• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

mamalu5@comcast.net--Unhappy Answers to questions about my probs with AnyDVD

Webslinger

Retired Moderator
mamalu5@comcast.net said:
Unhappy Answers to questions about my probs with AnyDVD
1. I'm trying to download the latest upgrade of AnyDVD 6.1.3.0
2. I don't know what you mean by a packet program.
3. I have DVD X Platinum v 50013
DVD Shrink v 3.2
4. Not experiencing issues with disc. Can't get the download to work.
5. Operating Sytem Windows XP SP2
Reader is Sony CDRWDVD CRX310EE
Writer id Plextor DVDr FX-760A
6. I use Memorex DVD-R.
7. Don't remember the speed and I'm not really sure it's applicable to the problems I am having with AnyDVD as the problems is not recording as I can't get that far.
8. I have no red fox in my icon tray. It never is there when I try a download of the upgrade and installation.
9. The first message I get is from AnyDVD saying I don't have a DVD. It's not installed. It's installed incorrectly. The message comes and goes so quickly that I can't remember all of it. Also, I just redownloaded and installed it so I could get the message. I didn't reboot but the message didn't come up this time. It probably will come up if and when I restart the computer as that's when it usually comes up.However, the one from McAfee came up. It told me to scan as the file(s) were corrupted and then reinstall the program. Several scans including one from McAfee's website have showed nothing. I have talked to two techs at McAfee and one said I have a virus. If I do, McAfee isn't finding it. I also installed the controller recommended and the problem remains. And yes, I did restart my computer after installing the controller.
10. Although I haven't tested it in about a month, the speed on my connection is pretty good.

1. It's imperative that if you do have a virus you remove it.

2. You do need to download from http://www.slysoft.com/download.html
and reboot when asked

When moving your posts to this forum, I accidentally deleted my posts and yours, but I managed to salvage the quoted part, which should be sufficient for troubleshooting purposes. My apologies . . .

Last edited:
I would suggest.......Get rid of McAfee and try AVG Free. If you have a Virus, AVG will find it. Try another DVD burning software and stay away from any burning software that has an X in it.

mcAfee does not find a virus. One of the techs just told me I probably had a virus. It has never found one so how can I get rid of one? Also, the only reason I didn't reboot when I was answering your question was because I only wanted to get the message from AnyDVD so I could tell you what it said. Of course McAfee said they don't do anything about 3 party download. I'm beginning to think I will never have my program back in working order. Have never had problems downloading anything from SlySoft before. It's very discouraging.

Dvd X

I would suggest.......Get rid of McAfee and try AVG Free. If you have a Virus, AVG will find it. Try another DVD burning software and stay away from any burning software that has an X in it.

I only use it if I have a problem with CloneDVD2 - which is rare.
What is AVG and how do I find it? Thanks for the suggestion.

Avg

Check out this link and you can read all about it and download it there. Basically its just a great Anti virus program.

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/avg-anti-virus-free/lng/us/tpl/v5

I uninstalled McFee and installed AVG and did a scan. It didn't find anything. When I reinstalled AnyDvd and rebooted, an error message - this time from ANyDVD - came up and told me to run a scan in reinstall the program. I don't think there is any help for me. I've scanned and reinstalled so many times I'm dizzy. All with the same results.
Thanks for the suggestion.

1. It's imperative that if you do have a virus you remove it.

2. You do need to download from http://www.slysoft.com/download.html
and reboot when asked
I scanned with AVG after uninstalling McAfee and it did not find a virus. However, a message from AnyDVD came up this time saying file(s) were corrupt and to run a scan (which I had just done) and reinstall AnyDVD. When moving your posts to this forum, I accidentally deleted my posts and yours, but I managed to salvage the quoted part, which should be sufficient for troubleshooting purposes. My apologies . . .
I've done everything recommended and nothing works. I really want AnyDVD and now I can't even use an old version as after the corrupted file message comes up, the whole program is shut down an removed except for the exe file. Do you think the part of Shrink DVD that is a folder called Classic_0.91.7 and/or the DVD Decrypter that I downloaded a couple of days ago would have anything to do with? The problem is, I downloaded and installed them after I couldn't install the latest AnyDVD version. I'm wearing out.

Last edited:
I've done everything recommended and nothing works. I really want AnyDVD and now I can't even use an old version as after the corrupted file message comes up, the whole program is shut down an removed except for the exe file. Do you think the part of Shrink DVD that is a folder called Classic_0.91.7 and/or the DVD Decrypter that I downloaded a couple of days ago would have anything to do with? The problem is, I downloaded and installed them after I couldn't install the latest AnyDVD version. I'm wearing out.

