• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Audio Sync Problems

Had same issue - seems to be ok now

I uninstalled the Combined Comunity Codec Pack and Haali Media Splitter - tried again and things were synced up.

From the mplayer documentation

This is pulled from the mplayer website.

9.1. Audio/Video synchronization

Linux sound card drivers have compatibility problems. This is because MPlayer relies on an in-built feature of properly coded sound drivers that enable them to maintain correct audio/video sync. Regrettably, some driver authors don't take the care to code this feature since it is not needed for playing MP3s or sound effects.

Other media players like aviplay or xine possibly work out-of-the-box with these drivers because they use "simple" methods with internal timing. Measuring showed that their methods are not as efficient as MPlayer's.

Using MPlayer with a properly written audio driver will never result in A/V desynchronisation related to the audio, except only with very badly created files (check the man page for workarounds).

If you happen to have a bad audio driver, try the -autosync option, it should sort out your problems. See the man page for detailed information.

I don't know if this affects the CCCP or Haali codecs that people talk about fixing the problem. Perhaps the Slysoft developers all have certain video cards or drivers that are different from those on some of our cheaper laptops. Just an idea. Could the slysoft folks please see if the 'autosync' flag slows down the process on your machines or causes any other problems? I'll play with adding it to my own setup (which consistently has audio sync problems) and report back my results.

What I've tried

To start, I'm running a Panasonic CF-30 with XP pro and I think about 1.66 Ghz process and 1GB of ram. My files are pre-ripped. I'm in Iraq and buy the movies from locals on base. Playing them in VOB and IFO..? format is no problem off my external hard drive. When I would convert to MP4 under "Microsoft Zune" with full settings (highest quality and screen size) I would have audio sync problems using Windows Media Play and Zune media player.

If I converted to WMV files, no audio sync problems.

Then friend gave me VLC Media player. Looks pretty simple, not as fancy as the others, but seems to not have the audio sync problem.

I'm considering buying a portable dvd player with USB ports to run from my external. I hope it will play with no audio problems.

Good luck

It's November and the Sync issue is still alive - HELP

hi all, well I just spent the last hour going through these forums and this thread...a little disapointed that there is no clear answer to the audio sync issue.

I am a happy user of both AnyDVD and DVDClone2, got the DVDClone Mobile a while ago but have never used it until now. I just got my kid a PSP for xmas, so was trying a few DVD conversions to see how it would work for her.

I selected PSP from the first screen and the first choice which is PSP AVC/H264. Click next and select a movie that I have ripped to my harddrive, this is ripped with AnyDVD/DVDClone full size, no compression.

I select leave the default audio stream English dolby AC-3/6 and disabled subtitles, click next..

Leave everything default which is 368x208, highest video quality, 1 pass, deinterlaced checked.

I have tried this on 2 films now, soon as the first finished I went to the folder on the harddrive where I created it and double clicked, it open in windows media player and the first thing i notice was lip sync was out....very odd. the second film was the same, ended up here!

My PC is a beast, I am running off Vista Ultimate 32bit (which I hate!) on a nForce 790i MB with Intel Extreme quad X6700 cpu, 2 Gig of 1333MHz ram, 10k main disk where the software is installed and a 6TB raid array where the files are created and read from.

The encoding is taking approximately 25 minutes per film, this outputs a 500-600meg file.

I am using the lastest version of the software and the films I tried are NTSC R1 (USA) Alvin and the chipmunks and Garfield 2, my dvd drive is set to R1

PLEASE can some one help me get this working for the PSP before Xmas!!

I have not tested play back on the PSP as its rapped up for my kid already!!

Many thanks..

I just updated to the beta and it solved the audio sync issues in iTunes with my AC/DC Live at Donington DVD. However, I cannot get the iPod version to load on my iPod Touch or on my 80 GB Classic. But that's a topic for a different thread.

-Jeff

So I tried a thrid movie, dodgeball and also changed to the highest quality, the first was not on max I guess as the size of the output file is much smaller than the last 2 I tried (300meg) and the sync issue in not there. The first one was the worse, I'll try it again will high settings.

