• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Burned DVDs unreadable

BudVugger

I have been using AnyDvd and CloneDvd for about 3 years now and have made a few hundred back-up dvds . I just found out that the past 30-40 dvds I have burned do not play at all . There was no error in the burn process. If I put the dvd into my DVD-ROM or external burner it says no disc in drive . Also when I try to put the disc into my standalone dvd player connected to my TV , It freezes the player and needs to be unplugged and replugged in just to get the disc back out . These are all copies of regular dvds not internet bought movies . I am running the latest versions of AnyDvd and CloneDvd . My Burner is a Plextor PX-716A with the latest firmware , and the discs are Verbatim DVD+R 8X . I have not changed anything settings wise or product wise , same since beginning

My question is , Is it possible for Clone to be burning them to a file set more advanced than my players can read? (Reason I ask this , when I started to burn dvds I had to buy a new dvd player because my old one would not read burned ) Or is this most likely a problem with the burner itself ? Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
My question is , Is it possible for Clone to be burning them to a file set more advanced than my players can read? (Reason I ask this , when I started to burn dvds I had to buy a new dvd player because my old one would not read burned ) Or is this most likely a problem with the burner itself ? Thanks for the help.

Were all of the bad burns recorded from the same batch of media? If so,I would suggest trying some different media. The problem with your older player was most likely not recognizing your media type or brand.

Were all of the bad burns recorded from the same batch of media? If so,I would suggest trying some different media. The problem with your older player was most likely not recognizing your media type or brand.

Yes they were all from the same batch, From the middle of a 100 count spindle. Yes the old dvd player only read normal dvd , not Dvd+R.

I forgot to mention , all previous burns still play and are read by the system . So I know its not a failed drive read. Also Anydvd doesn't read that there is a disc in the drive on these unreadable ones .

I will try, tomorrow, opening a new package of dvd's and trying that .

What a mess. Now , Before trying this new pack of Verbatim I made sure everything was up to date . Re-installed Clone and AnyDVD also I reinstalled the most up to date firmware for the drive . The drive no longer reads there is a disc inserted . It will not read factory dvd's even .

looks as if your drive could be dying, time for a little shopping :agree:

I agree with bjproc. I would try to clean the unit with a disc cleaning CD and uninstall the drive in Device Manager. You might get lucky.

I agree with bjproc. I would try to clean the unit with a disc cleaning CD and uninstall the drive in Device Manager. You might get lucky.
i did read someplace, not sure if it was here or cdfreaks, that dvd/rw drives don't like the cd drive cleaning disc's, i don't know if thats true or not, but if the drives nearly going out, it would be worth a try

Yes it looks like I will be shopping , Uninstalled and reinstalled with no difference . I even tried to hook it up to a different computer . As for the cleaning cd it won't even recognize that it is in the drive lol . OH well . I hope that it was a dying drive that caused the my recent finished burns to come out unplayable . Thank you for the help guys . I'll post my results after I get the new drive, and test out burning on that .

i did read someplace, not sure if it was here or cdfreaks, that dvd/rw drives don't like the cd drive cleaning disc's, i don't know if thats true or not, but if the drives nearly going out, it would be worth a try

That's good to know. I've never heard that but I've never tried one of the cleaning discs in DVDRW.

Installed Plextor PX-760A (1.06) today. First burn came out good and working. Those unread burns are still unreadable so it looks like I will have to redo them.

On a side note , I never realized how easy it is to install an internal drive.

Thank you again for the help guys . I'll stick around and offer help to others when I can.

Last edited:
Installed Plextor PX-760A (1.06) today. First burn came out good and working. Those unread burns are still unreadable so it looks like I will have to redo them.

On a side note , I never realized how easy it is to install an internal drive.

Thank you again for the help guys . I'll stick around and offer help to others when I can.

And also on the plus side, you got a new drive. I don't know many people here who don't love new electronics.

Back