• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Monster House - Puppetlock

Rodster

Hi all

Im using the registered and latest versions of CloneDVD and AnyDVD. I was trying to backup Monster House DVD Region 4.

AnyDVD picked up and so-called removed Puppetlock, but when CloneDVD2 tries to read the dvd disc it says its trying to correct the disc format.

I told Slysoft this problem, but no answer yet, anyone else having this issue?

Hi all

Im using the registered and latest versions of CloneDVD and AnyDVD. I was trying to backup Monster House DVD Region 4.

AnyDVD picked up and so-called removed Puppetlock, but when CloneDVD2 tries to read the dvd disc it says its trying to correct the disc format.

I told Slysoft this problem, but no answer yet, anyone else having this issue?

1. The latest version of Anydvd is 6.1.2.9
visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=2192

2. What happens if you wait and let Clonedvd fix the disc format?

3. send the ifos to Slysoft
visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=330

The latest release Version of AnyDVD on the Slysoft web site is Ver.6.1.2.5, The latest Beta Version is 6.1.2.9. ;)

Hi all

Tried Monster House again today with the latest versions of CloneDVD and AnyDVD (non beta) and apparently puppetlock should show 2 protections not 1 as it currently does.

I tried to let CloneDVD do its reparing but this resulted in an unexpected error which told me to email bugs@elby.ch. I decided to get all the IFO files and email them zipped to Slysoft with the details.

Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon.

Rodney

Hi all

Tried Monster House again today with the latest versions of CloneDVD and AnyDVD (non beta) and apparently puppetlock should show 2 protections not 1 as it currently does.

I tried to let CloneDVD do its reparing but this resulted in an unexpected error which told me to email bugs@elby.ch. I decided to get all the IFO files and email them zipped to Slysoft with the details.

Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon.

Rodney
Unfortunately you had AnyDVD enabled while copying the .ifo files, so they are useless. Please disable AnyDVD and send the files again. Thank you.

Hi

I have re-sent the IFO files as requested and this time Anydvd was not running at all (no icon on the taskbar).

Rodney

Hi

I have re-sent the IFO files as requested and this time Anydvd was not running at all (no icon on the taskbar).

Rodney
Thanks. I believe AnyDVD tries to unprotect something which is not protected (a false alarm).
Please disable the option "Copy protection based on unreadable sectors".
CloneDVD should work fine now.
If it tries to repair the DVD structure, let it complete.

Thanks. I believe AnyDVD tries to unprotect something which is not protected (a false alarm).
Please disable the option "Copy protection based on unreadable sectors".
CloneDVD should work fine now.
If it tries to repair the DVD structure, let it complete.

Hi James

Will give it a go without the "Copy protection based on unreadable sectors" and let you know the results. I let it try to repair the dvd structure before right up till the end but it failed with the "CloneDVD2 TCE" error, so should i try it again?

Rodney

Hi James

So far so good, at least Clonedvd is showing the quality bar and the bar when it scans the dvd (which takes a lot longer than usual but no "reparing disc structure message anymore), but the reading time has blown out to 50 minutes, is this the side-effect of turning off "protection based on unreadable sectors" or to do with the quality of the dvd disc / data?

Rodney

Last edited:
Hi James

So far so good, at least Clonedvd is showing the quality bar and the bar when it scans the dvd (which takes a lot longer than usual), but the reading time has blown out to 50 minutes, is this the side-effect of turning off "protection based on unreadable sectors" or to do with the quality of the dvd disc / data?

Rodney
No, it shouldn't make any difference.

Hi

Your suggestion worked, i wonder why the issues came up for as usually both programs work perfectly with any DVD's. I also received notification of a new version of AnyDVD which has been released since this issue arose.

You would have been more than welcome to add acknowledgement (Thanks to Rodney Mayhew / one of our members for this) regarding this issue.

Thanks for your assistance.

Rodney

Hi

Your suggestion worked, i wonder why the issues came up for as usually both programs work perfectly with any DVD's. I also received notification of a new version of AnyDVD which has been released since this issue arose.
It was a bug. I have fixed it in AnyDVD 6.1.3.0.

Hi James

Just an update with the new AnyDVD - below is what the old one showed:

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2029744 sectors (3964 MBytes)
Total size: 4037104 sectors (7884 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Monster_House
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: PAL
Media is locked to region(s): 2 4 5!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Found & removed structural copy protection (Arccos, Puppetlock)!
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!
Found & removed 1 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 4!

Here is what the new one shows:-

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.3.0)
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T10N PR03 000817060B69JM4813
Drive (Hardware) Region: 4

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2029744 sectors (3964 MBytes)
Total size: 4037104 sectors (7884 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Monster_House
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: PAL
Media is locked to region(s): 2 4 5!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 4!

I noticed the absence of Sector Protections in the new version and no mention of the copy protection system used, as structural copy protection does not show anymore. Was this because of the bug that it was showing Arccos Puppetlock to appear? I have re-enabled "Protection based on unreadable sectors".

Rodney

Last edited:
Still an Issue with 6.1.9.3

I was wondering if this is again an issue with the Monster House DVD. I have 6.1.9.3 (w/ Clone DVD) running and did attempt the disableing of the "Copy protection based on unreadable sectors" change you suggested, allowed it to correct disk structure, but it still fails w/ the following error: "IFOProperties 2 TCE"

I am attaching log for reference.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_Monster_House.zip
    213.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I was wondering if this is again an issue with the Monster House DVD. I have 6.1.9.3 (w/ Clone DVD) running and did attempt the disableing of the "Copy protection based on unreadable sectors"

No. You should ensure AI scanner is enabled (default), and you should ensure that "copy protection based on unreadable sectors" is selected.

After you do this, please state the full a)error message(s) you encountered, b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s).

Back