Anyone using this software for PSP and has any tips?

Also is there somethign I can set in the config file to use more cores?

Thanks!

hi all, well I just spent the last hour going through these forums and this thread...a little disapointed that there is no clear answer to the audio sync issue.

I am a happy user of both AnyDVD and DVDClone2, got the DVDClone Mobile a while ago but have never used it until now. I just got my kid a PSP for xmas, so was trying a few DVD conversions to see how it would work for her.

I selected PSP from the first screen and the first choice which is PSP AVC/H264. Click next and select a movie that I have ripped to my harddrive, this is ripped with AnyDVD/DVDClone full size, no compression.

I select leave the default audio stream English dolby AC-3/6 and disabled subtitles, click next..

Leave everything default which is 368x208, highest video quality, 1 pass, deinterlaced checked.

I have tried this on 2 films now, soon as the first finished I went to the folder on the harddrive where I created it and double clicked, it open in windows media player and the first thing i notice was lip sync was out....very odd. the second film was the same, ended up here!

My PC is a beast, I am running off Vista Ultimate 32bit (which I hate!) on a nForce 790i MB with Intel Extreme quad X6700 cpu, 2 Gig of 1333MHz ram, 10k main disk where the software is installed and a 6TB raid array where the files are created and read from.

The encoding is taking approximately 25 minutes per film, this outputs a 500-600meg file.

I am using the lastest version of the software and the films I tried are NTSC R1 (USA) Alvin and the chipmunks and Garfield 2, my dvd drive is set to R1

PLEASE can some one help me get this working for the PSP before Xmas!!

I have not tested play back on the PSP as its rapped up for my kid already!!

Many thanks..

Hello Mr_Slugger and welcome to the forum. I've been making PSP movies all afternoon and having really good luck with the latest beta version 1.5.0.4. It has solved the A/V sync issues as far as I can tell. Download it here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=21748 . I will also include a pdf file I made for a friend and have posted here before, hope it helps.

Last edited:
I see the pdf did not attach, they have cut the allowable size down so I'll try that again as a zip!

Attachments

• Making a PSP movie.zip
    178 KB · Views: 12

I have not had problems with a/v sync on PSP or iPods. Just with DivX profile.

For movies you should not use the DeInterlace parm. That should only be checked if you are converting something that was made for TV like a series or made-for-TV movie.

Try the conversion w/out DeInterlace and post back.

Also can you clarify if the out of sync gets progressively worse or is it consistent through the movie?

~KnoWei

device.ini change for mopts delay for PSP 480x272 (AVC/H264)

Newbee to forum and indeed Slysoft software. Very impressed with look and feel of software. But have had same audio synch problems as listed in this thread when creating PSP movies from my Region 1, Region 2, Region 4 and All Region DVDs, therefore, I conclude it is hardware related. I have a good machine with Pentium D, i.e. dual threads (maybe the issue!).

I have read elsewhere that CloneDVD Mobile update is coming soon to correct the problem. I have tried the beta but this just errors out when I use it.

Earlier in this thread there was mention of changing the mopts line in the devices.ini to include a delay. I would like to play around with this in my devices.ini but having added it to the [PSP 480x272 (AVC/H264, FW > 3.30)] section I just get an error. Previously tasbert said he got this change working for PSP - can anyone explain where I should put the delay logic in the mopts line for the [PSP 480x272 (AVC/H264, FW > 3.30)]:

Current mopts line in devices.ini for [PSP 480x272 (AVC/H264, FW > 3.30)] is:
mopts=-faacopts br=%abrate%:mpeg=4:eek:bject=2 -x264encopts bitrate=%vbrate%:level_idc=21:bframes=3:threads=0:frameref=2:nopsnr:nossim%PASS%

Any help appreciated.

