

No Disc is present in Drive E:!
HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-2166D 1.01 05/11/12

If I put cd into this drive it work fine
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.3.0)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a Data CD.
Total size: 43596 sectors (85 MBytes)

I have spent many hrs on this and I'm 120% certain that AnyDVD has a serious bug.:mad:

I've searched through this web site and found many examples of users having the same problem. :)doh: :mad: )

I also for the hell of it installed a clean version of Vista Ultimate and had the exact same problem.:mad:

I'm not impressed. CAN SLYSOFT PLEASE FIX THIS SERIOUS BUG !!!!!

Mark

If I put cd into this drive it work fine
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.3.0)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
You could try to set the region of your drive.

I have spent many hrs on this and I'm 120% certain that AnyDVD has a serious bug.:mad:

I've searched through this web site and found many examples of users having the same problem. :)doh: :mad: )

I also for the hell of it installed a clean version of Vista Ultimate and had the exact same problem.:mad:

I'm not impressed. CAN SLYSOFT PLEASE FIX THIS SERIOUS BUG !!!!!

Mark

So, it turns out I am not the only person who has had a perfectly good DVD drive rendered useless after installing AnyDVD. I agree, they need to sort this out immediately!

And don't let certain people on this forum try to bully you into thinking this can not be an AnyDVD problem - when it is clearly implicated! When are they going to wake up to the fact that their precious software may have faults?

Good luck - I ended up buying a new drive - and my Compaq Pressario system was only 6 months old!

Last edited:
So, it turns out I am not the only person who has had a perfectly good DVD drive rendered useless after installing AnyDVD. I agree, they need to sort this out immediately!

And don't let certain people on this forum try to bully you into thinking this can not be an AnyDVD problem - when it clearly is! When are they going to wake up to the fact that their precious software may have faults?

Good luck - I ended up buying a new drive - and my Compaq Pressario system was only 6 months old!
I've never known of a piece of software causing a hardware malfunction to where a drive wouldn't work again.

I've never known of a piece of software causing a hardware malfunction to where a drive wouldn't work again.

Oh but it did work(ish). It would happily read and write CDs and non copy protected DVD. It would just not recognise that a copy protected DVD was in the drive at all. AnyDVD reported the drive as empty, as did explorer. However, immediately, I repeat, immediatley after installing AnyDVD the problem started. Coincidence? You can decide for yourself - I don't think so.

And my opinion is as valid as anyone's on this forum!

Your troll posts are becoming tiring.

And don't let certain people on this forum try to bully you into thinking this can not be an AnyDVD problem - when it clearly is!

You are wrong. This person's issue has nothing to do with your dead drive.

The other person's drive's region code is not set to match the region code of the disc, and that is likely causing the issue for MarkNZ.

Last edited:
Your troll posts are becoming tiring.

You are wrong. This person's issue has nothing to do with your dead drive.

The other person's drive's region code is not set to match the region code of the disc, and that is likely causing the issue.
Why won't the person set the region code for the drive?

Back