• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

A Word on Clone- thank you

mac007

After I read the articles on clone, I temporarily downloaded clone2 to try with any dvd, and it worked good on a back up that shrink plus any dvd couldn't do. Thank You for the help, I am still hoping that shrink can eventually handle it with any dvd.

Still Learning

I have used shrink and any dvd always. I have never had to do this before, so bare with me. I used any dvd and clone 2, just inserted the movie and the back up came out good. My question is, and I am trying to find the article, if I rip using any dvd ripper, and save it to my drive, how do I access it with shrink, and what is the process to continue. I would like to try this so I know how to do it. I would prefer shrink plus any dvd{clone is on its trial}. Clone 2 worked good. I have 2 drives, just inserted the discs and that was it. I am trying to get a more hands on, but I don't know what I am doing. thanks

. My question is, and I am trying to find the article, if I rip using any dvd ripper, and save it to my drive, how do I access it with shrink, and what is the process to continue.

from http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=885

"If you just want the main movie, do this:
Right click on Anydvd on the toolbar, and select "rip-video dvd to harddisk". After you're finished ripping you should be able to import the main movie only into Shrink (Click "reauthor" and then browse to the location of the video_ts folder. Then drag and drop the main movie over to the left)."

I would like to try this so I know how to do it. I would prefer shrink plus any dvd{clone is on its trial}. Clone 2 worked good. I have 2 drives, just inserted the discs and that was it. I am trying to get a more hands on, but I don't know what I am doing. thanks

You can rip to the hard drive first using Clonedvd (select "dvd +/-r DL near the quality bar and choose "dvd files" for the output method). In Clonedvd you remove the titles you don't want, the audio tracks you don't want, etc. You then import that rip into Shrink and burn.

In other words, you rip with Clonedvd2 first--and then import that rip into Shrink. By doing this you help to ensure compatibility with Anydvd--and you can also eliminate a lot of stuff you don't want before using Shrink. Shrink is not compatible with Anydvd for full disk backups of certain Sony releases--while Clonedvd is.

Or if you're happy with Clonedvd2's transcoder quality (you're probably not going to see a much of a difference between Shrink and Clonedvd2 when Clonedvd2 is showing 85% or higher in its quality bar), then you don't need to use Shrink at all. I recommend reading http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 fully

Thank You, Webslinger

Thanks for the help, I will read the articles and I"ll try to further my knowledge with some hands on experience.
Is this correct? I had any dvd in the backround. I opened up clone 2, {don't really remember what I chose}, but the movie was flawlessly backed up. I did not have to do anything else. Is that normal?
Also, is there a difference between clone 2 and Elbys clone or whatever? I am on trial with clone dvd2, and I want to make sure I am making the write choice. Thanks for your help and time

but the movie was flawlessly backed up. I did not have to do anything else. Is that normal?

That's normal, yes.

Also, is there a difference between clone 2 and Elbys clone or whatever?

Use Clonecd with Verbatim +R Double Layer discs only. Clonecd will retain the original layer break position while Clonedvd2 will not. I use Clonecd with Verbatim +R DL discs. With normal single layer discs, I use Clonedvd2 (but I rarely use Clonedvd2 anymore; I mostly use Clonecd).

This is my preferred method for backing up dvd-video:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

Back