• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

IsThreadDesktopComposited could not be located in the dynamic link library USER32.dll

TU3yZ

Whenever running the Desktop shortcut:
"F:\Program Files\SlySoft\Game Jackal\GameJackal.exe" /desktop

---------------------------
Gamejackal: GameJackal.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point IsThreadDesktopComposited could not be located in the dynamic link library USER32.dll.

XP Pro fully patched.

P.S. I love Slysoft and I'm certain this kind of stuff is going to smooth right out...just like Slysoft always does. So, I'm not complaining in the least. Just trying to be helpful. Let me know if I can help in any way by doing more testing or whatever.

-----------
A Registered user 3-times over for everything Slysoft sells.

Sorry to bump an old message, but I just did a google and came across this link. I am having the same exact error message.

Was this issue resolved for TU3yZ?

Sorry to bump an old message, but I just did a google and came across this link. I am having the same exact error message.

Was this issue resolved for TU3yZ?

Given the thread you bumped is from June 2007 without the poster ever posting back, I would imagine so.

Unfortunately, I am having the same issue, and was wondering if anyone knows how it was resolved.

My first guess would be that you have an issue with your Windows installation. Is GJ the only application reporting this error?

Yes. GameJackal is the only software reporting this error.

WinXP Pro SP3

I also have been running AnyDVD HD without any problems, as well as other software from slysoft.

Any ideas about what is wrong? I am running Checkpoint ZoneAlarm firewall, with Avira Premium for my anti-virus. I also have Webroot Spysweeper, but I shut it down whenever I start up Game Jackal. Should I try to reinstall Game Jackal?

Also, just wanted to mention I am having the same problem with BF2 and BF2142 as posted by users in this other thread:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=24153&page=2

At first I thought my constant re-imaging may have been caused by IsThreadDesktopComposited error message.

Here is the Game Jackal info:
SOFTWARE: Game Jackal v3.1
CORE VERSION: 3.1
CLIENT VERSION: 3.1.2.2
DRIVER VERSION: 3.1.2.2
PLATFORM: 2000, XP and Vista (32 and 64 bit platforms)
DATE: 2008-12-16

Additional info:
Windows XP SP3 (32 bit)
ZoneAlarm version:8.0.065.000
Avira Product version 8.2.0.252 11/21/2008
Webroot Spysweeper 6.0.xxxxx

Last edited:
1. No, I haven't resolved it, and I still have this same problem to this day.
You reminded me to look at it again though....

2. If I run,
""F:\Program Files\SlySoft\Game Jackal\GameJackal.exe" /silent",
then I get a pop-up that says this:

58972gj: 58972GJ.EXE - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point IsThreadDesktopComposited could not be located in the dynamic link library USER32.dll.
OK

This pop-up occurs exactly when Game Jackal does this:

00:00:04.437: LoadLibraryA("dwmapi.dll") called from "f:\program files\slysoft\game jackal\58972GJ.EXE" at address 0x004AC7FE.
00:00:04.453: Loaded "f:\windows\system32\DWMAPI.DLL" at address 0x563A0000. Successfully hooked module.

4. When I click the OK button on the pop-up above, then it runs until I get a 2nd pop-up that says this:

58972gj: 58972GJ.exe - Entry Point Not Found
OK

5. This 2nd pop-up occurs exactly when Game Jackal does this:

00:00:05.953: LoadLibraryA("dwmapi.dll") called from "f:\program files\slysoft\game jackal\58972GJ.EXE" at address 0x004AC7FE.
00:00:05.969: Loaded "f:\windows\system32\DWMAPI.DLL" at address 0x563A0000. Successfully hooked module.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
F:\WINDOWS\system32\dwmapi.dll
12/08/2006 04:36 PM 37,376 dwmapi.dll
MD5 = 7ac53e9745beaa47568c7766a01e112e
SHA-1 = f5c215481484befab1256afc9415ed43b2c30587
Product Version: 6.0.5384.4
Company: Microsoft Corporation
File Version: 6.0.5384.4 (winmain_beta2.060518-1455)
F:\WINDOWS\system32\user32.dll
04/14/2008 04:42 AM 578,560 user32.dll
MD5 = b26b135ff1b9f60c9388b4a7d16f600b
SHA-1 = 08fe9ff1fe9b8fd237adedb10d65fb0447b91fe5 user32.dll
Product Version: 5.1.2600.5512
File Version: 5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2105)
I'm running MS Windows XP Pro SP3 too.