If you have a virus on your system, anything is possible.

To uninstall Anydvd click start-->all programs--slysoft--Anydvd-->uninstall

The download the file from http://www.slysoft.com/download.html

Run the file. Reboot.

After rebooting if you get an error message, I would like to read the full error message please.

This sounds like the same problem many people have, and since there is no true uninstall and no "official" AnyDvd cleaner program you are pretty much hosed. Sounds like you don't have a virus, and there is nothing wrong with McAfee, I use the corp version on all my machines and never have a problem. There is another thread on this exact thing that is about 8 pages worth and still no help to that person there. Bout the only option I have seen since there is no true remover is to format your system and start over, which, IMHO, is not an option. :disagree:

Rebooting after installing AnyDVD

First, a message comes up from AnyDVD and says:
1. You don't have a DVD drive. Buy one. (I do)
2. You haven't rebooted after installation. (I have)
3. External DVD is not powered or properly connected. (It has always worked and still does with CloneDVD2 and DVD X Platinum - which I rarely use.) All tests show both DVD drives are working. Have used them w/o AnyDVD.
4. There is a problem initializing AnyDVD. Uninstall. Reboot. Install. Reboot. (Believe me this does not work)
Then an another error message comes up from AnyDVD 6.1.3.0 saying "the file(s) is corrupted. Run scan and reinstall." I must tell you that I unstalled McAfee because I was sure they were the culprit but after installing AVG and still getting the scan message and finding no problems after the scan, I'm totally in a daze.
I did reinstall the original controllers as installing the Standard Dual whatever (can't read my writing for the last word) didn't seem to help.
I'd still like to know if choosing not to save the register information when uninstalling AnyDvd - which I have done a minimum of 10 times as well as the same amount of scans - would make a difference.

I'd still like to know if choosing not to save the register information when uninstalling AnyDvd - which I have done a minimum of 10 times as well as the same amount of scans - would make a difference.

No, that shouldn't matter

Oh no, as CloneDVD2 says

This sounds like the same problem many people have, and since there is no true uninstall and no "official" AnyDvd cleaner program you are pretty much hosed. Sounds like you don't have a virus, and there is nothing wrong with McAfee, I use the corp version on all my machines and never have a problem. There is another thread on this exact thing that is about 8 pages worth and still no help to that person there. Bout the only option I have seen since there is no true remover is to format your system and start over, which, IMHO, is not an option. :disagree:

I was started to believe there was no solution even before I read your post.
I really like that program and have downloaded so many times with no problems. Thanks for your input, Waxman. Hope it doesn't get too big.

First, a message comes up from AnyDVD and says:
1. You don't have a DVD drive. Buy one. (I do)
2. You haven't rebooted after installation. (I have)
3. External DVD is not powered or properly connected. (It has always worked and still does with CloneDVD2 and DVD X Platinum - which I rarely use.) All tests show both DVD drives are working. Have used them w/o AnyDVD.
4. There is a problem initializing AnyDVD. Uninstall. Reboot. Install. Reboot. (Believe me this does not work)

This can be expected if you don't reboot. You can pretty much ignore that screen (it's not useful for troubleshooting your issue).

Then an another error message comes up from AnyDVD 6.1.3.0 saying "the file(s) is corrupted. Run scan and reinstall."

You get this message after you reboot, correct?

If you have a virus on your system, anything is possible.

To uninstall Anydvd click start-->all programs--slysoft--Anydvd-->uninstall

The download the file from http://www.slysoft.com/download.html

Run the file. Reboot.

After rebooting if you get an error message, I would like to read the full error message please.

I did send the message that I got from AnyDVD. I see it right below your message. If I'm replying in the wrong place, please excuse. I'm still pretty green in figuring out how to use this forum.

I did send the message that I got from AnyDVD. I see it right below your message. If I'm replying in the wrong place, please excuse. I'm still pretty green in figuring out how to use this forum.

Right. Did you uninstall Anydvd by using
start-->all programs--slysoft--Anydvd-->uninstall
?

This can be expected if you don't reboot. You can pretty much ignore that screen (it's not useful for troubleshooting your issue).

You get this message after you reboot, correct?

No! I get both messages after rebooting. Some times the one about the DVd driver sneaks in and disappears but it comes back after rebooting.

Back