• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Use AnyDVD 6.5.1.0 beta] Problem with bangkok dangerous (Disc 1 of 2 disc S.E.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be region free if it's Regions 1 through 8... The problematic release and only version we have seen so far that people have specified a problem with is Region 1. Are you having a problem with a release from a region other than Region 1?

Don't know Drink.....VSO shows region 1-8 but I think that is not neccesarily a report on this disc.(see image) The disc itself says Region 1 on the label.
I only know I did have issue with this movie when I first purchased it, same as everyone else. anydvd hung up and clone failed as well as anydvd rip to harddrive.

The work around resolved my problem.

FYI: adding titles 2-18 +23 only adds the previews to the end of the movie. You will not get the menu or alternate ending.

Btw, it is very important for people to specify what version of AnyDVD is being used since AnyDVD 6.5.0.7 does not get stuck in an endless scanning loop like AnyDVD 6.5.0.8 beta.

I have done a clean uninstall and reinstall on AnyDVD using all past versions I still have on my computer up to 6.5.0.7 and all of them just keep getting stuck in the endless scanning loop. It isn't just limited to the 6.5.0.8 beta which I never even tried until 6.5.0.7 and the past ones didn't work for me. I have even tried other CSS removal software and it does the same thing.

Don't know Drink.....VSO shows region 1-8 but I think that is not neccesarily a report on this disc.(see image) The disc itself says Region 1 on the label.
I only know I did have issue with this movie when I first purchased it, same as everyone else. anydvd hung up and clone failed as well as anydvd rip to harddrive.

The work around resolved my problem.

FYI: adding titles 2-18 +23 only adds the previews to the end of the movie. You will not get the menu or alternate ending.

The information for the titles is very very different between AnyDVD 6.5.0.7 and 6.5.0.8. According to AnyDVD 6.5.0.8 the bonus features are in Titles 2, 3, and 4. Titles 2, 3, and 4 are blanked by AnyDVD 6.5.0.7.

For now, apparently, a movie-only or movie-only+menus backup should be possible with AnyDVD 6.5.0.7.

Last edited:
I downgraded to anydvd 6.4.7.0 and got it to scan. Was only able to do the movie only though. kept on getting read errors if I tried whole disc

Anyone post the 6.5.0.7 log files yet? I figgure James might find them helpful?

-W

Bangkok Dangerous WS single side

Anybody know why this dvd disables AnyDVD?
Settings report - AnyDVD is disabled for Drive E:!
and the red fox reports - Off: 1
Put in any other DVD and it is enabled / On
AnyDVD 6.5.0.7
CloneDVD 2.9.2.0
Plays fine in portable and on computer

Just an update. Like I said I used AnyDVD 6.5.0.7 and CloneDVD 2.9.1.9 and was able to get the movie and special features.

I selected titles 1-19, 21 & 22 and I have the alternate ending.

I tried to open CloneDVD again to get screen shots and it comes up with a read error. Don't know if I was lucky or not but I was successful.

Again, this is the single-sided Disc 1 special edition Widescreen (Cat No. 24749 is printed on the disc)

I bought the movie and tried to make a backup before my son got his hands on it. I got just a single sided dvd, it is not double sided. In trying to back up the dvd nothing works. I have tried on 3 drives. I also got Pineapple Express and that one I got to back up just fine, the single sided dvd kind.

In your My Documents folder by default. You need to right click the little fox and "create logfile" 1st.

-W

Ok, I turned off A.I. Scanner and did the logfile. How long does it typically take? it keeps scanning the disc. Is that right?

It get to about 415KB and then AnyDVD just keeps scanning the disc.

Ok, Here is what I got...hope it helps!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_Bangkok_Dangerous.zip
    664.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Bangkok Dangerous

Does anyone know when anydvd will work to backup Bangkok Dangerous. I'm using Any DVD 6.5.0.7 and it just sits there and keeps scanning the disk.

Does anyone know when anydvd will work to backup Bangkok Dangerous. I'm using Any DVD 6.5.0.7 and it just sits there and keeps scanning the disk.

This section says you can backup the movie just not the full movie. Says to backup

"titles 1-19, 21 & 22 and I have the alternate ending."

have not tested it yet myself.

Bangkok Dangerous Log File

Here is my log file turning the AI off. If I put it on automatic the disk just sits there and scans and scans and scans.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_Bangkok_Dangerous.zip
    414.8 KB · Views: 3
Bangkok Dangerous

insert your disc open anydvd after scanning is complete open clonedvd2 select clone dvd. On the next screen select as usual and then uncheck 20, 23, 24 and 25 be sure to have dvd-5 selected at the botom and uncheck preserve menus. You are now in business. Took all night

Last edited:
Bangkok a success

I have the latest versions of both anydvd and clonedvd, and I toyed around with the checked chapters and found that if you'd remove 01,20,21,24, and 25 and be able to preview the movie on the clonedvd preview. It backs up just fine. You might have to make a few adjustments to get it to work, but dont give up. :cool:

DVDshrink cloneDVD

It seems that disabling the IU in anyDVD and use DVDshrink seems to work and then using CloneDVD to burn. Of course my friend only selected the movie and not the whole disk option. It worked and was successful. I'm referring to the one side region 1 widescreen movie Bangkok Dangerous, not the 2 sided one.

Last edited:
Don't worry. Fix is coming.

Bangkok Dangerous

I'm able to scan up to 45% in Clone and then it simply stops. This is without deselecting any titles. Can someone offer advice please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back