• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anybody able to copy Borat?

philfrompa

I tried to backup Borat today, and got the copy protected message.

Has anybody had success with this one?

Phil

Can't Copy Borat ?

I have come to my first hurdle with AnyDVD since I purchased it . . .
Maybe it's the new gizmos that movie companies are placing on them.
Unable to copy BORAT due to copy protection. Any help would be appreciated...

I tried to backup Borat today, and got the copy protected message.

Has anybody had success with this one?

Phil

It can be done with Shrink alone. It has minimal protection. See my reply to Napamac on the other Borat thread.

-W

Last edited:
I have come to my first hurdle with AnyDVD since I purchased it . . .
Maybe it's the new gizmos that movie companies are placing on them.
Unable to copy BORAT due to copy protection. Any help would be appreciated...

How did you try it? I was able to get it with DVDShrink alone, anyDVD wasn't needed as it had minimal protection.

-W

OK, I just tried it again. It only has CSS and RCE protection. I could fillet it with DVDShrink both Without, and With, AnyDVD turned on - iether way - it worked fine.

Past that I can't help you - my 30 day trial of CloneDVD2 ran out.

You might wanna try rolling back your AnyDVD to 6.1.2.5 - there have been a few unsubstantiated reports of 6.1.3.0 having strange interactions with certain drives. It might be a worthy experiment just to check this.

-W (AnyDVD customer)

Last edited:
Reboot

Dude, did you reboot after the last update? I get copy protection errors after I upgrade the drivers if i FORGET TO REBOOT.

Can't Copy Borat ?

I thought I had rebooted but will try that again, can't hurt.

What is Shrink DVD? How is it used?

Thanks,

Rick

Thanks,

Rick
DVD Shrink is used to compress DVD DLs to fit on single layer DVDs. Very useful for saving money.

It's an older freeware program that operates (is used) much like CloneDVD.
It only outputs to a movie folder or an ISO file. It cannot burn to DVD without a 3rd party burner (like Nero etc)
It can handle CSS and RCE protections. It stopped being developed in mid 2004 and cannot handle later Sony protections (like ARRCOS etc) without using AnyDVD. Check the 3rd party forum for info on a safe place to download it from.

I still use it as a baseline program to see how protected a movie really is - or isn't.

-W

Can't Copy Borat ?

Goggle . . . Thanks for the reminder.
I must have forgotten . . .
Works fine now.

:bowdown:

Borat

Borat was an easy one with AnyDVD 6.1.2.5 and CloneDVD 2, 2.9.0.3, very easy.:agree:

I Copied Borat.

Use DVD43 to get past the copyright. but i dont suggest ripping the dvd because something happens and the movie goes blue.

Can't Copy Borat ?

Thanks and Sorry . . . I did forget to reboot.

napamac:bowdown:

Back