• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.2.3 beta

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
Please try this version:

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupVirtualCloneDrive5423.exe

Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.2.3: 2009 01 29
- New: Added option to keep history of last mounted files
- New: Added support for unicode filenames (Windows 2000/XP/Vista)
- New: Added support for UTF8 image names in .dvd files (Windows 2000/XP/Vista)
- New: Sets media type (DVD, BDR) by parsing the image, if no .dvd
file is used or the .dvd file doesn't contain a media type
- New: Added /b command switch to VCDMount.exe to browse for image
- New: Added /h command switch to VCDMount.exe to clear history
- New: Added support for Windows 7 (beta)
- New: Added daemon.exe tool so 3rd party applications written for
Daemon Tools can be used
- New: Added "Virtual Sheep" for 64bit OS
- Change: "Buffered I/O" setting in VCDPrefs is now in effect
for files mounted over the network (default is off)
- Fix (Windows 2000/XP/Vista): Some reliability fixes
- Fix: VCDPrefs could hang when clicking "OK"
- Updated languages
- Some minor changes and improvements

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

in case you are interested ... When Installing and then deinstalling right afterwards, the deinstallation takes forever (running for 20 minutes now and still not finished), it seems to be a problem with the driver at least the deinstall process says "Driver is being removed" (translated from german).

Have seen this behaviour on Vistax64 with the former beta version and on Windows7x32 with this beta.

Bye,
Alex

PS: Edit: Seems like this will never end so I will stop the deinstallation process. Maybe you could have a look at it. If it is not possible to uninstall right after an install, the deinstaller should probably say so ... thanks ! :)

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

in case you are interested ... When Installing and then deinstalling right afterwards, the deinstallation takes forever (running for 20 minutes now and still not finished), it seems to be a problem with the driver at least the deinstall process says "Driver is being removed" (translated from german).

Have seen this behaviour on Vistax64 with the former beta version and on Windows7x32 with this beta.

Bye,
Alex

PS: Edit: Seems like this will never end so I will stop the deinstallation process. Maybe you could have a look at it. If it is not possible to uninstall right after an install, the deinstaller should probably say so ... thanks ! :)

To get rid of this problem, try this:

1.) Delete Windows\System32\Drivers\VClone.sys
This must be done to get rid of the faulty driver, which will hang during uninstall or upgrade
2.) Reboot your machine
3.) Install Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.2.1 beta

Feedback is welcome. Thanks!

Hi James,

Q: If I have version 5.4.1.1 running already ... can I just install the 5.4.2.1 beta OR do I have to UNinstall the old version first!?!?

Thanks,

G!:)

Hi James,

Q: If I have version 5.4.1.1 running already ... can I just install the 5.4.2.1 beta OR do I have to UNinstall the old version first!?!?

Just install overtop the existing version. All Slysoft programs are designed to be installed in this manner. The only time I'm sometimes careful is with Game Jackal.

Hi Webslinger,

Thanks. btw, I am getting ready to work on my other problem right now!

To get rid of this problem, try this:

1.) Delete Windows\System32\Drivers\VClone.sys
This must be done to get rid of the faulty driver, which will hang during uninstall or upgrade
2.) Reboot your machine
3.) Install Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.2.1 beta

Hi James,

thanks, worked fine.

Crashes my PC when used for installing XP SP3 MSDN .iso on MS Virtual PC 2007 SP1

If I use optical drive it works fine.

Crashes my PC when used for installing XP SP3 MSDN .iso on MS Virtual PC 2007 SP1

VCD version? Are you running VCD inside Virtual PC?

The new setup is installing a storage Controller in the device manager.
Thats new for me.

So no more driver is installed?
Before that, a message popped up if I really want to install that driver, now a message pops up if I want to install the storage controller?

The new setup is installing a storage Controller in the device manager.
Thats new for me.

So no more driver is installed?
Before that, a message popped up if I really want to install that driver, now a message pops up if I want to install the storage controller?

I'm pretty sure it has installed as a storage controller for quite some time. A developer will have to reply on that one, however.

VCD version? Are you running VCD inside Virtual PC?

5.4.2.2 - that's why I'm in this thread. I haven't tried older version TBH.

