• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 6.1.2.9 beta

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
For experienced users to test:
http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6129.exe

6.1.2.9 2007 03 03
- New: Added Blu-Ray support
- New: Added removal of Blu-Ray region code
- Change: I/O on 64bit OS (WinXP64/Vista64) moved to kernel mode
- Updated ElbyCDIO layer, fixes "cannot get exclusive access" in
CloneDVD and CloneCD under XP64 and Vista64
- Change: ElbyCDIO uses less CPU cycles under Windows XP and Vista
- Change: After using CloneCD or CloneDVD, AnyDVD does no longer
rescan the disc under XP64 and Vista64.
- Fix: HD DVDs without iHD menus did not work
- Fix: AnyDVD did not shut down properly when user logged off
- Fix: AnyDVD could be unintentionally disabled for some drives
- Some minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages

Looks like I have go out and buy a BD drive today,…..thanks Slysoft!

Now that this miracle of quelling corporate greed and firmly removing the boot of oppression from off the consumers necks has been achieved,….perhaps you can start work on “World Peace”,…… :agree:

Hey its worth a shot because clearly you people are metrical workers!!!

In all seriousness though, what BD burner drive can anyone recommend in the ~$500 range?

I was thinking about the Philips SPD7000 Blu-ray DVD Burner,…..

Any thoughts!?!

Thanks again!

6.1.2.9 2007 03 03

I'm just curious from looking at the change within AnyDVD HD. I don't have a Blu-Ray drive but my understanding is that you must manually select the region to match the BR disc you wish to view/backup manually, correct? Is the plan for this to become automatic in the future?

I ask because I just wanted to understand how the region code removal works at this point. The more I know the more I can recommend the program to my friends :)

Note: I accidentally posted this to the AnyDVD sub-forum thread first. I deleted that one and moved it to AnyDVD HD sub-forum.

I'm just curious from looking at the change within AnyDVD HD. I don't have a Blu-Ray drive but my understanding is that you must manually select the region to match the BR disc you wish to view/backup manually, correct? Is the plan for this to become automatic in the future?

I ask because I just wanted to understand how the region code removal works at this point. The more I know the more I can recommend the program to my friends :)

Note: I accidentally posted this to the AnyDVD sub-forum thread first. I deleted that one and moved it to AnyDVD HD sub-forum.
Clicking the right mouse button on the Blu-ray region control will tell you, that you must set the region to match the disc you want to play/copy.
For example, if you insert the US version of "Kingdom of Heaven" set it to Region "A". If you insert a european version, set it to "B".
The region is printed on the back of the cover. :D
It is not as automatic as the DVD region removal, but it isn't very difficult either.
And AnyDVD HD is the very first program on this planet to remove Blu-ray region codes, so we are quite proud that we could make it work *at all*.
If we find a way to make it automatic, we'll do so, of course.

Looks like I have go out and buy a BD drive today,…..thanks Slysoft!

Now that this miracle of quelling corporate greed and firmly removing the boot of oppression from off the consumers necks has been achieved,….perhaps you can start work on “World Peace”,…… :agree:

Hey its worth a shot because clearly you people are metrical workers!!!

In all seriousness though, what BD burner drive can anyone recommend in the ~$500 range?

I was thinking about the Philips SPD7000 Blu-ray DVD Burner,…..

Any thoughts!?!

Thanks again!
Yeah, get a $199 XBOX 360 HD DVD drive. :D

Clicking the right mouse button on the Blu-ray region control will tell you, that you must set the region to match the disc you want to play/copy.
For example, if you insert the US version of "Kingdom of Heaven" set it to Region "A". If you insert a european version, set it to "B".
The region is printed on the back of the cover. :D
It is not as automatic as the DVD region removal, but it isn't very difficult either.

Right. And I did right-click and read. I just thought to myself... this may confuse some people since it operates differently than region code removal for normal DVDs. I, also, for my own benefit [since sometimes I can be dense as a rock] wanted clarification that I was interpreting it correctly. :)

And AnyDVD HD is the very first program on this planet to remove Blu-ray region codes, so we are quite proud that we could make it work *at all*.
If we find a way to make it automatic, we'll do so, of course.

