• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What DVD-R Media Do You Use

Rodster

Hi all

Just wondering what peoples preferences are on DVD Media.

My primary media is TDK DVD-R - never had one fail yet and even though they are rated up to 16x, i only use 8x burn speed. These are mostly Made in Taiwan now, use to be Japan.

Some movies due to quality do required DVD-R DL and as far as I know only Verbatim make these and they are Made in Singapore.

Rodney

for DL disc's, i would go for verbatim +R DL

i've mostly TY & verbatim TY disc's, it's about half & half for +, and some panasonic - & fuji + TY & 50 MCC004 ;)

Last edited:
for DL disc's, i would go for verbatim +R DL

i've mostly TY & verbatim TY disc's, it's about half & half for +, and some panasonic & fuji TY ;)

Hi

Im surprised that after all the time DL burners have been around that no one else except for Verbatim make DVD +R DL discs, weird. Increases their market share.

Rodney

no, lots of other manufacturers make +R DL, but verbatim are the best for quality back ups and probably won't fail

Taiyo Yuden :bowdown: and Verbatim on occasion. I've found that most anything else doesn't even compare.

I use Verbatim for all SL & DL needs. Generally I will burn at max speed for all projects.

:bowdown: WE'RE NOT WORTHY:bowdown:
:D SLYSOFT:D

Verbatim DVD+R 8X. They are very reliable.
I agree, the media Code for these discs are MCC003 and they are becoming hard to find in the USA, in Europe I beleive Verbatim uses Taiyo Yuden to outsource their disc for manufactoring. These would be Yuden000_T02-000, either way a great disc.:clap:

I agree, the media Code for these discs are MCC003 and they are becoming hard to find in the USA, in Europe I beleive Verbatim uses Taiyo Yuden to outsource their disc for manufactoring. These would be Yuden000_T02-000, either way a great disc.:clap:

I got 6 cases of 100 , from an Ebay auction , for a lil less than a hundred bucks when I first started burned and two and a half years later I still have about 300 left. Thank god for ebay cause at that time DVD+R was about 90 cents a disc in Best Buy. But as always be careful with who you trust and research the seller :)

I got 6 cases of 100 , from an Ebay auction , for a lil less than a hundred bucks when I first started burned and two and a half years later I still have about 300 left. Thank god for ebay cause at that time DVD+R was about 90 cents a disc in Best Buy. But as always be careful with who you trust and research the seller :)
I use Sony DVD-R with Accucore, they produce high quality burns without any problems.

Hello

How do you tell what the Media Code is for a blank DVD?

Last edited by a moderator:
Verbatim 16X+R from Newegg. Over 1000 burns and not one bad disc.

I would never Buy any media on Ebay, I know of a number of people who have gotten burned by getting fake Taiyo Yudens and even fake Verbatims on Ebay. When it comes to buying online I would only buy from a reputable online retailer like www.rima.com www.meritline.com & www.supermediastore.com
Getting something like that on Ebay is in my opinion taking a chance with little to no recourse if you do get burned.

TYs and Verbatim. But lately I have used Sony DVD-R and they have been excellent and their Media Code shows they are made by Sony. I get them from Staples, on sale, for $24.94 a 100. Not bad at all!

Fuji

I use Fuji 8x DVD-R blank that I get online from Sam's Club (I don't think they're available in store). They're about $28 for a spindle of 100.

I've gone through about 10 spindles in the past year and only had one "coaster". Pretty happy, although I'm guessing even though they are Fuji brand that someone else actually makes them.

I use Verbatim DVD-R 16X (use to use the 8X, but they stopped sellin them). Out of 4000 burns, I've probably had about 15 coasters.

Back