• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD Rebuilder questions (was Compressing with CloneDVD or DVD Shrink)

bryanbeagle

I'm a novice at backing up dvd's. Quick question: Would using clonedvd to convert to .iso (dvd5) be the same as using clonedvd to covert to ts folder (dvd9) and then using dvd shrink (maximum sharpness compression) to convert it to .iso? I noticed Clone does not give you a quality option.

Does shrink's maximum sharpness really make a big difference in quality?
Or does clonedvd do the basically the same, but all in one step?

Thanks for all your help, if i could do away with 'shrink' that would be great. But, if that sharpness function really helps the quality, then maybe not.

Would using clonedvd to convert to .iso (dvd5) be the same as using clonedvd to covert to ts folder (dvd9) and then using dvd shrink (maximum sharpness compression) to convert it to .iso? I noticed Clone does not give you a quality option.

Bryanbeagle , welcome to forum. Your question has nothing to do with ANydvdHD, so it belongs in different form. Two possibilities are third party or clone dvd form. As for your question.

No, whenever you compress dvd it is not the same. As for the quality clone dvd doesn’t produce very high quality compare to shrink. But if you are using clone dvd to pre process dvd. Then in that case you might just use anydvd function rip to harddrive. And import directly to shrink.

I'm a novice at backing up dvd's. Quick question: Would using clonedvd to convert to .iso (dvd5) be the same as using clonedvd to covert to ts folder (dvd9) and then using dvd shrink (maximum sharpness compression) to convert it to .iso? I noticed Clone does not give you a quality option.

I don't know why you'd want to compress to dvd-5 unless you were burning, but if that's what you want, you'd be much better off using Clonedvd to rip files to your hard drive, uncompressed (select "dvd-9" near the quality bar) and using DVD Rebuilder (google it) instead of Shrink.

Thanks for all your help, if i could do away with 'shrink'

You should.

Last edited:
Now we are talking DVD Rebuilder and Cinema Craft Encoder with 4 pass can't be beaten in quality.

Tip
For long movies more than 2 hours (Canopus pro coder) By grass valley
For genral movies Cinema Craft Encoder
For Animation HC Encoder

thanks for all your help...will the freeware version of dvd rebuilder compress it...or do i need the full version to make things happen

thanks for all your help...will the freeware version of dvd rebuilder compress it...or do i need the full version to make things happen

Freeware version of dvd rebuilder will do compression. But remove what you don't want in Clonedvd, and rip first using Clonedvd (select "dvd+/-r DL" near the quality bar in Clonedvd). Dvd Rebuilder comes with the freeware HC encoder. Just use that to encode.

Webslinger,
After you use rebuilder (step one) to process, (step 2) you open HC encoder and press "encode" on rebuilder (took me a while to figure that out) and then for step 3, would all you need to do is press "rebuild" on the rebuilder??? Are there any other program that i need to buy or install for the rebuilding step???...or will the rebuilder finish the process???...where will the end result end up, in the working or the output folder???....what type of files will dvd rebuilder produce???

Thanks for all your info

Webslinger,
After you use rebuilder (step one) to process, (step 2) you open HC encoder and press "encode" on rebuilder (took me a while to figure that out) and then for step 3, would all you need to do is press "rebuild" on the rebuilder??? Are there any other program that i need to buy or install for the rebuilding step???

Not really

what type of files will dvd rebuilder produce

dvd-video standard files

Other questions concerning dvd rebuilder should be directed to their forums:
http://dvd-rb.dvd2go.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=1

Last edited:
I dont know anything about dvdnextcopy???..which version of dvdnextcopy is this??? standard???....does the sandard version compress from dvd9-dvd5???...im trying to find a way to compress without the use of shrink...shrinks quality just isnt that great... rebuilders ok, kinda hard of use, but it wont backup discs with angles...i keep getting a angle/interleaving prompt...suggestions???

but it wont backup discs with angles..

Dvd Rebuilder Pro does. You do need to pay for the Pro version. And trust me on this one: you're not going to get better PQ from dvdnextcopy than with HC encoder, CCE, or Procoder (with dvd rebuilder). If you want to remove angles, you can use Clonedvd mobile with .vob passthrough--and then you can use the freeware version of DVD Rebuilder if you want.

