• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.2.3 beta

I second the mention of mrr19121970.

Please do as he requests.
BurnerHEAD

Suggestions for Virtual CloneDrive (VCD)

I think "mrr19121970" has some good ideas, whether you implement these exactly as he described or some variation. Worst case, a couple options could be implemented for some of this in case someone didn't want the functionality.

Anyone with recent Securom protected PC games needs to disable Virtual Clonedrive when playing them. The latest Securom requires the .iso to be unmounted. Older Seucrom versions require the number of drives to be set to "0".
Otherwise you'll get an "emulation detected message".

Just letting some of you know (especially those that use Game Jackal).

Anyone with recent Securom protected PC games needs to disable Virtual Clonedrive when playing them. The latest Securom requires the .iso to be unmounted. Older Seucrom versions require the number of drives to be set to "0".
Otherwise you'll get an "emulation detected message".

Just letting some of you know (especially those that use Game Jackal).

And I suggest that everyone suffering from such problems should write a letter to the game publisher, or even better, return the game to the store.

Virtual CloneDrive does *absolutely nothing* to circumvent the copy protection of games. Nada. Zip.

I agree

I agree with mrr19121970's post, James, you should check it out and maybe consider implementing all or part of his suggestion :agree:

:bowdown:

Nice work...

Am I allowed a couple of requests ? When you double click on an ISO, it mounts the image. This is fine if you have 1 drive enabled. But, in other cases; I'd like to see:

If you have all drives disabled, a popup asking should 1 drive be enabled and then mounted.

If you have more than 1 drive enabled, I'd like to have the image mounted on the next free virtual drive (otherwised be asked where - including adding a new drive as an option)

Thanks, I'll tell the swissboys.

PowerDVD 8 Build 2521

Hello,

with the new Build 2521 of PowerDVD 8 it isn't possible to playback (BlueRay) Images! :(

Cyber Link Power DVD unterstützt die Wiedergabe von Blu-ray Discs auf einem virtuellen Gerät nicht. Eine Blu-ray Disc muss zum Abspielen In ein BD-ROM-Laufwerk eingelegt werden.

Will there be a solution for this?

Greetings

Last edited:
Hello,

with the new Build 2521 of PowerDVD 8 it isn't possible to playback (BlueRay) Images! :(

Will there be a solution for this?

Greetings

Sure. Use newest AnyDVD.

or even better, return the game to the store

Remember how you said you wanted to watch movies in high-def no matter what even if they're on Blu-ray? Well, I want to play those games, and I want to play them on the PC. And since I refuse to pirate, I don't think I'll be taking my games back to the store. Yes, I know that I'm being mistreated by PC gaming publishers (and I've complained bitterly to them in letters) . . .

Virtual CloneDrive does *absolutely nothing* to circumvent the copy protection of games. Nada. Zip.

Yes, I know. I'm not saying this is a Virtual Clonedrive issue. I'm saying that those of you playing PC games (and using Game Jackal) better be aware of what happens with Securom and virtual drives.

Last edited:
Hi folks,

I installed the beta at the top of this thread and I'm suffering an issue now that I searched for, but could not find a solution for. I am using the x64 bit version of windows XP w/SP2. I enabled the 'virtual sheep' option in VCD and it has attacked ALL of my drives! It has become virtual BLACK sheep! My C: and D: drives are both labeled as virtual clone drives, and all of my drives have sheep icons now. I disabled the option, but there wasn't any change(although I didn't reboot after switching the checkbox. Will I need to?) TIA.

Everything works properly it's just that the icons are jacked, correct?

Try a reboot.

Reboot doesn't solve the prob. And yes - it works fine, but the icons AND the description of the drive names has changed. My physical drives are now called 'virtual clone drive' C and 'VCD' drive D.

Yes and yes.
You don't. And it isn't causing "ADvdDiscHlp64.exe" to crash. Just delete "ADvdDiscHlp64.exe" .

Hi James,

I already took your advice and deleted both "ADvdDiscHlp64.exe" and
"ADvdDiscHlp64.dll".

Q: Was I suppose to delete .dll also!?!?

Thanks!

G!:)

Reboot doesn't solve the prob. And yes - it works fine, but the icons AND the description of the drive names has changed. My physical drives are now called 'virtual clone drive' C and 'VCD' drive D.

Soooooo...I guess this is a 'feature' now? It'll rename your physical drives as 'virtual' drives?

I see this version says it supports Daemon Tools 3rd party apps. How would I go about getting Daemon Script to work with VCD?

I normally use Daemon Script to auto mount and run an app. with a simple double click of one file. Need this for the kiddies. Thanks,

icon123

Hi folks,

I installed the beta at the top of this thread and I'm suffering an issue now that I searched for, but could not find a solution for. I am using the x64 bit version of windows XP w/SP2. I enabled the 'virtual sheep' option in VCD and it has attacked ALL of my drives! It has become virtual BLACK sheep! My C: and D: drives are both labeled as virtual clone drives, and all of my drives have sheep icons now. I disabled the option, but there wasn't any change(although I didn't reboot after switching the checkbox. Will I need to?) TIA.

It obviously doesn't seem to work like it should with XP64.

I see this version says it supports Daemon Tools 3rd party apps. How would I go about getting Daemon Script to work with VCD?
I don't even know what this is. Enlighten me, please.

With DS you can create a single shortcut to mount image and start the game/application.
A simple .bat file will also do ^^

Back