• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

A minor glitch

Spanky

I’m using the latest versions of CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD, I have two drives in my system. What I would like to do is put the original in drive D and the blank in drive E and have it do its thing unattended. But I get the “Oh No” error every time when the write starts to drive E: I eject the disk and reinsert it and it takes off normally. It’s only a minor inconvenience and not a showstopper. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this? I'm putting this thread here because it only seems to occur with CloneDVD, but understand it could be a hardware issue.

I’m using the latest versions of CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD, I have two drives in my system. What I would like to do is put the original in drive D and the blank in drive E and have it do its thing unattended. But I get the “Oh No” error every time when the write starts to drive E: I eject the disk and reinsert it and it takes off normally. It’s only a minor inconvenience and not a showstopper. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this? I'm putting this thread here because it only seems to occur with CloneDVD, but understand it could be a hardware issue.

Please post the exact "Oh no!" error message (click details, copy, paste).

have you tried to use a different blank disc, if it's started to write to the disc and you get that message that disc will be knackered, you'll need a new one

also try using RW disc's if your having problems

The same disk is fine, just have to eject it and put it back in. It's all good after that.

I'll get the copy and paste James, thanks.

attachment.php

This is the "Oh No" message. Does it every time and all I have to do is press the eject button twice and click write.

Attachments

• issue.JPG
    issue.JPG
    11.7 KB · Views: 21
Using your two drive method is the best method for unattended backups ... which is the question you want answered.

Your "oh no" error message is probably happening because of the blank media you are using is crap or your burner/firmware doesn't like the media. Just like it says in the error message.

What brand and type of blanks are you using? And what speed did you set CloneDVD to burn at?

(Example to tell us: Verbatim +R 16X media/blanks that CloneDVD was set to burn at 12X)

Whisperer

Last edited:
The disks are Tayio Yuden, I believe the disks to be ok, they write flawless after an eject. All I have to do is kick it out and back in. I have just about convinced myself it is hardware related; just don’t know where to look. I think I’ll reverse the order of original and blank media in the drives and see if the problem follows.

TY is good media but:

1. You still didn't name what type of TY you are using (+R or -R, rated at X speed)

2. You still didn't say what speed you set CloneDVD to burn at.

I gave you an example of what information to provide above ... but you didn't provide it
(Example to tell us: Verbatim +R 16X media/blanks that CloneDVD was set to burn at 12X)
Please: When members ask you for information, if you provide the information you will get meaningful help.

3. The firmware for your burner may need updating.

Whisperer

Last edited:
OK, the disks are TY02 8X –R, Clone is set to burn at 8X, which has worked flawlessly over 400 times. I have pretty much ruled out the media, so it’s my bad for not answering your question on my assumption. I appreciate your help.

When I tried reversing the disks the drive didn’t pick up the original either! Alas I fear another drive bites the dust.

Drives

Sounds like you have a bad drive, but one thing you didn't mention is how the drives are connected. If on a single IDE ribbon, make sure your "write" burner is on the master connector with the DVD-ROM on the slave. If on different IDE's make sure the writer is on the master also.

attachment.php

This is the "Oh No" message. Does it every time and all I have to do is press the eject button twice and click write.

Click "Details", copy, pase.

Sounds like you have a bad drive, but one thing you didn't mention is how the drives are connected. If on a single IDE ribbon, make sure your "write" burner is on the master connector with the DVD-ROM on the slave. If on different IDE's make sure the writer is on the master also.

Good info, I have the read drive as master and the write as slave, I'll remember that when I replace the drive. Thanks!

mmdavis, I tried your suggestion with a different original disk, the drive picked this one up fine, original in the slave and blank media in the master, worked like a top! I guess it was just that simple, thanks!

James, I’ll still get the details, maybe it’s something easy to fix so it will work either way.

The details requested.

Attachments

• issue.jpg
    issue.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 10
Back