Again, questions concerning dvd rebuilder should be directed to their forums:
http://dvd-rb.dvd2go.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=1

Last edited:
webslinger
that dvdrb forum isnt really active...no one even answers replies...any suggestions....thanks

I dont know anything about dvdnextcopy???..which version of dvdnextcopy is this??? standard???....does the sandard version compress from dvd9-dvd5???...im trying to find a way to compress without the use of shrink...shrinks quality just isnt that great... rebuilders ok, kinda hard of use, but it wont backup discs with angles...i keep getting a angle/interleaving prompt...suggestions???

If your burns with Shrink aren't"quality" perhaps you have some other issues. I use Shrink and ReCode and my quality is excellent.
next copy is a very over priced software but I think it does have a very limited trial if you want to try it.

dvd rebuilder/ccd basic

alright thanks to webslinger whose been helping me...i need more help, ive gone through alot of resources but no one seems to be able to help me....so im coming back to this forum...
ive tried rebuilder with hc encoder...great, but takes too long....so i bought cce basic...i havent changed any settings or anything....ive uninstalled and reloaded the programs (both rebuilder and cce basic) to try to solve this problem....i keep getting this message for the encoding part:
Creating M2V for VTS_02 segment 36
-- V02003600020002 empty .M2V, retrying.
and this message for the rebuilding section:
- Rebuilding seg 0 VOBID 1 CELLID 1
- Possible dropped frame(s) [ 553 ] noted in this segment, continuing.

end result is a backup that all messed up
please help, are there any settings that im not enabling or that i need to disable
also,
[12:52:16] PREPARE/ENCODE/REBUILD completed in 51 min., that seems alittle short, right???!!!!

HELP!

Hi folks,

@ Bryan ... why do you need to use "Maximum Sharpness" in Shrink!!!

If you are not Shrinking to less than 80% ... even 75% ... I don't think you can tell the difference on a regular TV.

Best thing to do is to use Shrink to chop up a 100MB (or so) clip that has a lot of Details ... close-up of faces and so forth and then Test for yourself with Different Shrink's Settings ... then decide what looks good to you.

... I use Shrink and ReCode and my quality is excellent. ...

@ OldJoe,

Q1: When & Why do you swap between Shrink & ReCode!?!?

Q2: What OS do you have?

Thanks,

G!:)

Last edited:
Best thing to do is to use Shrink to chop up a 100MB (or so) clip that has a lot of Details ... close-up of faces and so forth and then Test for yourself with Different Shrink's Settings ... then decide what looks good to you.

The best thing to do is to drop Shrink because both HC encoder and CCE walk all over it.

alright thanks to webslinger whose been helping me...i need more help, ive gone through alot of resources but no one seems to be able to help me....so im coming back to this forum...
ive tried rebuilder with hc encoder...great, but takes too long....so i bought cce basic...i havent changed any settings or anything....ive uninstalled and reloaded the programs (both rebuilder and cce basic) to try to solve this problem....i keep getting this message for the encoding part:
Creating M2V for VTS_02 segment 36
-- V02003600020002 empty .M2V, retrying.
and this message for the rebuilding section:
- Rebuilding seg 0 VOBID 1 CELLID 1
- Possible dropped frame(s) [ 553 ] noted in this segment, continuing.

end result is a backup that all messed up
please help, are there any settings that im not enabling or that i need to disable
also,
[12:52:16] PREPARE/ENCODE/REBUILD completed in 51 min., that seems alittle short, right???!!!!

HELP!

The Slysoft forums are really not the place to be troubleshooting this stuff. I'm really sorry, but between Anydvd, Clonedvd, Anydvd HD, Clonecd, and Game Jackal (in addition to all the moderation issues), I'm run ragged as it is. And I don't use CCE.

Drinklyeanddie uses CCE. He may be able to give you some pointers, but otherwise I would try posting at the link Carlonia Mike offered.

Last edited:
The Slysoft forums are really not the place to be troubleshooting this stuff. I'm really sorry, but between Anydvd, Clonedvd, Anydvd HD, Clonecd, and Game Jackal (in addition to all the moderation issues), I'm run ragged as it is.

Drinklyeanddie uses CCE. He may be able to give you some pointers, but otherwise I would try posting at the link Carlonia Mike offered.

I've never encountered a message like that when using DVD Rebuilder. I really don't know what to say about it.

I'd really recommend that bryanbeagle try posting about that in the DVD Rebuilder forums where I am sure they've seen and heard all the different error messages that can appear.

Back