• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

NERO 7 ultra

kyrunner

I have nero 7 ultra edition.and im assuming it plays hd dvd and blue ray right .when I go to play a hd dvd movie I riped with any dvd this it what it says.missing features hd dvd video nero 7 ultra edition can not perform the requested action as this functionality is currently not supported by nero?Is their some kind of download that I need.

:disagree:
I have nero 7 ultra edition.and im assuming it plays hd dvd and blue ray right .when I go to play a hd dvd movie I riped with any dvd this it what it says.missing features hd dvd video nero 7 ultra edition can not perform the requested action as this functionality is currently not supported by nero?Is their some kind of download that I need.
I don't think I would be assuming that. But you may be right, I just don't remember reading this in any changelogs.
I have nero 7 ultra edition.and im assuming it plays hd dvd and blue ray right

:disagree:
I don't think I would be assuming that. But you may be right, I just don't remember reading this in any changelogs.

is their a difference between Nero ultra and Nero ultra enhanced.

is their a difference between Nero ultra and Nero ultra enhanced.

I originally purchased Nero 7 Ultra, but since the last update, it became Nero 7 Ultra Enhanced. So, if you have the latest version of Nero 7 Ultra, it's Nero 7 Ultra Enhanced.

I originally purchased Nero 7 Ultra, but since the last update, it became Nero 7 Ultra Enhanced. So, if you have the latest version of Nero 7 Ultra, it's Nero 7 Ultra Enhanced.
well when i go to license it says Nero 7 ultra edition.do I need to download it again because it wont let me play my hd dvd video files

Yes, Nero Ultra 7 == Nero Ultra 7 Enhanced. I can't remember when they did it but it reminds me of when they used the Reloaded name for the product.

My understanding is that Nero Burning ROM can handle HD-DVD and BR but Nero ShowTime cannot.

I'm purely speculating but I don't think they have to purchase a license to author unprotected HD-DVD or BR content using their burning software but they most definitely would have to purchase a license from the AACS LA to view protected content, no? They are saving money by not purchasing a license which makes me wonder if they're waiting to see which horse wins the race. Or possibly they're just taking longer to release a player that works but then again... do WinDVD and PowerDVD really work on HD content, yet? :p

Yes, Nero Ultra 7 == Nero Ultra 7 Enhanced. I can't remember when they did it but it reminds me of when they used the Reloaded name for the product.

My understanding is that Nero Burning ROM can handle HD-DVD and BR but Nero ShowTime cannot.

I'm purely speculating but I don't think they have to purchase a license to author unprotected HD-DVD or BR content using their burning software but they most definitely would have to purchase a license from the AACS LA to view protected content, no? They are saving money by not purchasing a license which makes me wonder if they're waiting to see which horse wins the race. Or possibly they're just taking longer to release a player that works but then again... do WinDVD and PowerDVD really work on HD content, yet? :p
well Nero show time can not play hd dvd.I have tried everything

Well this is the e-mail response from them on the subject:

Dear valued customer,

thank you for your email and your interest in our software.

1. & 2.) Playback of HD DVD and BD movies will be possible with Nero ShowTime in one of the upcoming versions of Nero 7.5. Unfortunately we currently don't have any information as of when exactly this feature will be included.

3. & 4.) Burning of data HD DVDs and BDs is possible with the current version of Nero 7.

5. & 6.) The functionality to create and burn HD DVD and BD movies in high resolution will be added to Nero at a later date. We curently have no information about if this will be added to Nero 7.5 or only to a later version of Nero.

Should you have any other request, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards

So it looks as if they are working HD DVD and BD playback but they are not killing themselves in the process.

I almost thought this was it for a second but no,….its not:

HDTV AVC
http://www.nero.com/nerodigital/eng/index.html

Nero Showtime

I think that Nero Showtime is just a repackaged version of PowerDVD. An HD version of Nero Showtime probably won't be available until sales of PowerDVD Ultra begin to drop off and more people have PCs capable of playing HD titles.

Last edited:
I think that Nero Showtime is just a repackaged version of PowerDVD. An HD version of Nero Showtime probably won't be available until sales of PowerDVD Ultra begin to drop off and more people have PCs capable of playing HD titles.

If Nero Showtime is just a repackaged version of PowerDVD which licenses Cyberlink software, using the "Microsoft Windows XP Decoder Checkup Utility" should show it's link to Cyberlink software.

If I recall correctly the ATI decoder is really a licensed Cyberlink decoder and the "Microsoft Windows XP Decoder Checkup Utility" recognizes it as such. Installation of both Cyberlink PowerDVD and the ATI decoder shows a double entry of the Cyberlink decoder.

On my test system the latest installed Cyberlink decoder is reported as being WMP10 and MCE compliant. Whereas the Nero 7.7.5.1 install has a reported “Nero Video Decoder 2.2.23.9” which is not WMP10 compliant but is MCE compliant and a “Nero DVD Decoder (nevideo)” 2.2.23.9” which isn’t WMP10 or MCE compliant.

Personally, I think Nero is off on their own little tangent with respect to their software or at the very least they don’t use the Cyberlink decoder. They also don’t have HD DVD or BD playback software capabilities yet, which is most unfortunate,....:(

Back