• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

convert files for playback on 360?

moosebump

I have been backing up my DVDs to HDD and then converting them to WMV (using DVD-WMV) so that they can be played back on my Xbox 360. However, I now have the 360 HD drive and I'm wondering if I can do the same thing with HD DVDs.

So can I rip the HD DVDs to my hard drive and then convert them to a format the Xbox 360 will recognize (like WMV) with out any loss of quality?
What format are the resulting files from AnyDVD HD?

If not I guess I'll have to keep getting off my ass and actually putting the discs in the 360 HD player... but it would be cool to have them backed up and accessible through the 360 via my network.

I have been backing up my DVDs to HDD and then converting them to WMV (using DVD-WMV) so that they can be played back on my Xbox 360. However, I now have the 360 HD drive and I'm wondering if I can do the same thing with HD DVDs.

So can I rip the HD DVDs to my hard drive and then convert them to a format the Xbox 360 will recognize (like WMV) with out any loss of quality?
What format are the resulting files from AnyDVD HD?

If not I guess I'll have to keep getting off my ass and actually putting the discs in the 360 HD player... but it would be cool to have them backed up and accessible through the 360 via my network.
AnyDVD-HD can rip the HD-DVDs, but I am unsure about converting them, especially without losing quality. It seems to me if you go from High-Definition to a lower standard you would lose quality.

Which program are you guys using to rip HD/Blu-Ray DVDs? I have AnyDVD-HD, but isn't that just a decryptor? TIA!

AnyDVD-HD can rip the HD-DVDs, but I am unsure about converting them, especially without losing quality. It seems to me if you go from High-Definition to a lower standard you would lose quality.

Back