• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Use AnyDVD 6.5.1.0 beta] Problem with bangkok dangerous (Disc 1 of 2 disc S.E.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI: I bought the single disk widescreen R1 dual layer and got a successful burn removing all titles but Title 01.

Will try again after a fix comes down the tube for AnyDVD as I really like the Alternate ending and want it on my backup.

bangkok dangerous disc one of two disc set works fine with clonedvd2 use copy dvd titles select title 01 1:39:08 then iso/udf image then go!!!!!!!

Bangkok dangerous

Delete chapter 19,20,23,24,25. Rented the disc 1 and copied perfectly, playable and it copied fine.

Delete chapter 19,20,23,24,25. Rented the disc 1 and copied perfectly, playable and it copied fine.

I don't support duplication of rented movies but....I think the rental copy is the same as the SE version just they only give you disc one. No matter what version of AnyDVD I use it just reads the disc forever and won't even let CloneDVD use it ever.

What version of AnyDVD are you using and what program are you using to copy it?

Mulitiple tracks on Bangkok Dangerous

I was having the same type of problems with this title as the other two people mentioned. I'm attempting to back this up right now. I had to deselect a few titles,I think they where 22,23,and 25. So far everything is going good. I'll post back in awhile and let ya'll know.

Was having same problem. Could not get AnyDVD to get a read on 4 different systems. Finally got a read on 5th system. Found that there were multiple tracks; most showed nothing (black screen) but one had movie am making a copy now. Will repost if works. The release I have has one disk, one side (no flip).

I have the flip disc version and am trying to do the FULLSCREEN side. Everthing copies to HDD just fine but when I burn to disc it won't play on my standalone player. I'm using AnyDvd 6.5.0.8 with both the ripper and Clonedvd 2.9.2.0 with no luck at all.What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_Bangkok_Dangerous.zip
    209.5 KB · Views: 1
bangkok dangerous

i HAVE REPLACE THE DISC AND STILL GETTING THE SAME ERROR...Clone 1 TCE.
DID SOMEONE FALL A SLEEP ON THE PRESS LINE:bang:

I was able to get it to read and copied and burned the same way you did, but it won't play the special features. Does yours play the special features. I was trying to try again but now it won't read it again. Not even the backup I made.

The US Remake of Bangkok Dangerous (with Nic Cage)
R:1 Club/Discount (and rental at most places)
R:1 2 Disc Special Edition

Film disc/disc 1 is a bad pressing. Many tries, many bad discs, gave up. :bang:

It's not a bad pressing. It's copy protection. It plays fine on my Home Theater system.

Looks like some new copy protection.

The Disk 1 of the set of 2 is the problem. Check out the DVDFab forum. They have already started working on fixing it. I tried several versions of AnyDVD, several burners, and every technique suggested here. None of it worked so I tried DVDFab and went it didn't work checked their forum. Same issues.

The people claiming to get part of the way with CloneDVD and the single-disc double-layer widescreen-only release are more than a bit confusing since AnyDVD will never complete scanning the disc. So, are you changing the default settings? What exactly are you people doing?

Someone on another forum disabled the AI scanner and said he got it to back up. This is for the 2 disc digital copy edition. Im trying it now, will report back one way or another.
Ok, it failed at 64% using Nero. But why when the AI scanner is disabled, did it get this far into it? When it was set to automatic, I only made it 5% or 6% in before failing?

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not change any settings. I got it to open the disc again, but when using anydvd the special feature titles show 0:00 so they won't play on the finished disc, but the main movie and previews play fine. I'm trying to create a log file right now, when I click on Create Logfile it starts scanning and stays that way. It's been about 15 min so far. If it finishes I will post it.

Someone on another forum disabled the AI scanner and said he got it to back up. This is for the 2 disc digital copy edition. Im trying it now, will report back one way or another.
Ok, it failed at 64% using Nero. But why when the AI scanner is disabled, did it get this far into it? When it was set to automatic, I only made it 5% or 6% in before failing?

I don't know how anyone can. I'm specifically referring to people claiming AnyDVD and CloneDVD will work. It won't. Even disabling the A.I. Scanner won't work for a movie-only backup. It will fail at 99%.

Nero Recode and DVD Shrink don't handle structural protections and by disabling the A.I. Scanner you aren't removing them at all. Nero, in general, won't copy a disc with structural protection in this case.

I'm seriously thinking the people who are succeeding are either not dealing with the double-layer widescreen disc or they are using a program that will skip read errors which is a bad thing.

My concern is AnyDVD and CloneDVD and James is and will be looking into the problem that AnyDVD seems to be having.

I did not change any settings. I got it to open the disc again, but when using anydvd the special feature titles show 0:00 so they won't play on the finished disc, but the main movie and previews play fine. I'm trying to create a log file right now, when I click on Create Logfile it starts scanning and stays that way. It's been about 15 min so far. If it finishes I will post it.

The people with the "problematic" version of this disc should have no problems creating logs. That's one of the other oddities. If you disable the A.I. Scanner for the sole purpose of letting AnyDVD just accept the disc it can then create a log file. When log files are created it doesn't care about your current settings so having the A.I. Scanner disabled won't matter.

I am only even mentioning disabling the A.I. Scanner to get the disc recognized so that you can make logs.

Help

Ok I am using ANYDVD 6.5.0.8 and trying to rip Bangkok It only gets to 2% then stops

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_RENDITION.zip
    109.5 KB · Views: 1
AnyDVD 6.5.0.8 with AI disabled.

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.5.0.8)
LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-16H5S LPVC 2005/08/16 01:03
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2084960 sectors (4072 MBytes)
Total size: 4169920 sectors (8144 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Bangkok_Dangerous
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 1 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_Bangkok_Dangerous.zip
    414.8 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back