DHL

Dear all - please ignore my last reply, I really should have attempted more permutations before requesting answers from you guys. It really was very easy.
For those of you interested, I update my devices.ini to include the following line:

mopts=-delay 0.2 -faacopts br=%abrate%:mpeg=4:eek:bject=2 -x264encopts bitrate=%vbrate%:level_idc=21:bframes=3:threads=0:frameref=2:nopsnr:nossim%PASS%

My machine needs a 0.2 delay. I am chuffed to bits because my movies now look AND SOUND fantastic on the PSP.

Happy New Year and thank you Slysoft for a great piece of software (even with the small tweaks I have had to make myself).

Newbee to forum and indeed Slysoft software. Very impressed with look and feel of software. But have had same audio synch problems as listed in this thread when creating PSP movies from my Region 1, Region 2, Region 4 and All Region DVDs, therefore, I conclude it is hardware related. I have a good machine with Pentium D, i.e. dual threads (maybe the issue!).

I have read elsewhere that CloneDVD Mobile update is coming soon to correct the problem. I have tried the beta but this just errors out when I use it.

Earlier in this thread there was mention of changing the mopts line in the devices.ini to include a delay. I would like to play around with this in my devices.ini but having added it to the [PSP 480x272 (AVC/H264, FW > 3.30)] section I just get an error. Previously tasbert said he got this change working for PSP - can anyone explain where I should put the delay logic in the mopts line for the [PSP 480x272 (AVC/H264, FW > 3.30)]:

Current mopts line in devices.ini for [PSP 480x272 (AVC/H264, FW > 3.30)] is:
mopts=-faacopts br=%abrate%:mpeg=4:eek:bject=2 -x264encopts bitrate=%vbrate%:level_idc=21:bframes=3:threads=0:frameref=2:nopsnr:nossim%PASS%

Any help appreciated.

DHL
mopts line in your post should be
Code:
mopts=-delay 0.2 -faacopts br=%abrate%:mpeg=4:object=2 -x264encopts bitrate=%vbrate%:level_idc=21:bframes=3:threads=0:frameref=2:nopsnr:nossim%PASS%
Audio delay setting included from your next post
An update to CDM which will solve audio sync problems has been promised by Fernando in other threads - perhaps waiting a few days will save you tearing your hair out...

Last edited:
Had this problem too with the PS3. Was quite frustrated until I found this thread. Read the entire thing... the following setting worked perfectly for SinCity_Recut... I can now watch it on the PS3, hosted by my Twonky Media Manager Server with no audio delay. Before, I had it regardless of the quality, now I can watch it in great quality, and matching sound.

Here is my edited line.
Code:
mopts=-audio-preload 0.8 -delay 0.1 -faacopts br=%abrate%:mpeg=4:object=2 -x264encopts

Having read all the pages a post that is so relevant to my set up that it is just about perfect. I am using a QNAP NAS and streaming onto the PS3 with Twonky Media Server. When I play back no matter wether deinterlaces or set on different quality settings then there is a slight delay in the sound.
I have tried to change the settings in the Device.ini file but my computer tells me that I do not have permission to save into this file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

The file is read-only, which is why it's telling you that you don't have permission.

select devices.ini --> right click --> select properties --> uncheck read only --> apply this folder/file only

Saving should now be no problem.

Those are the steps for Vista, XP should be pretty much the same.

Thanks for the reply. I have managed to be able to save the file by changing permissions and have copied and pasted the line above but keep getting an error when trying to process the file.

I have checked and rechecked but to no avail. Is it possible for someone to post the complete PS3 section of the devices ini file so I can check how it reads for a 0.2 second delay.

As a side note I have done some conversions to the Epson P2000 and the audio sync is perfect.

