• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How can I get back to 6.1.2.3

maddogvic

I just updated to the new ver 6.1.3.0 and now it doesn't seem to work for me as good as 6.1.2.3.
Is there anyway to get back???
thanks in advance

Would you like to explain what about 6.1.3.0 that does not work for you?

6.1.3.0 contained a bug fix, so rolling back wouldn't make a lot of sense.

What do you mean "as good"? It either works or doesn't... Which is it?

What do you mean "as good"? It either works or doesn't... Which is it?

here's whats going on,..I have both dvdclone2(paid for) and shrink,..sometimes I like to use shrink but ever since I installed 6.1.3 now I get default error's in shrink " can't copy,..encrypted,...copy protection and so forth,..but it works fine in clone2, dosen't say anything about being copy protected.
before you tell me it's the movie that has the latest protection,..I tried a movie that I had already done using shrink(Any Given Sunday),..and now it won't.
could the new anydvd version put something somewhere that glitches my shrink????

here's whats going on,..I have both dvdclone2(paid for) and shrink,..sometimes I like to use shrink but ever since I installed 6.1.3 now I get default error's in shrink " can't copy,..encrypted,...copy protection and so forth,..but it works fine in clone2, dosen't say anything about being copy protected.
before you tell me it's the movie that has the latest protection,..I tried a movie that I had already done using shrink(Any Given Sunday),..and now it won't.
could the new anydvd version put something somewhere that glitches my shrink????
Please check the "Safe Mode" setting in AnyDVD and flip its state.
(Disabled should work fine)

Is it just me?

Is it just me, or what? It seems to me that most all of the posts where people are having "problems" with a movie & AnyDVD, they're using DVD Shrink, a long outdated program. As for myself, I used it long ago, but finally wised up & bought CloneDVD 2. Haven't had a movie I couldn't backup since. With ease & High Quality! Slysoft Products work ! And, are still updated regularly! :agree:

It's just you waving the purple pom-poms mostly - ya. :D :D

Purchasers of AnyDVd have a right to ask that it work with whatever copy program they use. Doesn't mean it'll always happen, but they have a right to *ask*. But you get another gold star for the cheerleader post.

AnyDVD 6.1.2.3 and AnyDVD 6.1.3.0 both default to "safe mode off" when installed. I'd be interested in seeing Maddogvic do a couple A-B comparisons with both versions of AnyDVD to try to duplicate the problem he thinks he's seeing. I think you can just install one over the other both ways.

-W

What's the full error message say?

I am getting a similar problem. I am running both AnyDVD and CloneDVD.I am running the trial versions. I also have DVD Shrink. i get the same error message on shrink and clone dvd the error message is:
failed to read drive (Dvd Drive) Copy Protection Error. The read failed because the sector is encypted.
anydvd v 6.1.3.0
Clone DVD 2.9.0.3

If I exit AnyDVD and open up shrink and let shrink remove the encryption it works fine. But not on all of my DVD's. Most of the newer discs shrink can't back them up. This is why I am trying AnyDVD.

Trials work the same as full versions from what i have read.

@ graymadder,

Welcome to the Forum.

Perchance did you read this posting thread in its entirety most specifically posting #7 by Forum Member James (SlySoft Team Member) ?

Regards,
Coaster

I did read the post. And yes I did enable safe mode as well as disable UAC. In fact I have two desktops running Vista and the exact same error occurs on both boxes.

1.) Done
2.)Done
3.)AnyDvD v6.1.3.0 Alcohol 120 version 1.9.6 Build 4719 Nero 7.7.5.1. Virtual Drive is off.
4.) Skulls region 1 not sure of the release date. This problem occurs not matter what DVD it is.
5.)Lite-On DVDRW LH-18A1P Firmware GL0F. Vista Ultimate
6.) N/A because i am not even burning the ISO's because i can't create them.
7.) N/A
8.)Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.3.0)
LITE-ON DVDRW LH-18A1P GL0F 2006/11/21 11:17
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2031136 sectors (3967 MBytes)
Total size: 4018350 sectors (7848 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: SKULLS
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

9.) Error message is: DVD Shrink/CloneDVD failed to read file E:\ (Optical Drive Letter).
Copy Protection Error - The read failed because the sector is encrypted. The same error on all of my DVD's that I tried. At this time more than 20 Discs.

ohhh . . .

I've read about some people having problems with the newer Lite-on drives and Anydvd. I'm not sure if this is a firmware issue, and I don't own this drive. Maybe others will have some thoughts on this matter.

visit http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=208522
Thanks Webslinger,
That was the problem,..I just put in a new Lite-On LH-20A1H 20x's LS.
It never accurred to me that it wouldn't work with AnyDVD & Shrink,..since it worked with AnyDVD & Clone2 " STRANGE Hmmm".

I tried Any given sunday using Any DVD & Shrink same error copyprotected, so then I tried it not using AnyDVD just Shrink,..worked.
I just tested the drive theory on 3 movies that would not work yesterday but this time I used my "BenQ DW1655" and AnyDVD & Shrink worked perfect,..no problems.

This doen't make sence????

ohhh . . .

I've read about some people having problems with the newer Lite-on drives and Anydvd. I'm not sure if this is a firmware issue, and I don't own this drive. Maybe others will have some thoughts on this matter.

visit http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=208522

I have another DVD Drive that i can test. thanks for the advice. I will post my findings.

thanks again for the fast response.

I just tested the drive theory on 3 movies that would not work yesterday but this time I used my "BenQ DW1655" and AnyDVD & Shrink worked perfect,..no problems.

This doen't make sence????

Some weird Lite-on firmware issue, I think . . .

Sorry, I can't be more helpful. :( I don't own the newer Lite-on drives.

But if your problem is specific to using Anydvd with Shrink, then please read http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=885 fully

Last edited:
Back