If you figure it out, I'd like to know too please.

Taz

Last edited:
1. If I run this program from a "DOS" console:

#include <windows.h>
#include <stdio.h>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{

HINSTANCE hinstLib=NULL;
BOOL fFreeResult=FALSE;

hinstLib = LoadLibrary(TEXT("dwmapi"));

if(hinstLib != NULL)
{
printf("\nGOOD: Loaded dwmapi.dll OK!");

fFreeResult = FreeLibrary(hinstLib);

if(fFreeResult) { printf("\nGOOD: Freed dwmapi.dll OK!"); }
else { printf("\nBAD: Failed to Free dwmapi.dll!"); return(2);}

} else {
printf("\nBAD: Loaded dwmapi FAILED!");
return(3); }

return(0);
}

2. Then I get this pop-up window:

LoadLibraryA.exe - Entry Point Not Found
OK

3. After clicking OK, I get this console output:

"BAD: Loaded dwmapi FAILED!"

which corresponds to ERRORLEVEL 3.

Must be a bad, corrupted, wrong, etc. DWMAPI.DLL file.

If you guys figure out the right DWMAPI.DLL file for MS Windows XP Pro SP3 (and where to get it), then please let me know.

Thanks.

Taz

UGotServed,

1st, I would not give up on Game Jackal.

2nd, just rename "C:\Windows\System32\DWMAPI.DLL" to "C:\Windows\System32\DWMAPI.DL-" and you'll never get the pop-up message again.

The fact that you have never gotten this message from any other program on your system implies that DWMAPI.DLL is not being used by any other program being run on your system because the function of the program I wrote and documented above is REQUIRED by any and all programs that use DWMAPI.DLL.

However, I am wondering why Game Jackal is attaching to DWMAPI.DLL at all, especially in an XP system, since it looks like DWMAPI.DLL is only really used in Vista. I'm guessing that the Game Jackal developers should stop attaching to it altogether or call GetVersionEx() in their code to not attach to it if the OS is XP. But, it looks like they are linking to DWMAPI.DLL statically and not dynamically, so using GetVersionEx() will not work without other modifications.

I am frustrated because none of the developers have responded to something that is obvious to them, implying several possibilities...

3rd, I would be surprised if this anomaly has anything to do with the other problems you are experiencing with Game Jackal.

Taz

Last edited:
i think it actually comes from a messed up install of ie7 beta or ie8 beta... did any of you install that?

i think it actually comes from a messed up install of ie7 beta or ie8 beta... did any of you install that?

Yes and yes (7, non-beta). My thoughts too, but still, why is Game Jackal linking to it?

UGotServed,

1st, I would not give up on Game Jackal.

2nd, just rename "C:\Windows\System32\DWMAPI.DLL" to "C:\Windows\System32\DWMAPI.DL-" and you'll never get the pop-up message again.

The fact that you have never gotten this message from any other program on your system implies that DWMAPI.DLL is not being used by any other program being run on your system because the function of the program I wrote and documented above is REQUIRED by any and all programs that use DWMAPI.DLL.

However, I am wondering why Game Jackal is attaching to DWMAPI.DLL at all, especially in an XP system, since it looks like DWMAPI.DLL is only really used in Vista. I'm guessing that the Game Jackal developers should stop attaching to it altogether or call GetVersionEx() in their code to not attach to it if the OS is XP. But, it looks like they are linking to DWMAPI.DLL statically and not dynamically, so using GetVersionEx() will not work without other modifications.

I am frustrated because none of the developers have responded to something that is obvious to them, implying several possibilities...

3rd, I would be surprised if this anomaly has anything to do with the other problems you are experiencing with Game Jackal.

Taz

Good find.

I have been away from the forums for a while since I stopped using GameJackal.

TU3yz, you're always a step ahead of me.

I discovered that DWMAPI.DLL was the source of the error message using dependency walker. Since DWMAPI.DLL is related to IE7, I was also wondering why GameJackal is calling DWMAPI.DLL.

On this system, I did not install beta versions of IE7 or IE8. However, I did install Microsoft Silverlight beta since it was required to view some videos.

Last edited:
UGotServed,
The theme component in GJ uses this dll.

Hmmm... sorry, however I believed the issue to be with Windows and not Game Jackal.

There is one thing you could try. Under the skin folder you are loading, try renaming/removing the file "gamejackal.msstyles".

Back