Congrats on all the work and thanks for the clarification!

Hi,

I have a Sony laptop with Matsushita Blu-ray drive. I bought 2 titles on Amazon.com (even before AACS was circumvented) to see what it looks like. With BackupBluRay and now with AnyDVD HD I can rip them to hard drive just fine. I even managed to convert .m2ts stream to .ts stream playable on my Mediagate MG-350HD multimedia player with no re-encoding involved, just re-multiplexing.

My question is: Now when Region B titles starting to appear in local shops, will I be able to play and rip them with new AnyDVD HD without changing region setting for the drive (just by setting the right region in AnyDVD)? Or it will be the same story as with normal DVDs with drive blocking any DVDs whose region doesn't match drive's region?

Any information on this will be much appreciated. And thank you for your continuing development of AnyDVD and for Blu-ray support.

this may confuse some people since it operates differently than region code removal for normal DVDs.

I agree 100% here.
I have some ideas already to improve this situation, but I'm not sure if they will always work.
For now, we'll have to be happy, that it works at all...

My question is: Now when Region B titles starting to appear in local shops, will I be able to play and rip them with new AnyDVD HD without changing region setting for the drive (just by setting the right region in AnyDVD)? Or it will be the same story as with normal DVDs with drive blocking any DVDs whose region doesn't match drive's region?

It is very improbable that a drive will ever be able to determine whether a disc has the correct region coding or not.

AnyDVD HD for now simply lets the title "think" that your player has the correct region code (quite a mind twister...). So the region code is not actually removed.
Though I'm already thinking about a way to really remove it :cool:

It is very improbable that a drive will ever be able to determine whether a disc has the correct region coding or not.

Well, it does it for DVDs... Do Blu-ray regions work in completely different way? Are they only defined on application level? No RPC2 mechanism with limited number of drive region changes etc.?

Well, it does it for DVDs... Do Blu-ray regions work in completely different way? Are they only defined on application level? No RPC2 mechanism with limited number of drive region changes etc.?

It works differently.
And - unless there is an additional region coding that they haven't used yet - a Bluray does not have any "region code mark" or alike, that can simply be read from disc. So that's why it is improbable, that a drive itself can determine the region(s) of a disc.

Damn! You guys are quick! Great Work!

I just tested XMEN 3 Region A disc with my Region B drive and it works!

One question though: I tried playing the Rip of the same movie which I created earlier with 6.1.2.8 and I get the region warning aka the rip doesn’t play (6.1.29 installed of course)!

Is that a problem or should I just rip the movie again with 6.1.2.9 (of course I am doing that already but I am quite anxious :p) ?

Having to rip the movie again with 6.1.2.9 sounds a little strange as I cannot understand what would be the problem of removing the region lock in a rip made with 6.1.2.8 as the files created should be the same with the ones on the original disc. So if 6.1.2.9 can ‘tweak’ the files in the original disc why it can’t do the same with the ones in the hard disk (even if they are created with 6.1.2.8 ) ?

I am not a computer engineer and I now that maybe you cannot / don’t want to provide an answer on this, but I am just curious. :)

It seems that the Blu Ray Region coding is different from the DVD region coding, i'ts not implemented in the hardware but in the software player (WinDVD, PowerDVD).

I use PowerDVD and make some tests with WinDVD BD (unfortanetely this one is only in 960x540) and changing a region in WinDVD doesn't affect the numbers of changes allowed in PowerDVD, but only affects in WinDVD.

(Sorry for my bad english!)

Having to rip the movie again with 6.1.2.9 sounds a little strange as I cannot understand what would be the problem of removing the region lock in a rip made with 6.1.2.8 as the files created should be the same with the ones on the original disc. So if 6.1.2.9 can ‘tweak’ the files in the original disc why it can’t do the same with the ones in the hard disk (even if they are created with 6.1.2.8 ) ?

It's simple: 6.1.2.8 didn't touch the region code and no version of AnyDVD will touch files, that are already on a hard drive - only those coming from an original disc.

Back