• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problems Downloading New Version Of AnyDVD

Ralphie

Hi, I have download the new version of anydvd and after I install it the slysoft icon does not appear just a small window like icon, when I click on it a black window appears that quickly closes. There have been no changes to my computer and this is the first time I have had a problem with this software. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

I feel REALLY dumb having to constantly ask what I'm doing wrong when trying to download new updates. This time I cleared my IE cache, I deleted the old AnyDvd program (6025), I rebooted my computer, I downloaded the new update and when I go to run it, it tells me I'm installing 6025 again. I install the program anyway, reboot my computer, and then I get the link telling me a newer version of AnyDvd is available. Is there some sort of step-by-step method AnyDvd users follow who don't have these reoccurring problems like I do?

I feel REALLY dumb having to constantly ask what I'm doing wrong when trying to download new updates. This time I cleared my IE cache, I deleted the old AnyDvd program (6025), I rebooted my computer, I downloaded the new update and when I go to run it, it tells me I'm installing 6025 again. I install the program anyway, reboot my computer, and then I get the link telling me a newer version of AnyDvd is available. Is there some sort of step-by-step method AnyDvd users follow who don't have these reoccurring problems like I do?

Does your ISP make you used a cached proxy server? If so, use a direct connection instead.

Thanks for the quick respose, I tried downloading again re-installing and clearing a couple of times I'm still getting the same result. Any other suggestions?

To be honest, I don't understand your question or how I would go about using a "direct connection". :confused:

I "believe" he means to go directly to the website from your browser. Open your browser and go to the Slysoft site and do the download.

And while your at it, stop using IE and download FireFox. Or at least give Opera a whirl. IE blows big time:D

I "believe" he means to go directly to the website from your browser. Open your browser and go to the Slysoft site and do the download.

Thanks. I normally use the AOL browser but this time I used the Internet Explorer browser, went directly to the SlySoft site and attempted to download 6130. It appears to be working! :clap:

I downloaded the new version using internet explorer and it worked, Thanks for the help.

Browser

I like to use Firefox myself and make sure that I keep the "remember visited pages" to 0 so it will always reload. IE should have a similar option. Those with dial-up may not like that option, but for DSL or cable connections it is no problem. I have not had a problem with downloads by having the browser clear itself as it shuts down.

To be honest, I don't understand your question or how I would go about using a "direct connection". :confused:

An ISP I know offered a proxy server to its customer base that promised faster speeds. This server kept cached data of popular websites stored on it, and the server was only updated maybe once a day. The server location was closer to its customer base than the other websites (not very many hops away), so the download speeds were, indeed, faster; however, due to the cached server only being updated infrequently, some information was outdated (depending on whether the site you chose to visit had been updated recently).

Therefore, if you use a proxy that connects to a server that acts as a cache (in the manner I described above), connect directly to the internet instead of using a proxy.

Anyway, it appears that you solved your issue.

Last edited:
Thanks. I normally use the AOL browser but this time I used the Internet Explorer browser, went directly to the SlySoft site and attempted to download 6130. It appears to be working! :clap:

I think we can all see the problem here, it starts with A and ends with L. People still use them???? WOW!!!! :disagree:

AOL is known to have a large browser cache to aid in the appearance of "speed". IE at default will "check for newer versions of stored pages" every visit to the page. That doesn't mean it'll re-load the whole page from scratch, but it checks to see what changed. I've never had a problem downloading AnyDVD updates with the IE browser at defaults.

-W

Uninstalling AnyDVD

re-download anydvd. reinstall it over itself.
When uninstalling AnyDVD to start the whole process over again to get the upgrade installed, should I click yes on keeping the registration information? That's what I have been doing and wondered it I should delete everything. I have all the information stored elsewhere. I have got to find a way to get this program back.

When uninstalling AnyDVD to start the whole process over again to get the upgrade installed, should I click yes on keeping the registration information? That's what I have been doing and wondered it I should delete everything. I have all the information stored elsewhere. I have got to find a way to get this program back.

If you don't want to install your license key again, then keep your information. Keeping registration information has no bearing on your issue.

Back