To your other query - yes, and no. VCD inside Virtual PC appears to work without issues. I didn't want to talk about that. I was speaking about the installation process. First, you have to install the guest OS onto the Virtual PC and to do that you need to boot from the installation CD (in this case GRTMPVOL_EN.iso) and that process uses the host OS' VCD. And exactly after the virtual PC's "POST" it wants to boot from the .iso and crashes the machine. (not sure if it was a BSOD as I have automatic restart checked). If I burn that .iso and use my optical drive to boot from/install from it works fine.

My experience Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.2.2 beta

Hello.

I'm running Windows 7 Beta (Build 7000). I tried VCD 5.4.2.1 beta and had a few issues, but 5.4.2.2 seems to work 100% correctly for me.

That said, I have NOT been using hibernation (as I would normally) because of a problem with my mouse driver. So, I'm buying a new mouse with Vista certified drivers, hoping that will fix my issue. Once I have the new mouse, I will test VCD a bit more and report my experience.

Keep up the great work!

-JDS

VCD Beta 5422

Beta 5422 still causes problems/conflicts with my sound card, graphics, udf.

Cannot use & have good sound. Was hoping beta would solve.

Back to using Rocket Starport.

On the uninstall of Beta Virtual Clone 5422; after reboot; Winxp sp3 did a 'diskcheck'. Something in Clone uninstall triggered that... Disk check didn't report any problems which it had to correct...

BTW: Starport sees ISO's as 'data'. AnyDvdHd identifies as 'data'. So you have to watch out on updates for like PowerDvd. Original oem v powerdvd play fine, if update - than not.

Thanks for the efforts on V. Clone
Regards
DS

Beta 5422 still causes problems/conflicts with my sound card, graphics, udf.

Cannot use & have good sound. Was hoping beta would solve.
Sound, graphics, udf? Please elaborate. I have no idea what you're talking about.

System info:

Sorry James -

Please see:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=26223

Or: Sound Problems, Not Anydvd...

First I had video problems. Fixed that by updating graphics. Then sound was messed. Got it solved by removing Virtual Clone drive...

MB: ASUS P4S800D-E Deluxe
Graphics: ASUS HD 3650 Silent AGP
Ram: 4 gigs /184 pin DDR DIM SDRAM
SoundCard: SoundBlaster (Creative) X-Fi Extreme Audio
Chipset: SiS 655TX & SiS 964
Front Side Bus: 800 Mhz
CPU: Pentium 4 /3.4Ghz with 'hyper-threading technology'
Raid Support - but Sata is only at: 150mbs
2 Sata 180gig Hard Drives Raid connected - (OS installed here)
1 LG GSA-H10L DVD drive/burner (never worked great...)
1 (brand new) LG GGW-H20L (firmware updated to: L05)
USB Kensington Optical Trackball
1 MicroSoft PS/2 Keyboard
Monitor: BENQ FP731 (small lcd analog)

DS

Hi folks,

Q1: Does "Virtual CloneDrive (VCD)" starts automatically at Windows Start-Up in the backgrond!?!?

Q2: Is "VCDDaemon.exe.32" part of VCD!?!?

Q3: How can I stop SlySoft VCD of Auto-Starting if the answer to my Q1 & Q2 is yes?

The reason I am asking to do #3 is because I am wondering if that is what is causing my AnyDVD ... "ADvdDiscHlp64.exe" crashes.

Thanks,

Hi folks,

Q1: Does "Virtual CloneDrive (VCD)" starts automatically at Windows Start-Up in the backgrond!?!?

Q2: Is "VCDDaemon.exe.32" part of VCD!?!?
Yes and yes.

Q3: How can I stop SlySoft VCD of Auto-Starting if the answer to my Q1 & Q2 is yes?

The reason I am asking to do #3 is because I am wondering if that is what is causing my AnyDVD ... "ADvdDiscHlp64.exe" crashes.
You don't. And it isn't causing "ADvdDiscHlp64.exe" to crash. Just delete "ADvdDiscHlp64.exe".

Nice work...

Am I allowed a couple of requests ? When you double click on an ISO, it mounts the image. This is fine if you have 1 drive enabled. But, in other cases; I'd like to see:

If you have all drives disabled, a popup asking should 1 drive be enabled and then mounted.

If you have more than 1 drive enabled, I'd like to have the image mounted on the next free virtual drive (otherwised be asked where - including adding a new drive as an option)

Back