Here is my adjusted devices ini file

[PS3 16:9 (AVC/H264 FW >= 1.60)]
AllowNativeTVResolution=1
Manufacturer=Sony Playstation 3
ScreenRatio=16:9
Res1=320x240
Res2=640x480
ResAna1=320x180
ResAna2=640x360
ARate=48000
ABRate=128
Format=avi
moac=faac
movc=x264
mopts=-audio-preload 0.8 -delay 0.1 -faacopts br=%abrate%:mpeg=4:eek:bject=2 - 264encopts
vbrate%:level_idc=31:bframes=3:threads=0:frameref=2:nopsnr:nossim%PASS%
FileType=mp4
Quality=15
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=2500
AllowChapterFiles=0
MVolume=10
Remux=2642MP4
QualityFactor=130

and here is the resulting error

File 2 "C:\Program Files\SlySoft\CloneDVDmobile\apps\mencoder.exe" - -af volume=10 -aspect 16:9 -of avi -oac faac -ovc x264 -audio-preload 0.8 -delay 0.1 -faacopts br=128:mpeg=4:eek:bject=2 - 264encopts -vf scale=720:576,crop=720:576:0:0,harddup -info name="XMEN2_DISC1" -ofps 25 -o "C:\Users\Stephen\Desktop\Converted\New Install and hacked 720 no deinterlace.mp4" 109 TCE

Encoder output:

Cannot get Console handle of stdout
WARNING: OUTPUT FILE FORMAT IS _AVI_. See -of help.
Try appending the scale filter to your filter list,
e.g. -vf spp,scale instead of -vf spp.
x264 [error]: no ratecontrol method specified
x264_encoder_open failed.
FATAL: Cannot initialize video driver.

Any help on delaying the audio would be appreciated as I am pulling my hair out here. I feel very close to a solution but is just out of reach.

Thanks

Rex

Here is my adjusted devices ini file

Res1=320x240
Res2=640x480
ResAna1=320x180
ResAna2=640x360
ARate=48000
ABRate=128
Format=avi
moac=faac
movc=x264
mopts=-audio-preload 0.8 -delay 0.1 -faacopts br=%abrate%:mpeg=4:eek:bject=2 -x264encopts vbrate%:level_idc=31:bframes=3:threads=0:frameref=2:nopsnr:nossim%PASS%
FileType=mp4
Quality=15
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=2500
AllowChapterFiles=0
MVolume=10
Remux=2642MP4
QualityFactor=130

and here is the resulting error

File 2 "C:\Program Files\SlySoft\CloneDVDmobile\apps\mencoder.exe" - -af volume=10 -aspect 16:9 -of avi -oac faac -ovc x264 -audio-preload 0.8 -delay 0.1 -faacopts br=128:mpeg=4:eek:bject=2 - 264encopts -vf scale=720:576,crop=720:576:0:0,harddup -info name="XMEN2_DISC1" -ofps 25 -o "C:\Users\Stephen\Desktop\Converted\New Install and hacked 720 no deinterlace.mp4" 109 TCE

Encoder output:

Cannot get Console handle of stdout
WARNING: OUTPUT FILE FORMAT IS _AVI_. See -of help.
Try appending the scale filter to your filter list,
e.g. -vf spp,scale instead of -vf spp.
x264 [error]: no ratecontrol method specified
x264_encoder_open failed.
FATAL: Cannot initialize video driver.

Any help on delaying the audio would be appreciated as I am pulling my hair out here. I feel very close to a solution but is just out of reach.

Thanks

Rex
Your error is simply the result of cut and pasting without using code tags, which introduces erroneous spaces or smilies (check your post). Use this instead:
Code:
Res1=320x240
Res2=640x480
ResAna1=320x180
ResAna2=640x360
ARate=48000
ABRate=128
Format=avi
moac=faac
movc=x264
mopts=-audio-preload 0.8 -delay 0.1 -faacopts br=%abrate%:mpeg=4:object=2 -x264encopts bitrate=%vbrate%:level_idc=31:bframes=3:threads=0:frameref=2:nopsnr:nossim%PASS%
FileType=mp4
Quality=15
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=2500
AllowChapterFiles=0
MVolume=10
Remux=2642MP4
QualityFactor=130

You can change the delay (e.g. from 0.1 to 0.2) but you must NOT cut and paste from anything which is not in code tags.

Last edited:
Back