• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Possible conflicts with AnyDVD and other software

Webslinger

Retired Moderator
If you're having problems with Anydvd or other Slysoft software, you might want to remove these other programs:

1. Musicmatch Jukebox
visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1293

2. Pinnacle software
VOB Instant Drive (virtual drive, which uses ASAPIW2k.sys)
Pinnacle InstantWrite (packet writing software, which uses cdrdrv.sys)

Other Pinnacle software may install ASAPIW2k as well

visit http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/44/48261

also visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=203&page=4

3. Packet writing software in general (directcd, incd, etc.).
If you want this functionality, I recommend using DVD-RAM burners instead.

4. ONES, Zulu2, Recordnow! 4 and Digion Audio (PzWDM)

visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=998&page=2

5. Nero's Incd

6. Directcd (possibly)

7. Arcsoft Photo impressions (or anything that installs afc.sys)

8. Dragtodisc

9. Drive Letter Access (more packet writing software from Veratis/Sonic Solutions)

10. CyberLink InstantBurn (more packet writing software)

11. Iviaspi.sys (sometimes installed by Windvd)
source: http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=36523&postcount=9

12. Spybot Teatimer (only conflicts when installing)

13. DVD43 (can cause conflicts with Anydvd; moreover dvd43 only decrypts CSS)

14. Installing Winamp with burner (sonic/roxio) plugins can cause problems, apparently: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=180400&postcount=42

I'm keeping this thread open in case people want to add to the list or discuss the conflicts.
This is not a a definitive list, and it's entirely possible some software listed will work on certain systems with Anydvd.

Last edited:
Conflict: Alcohol 120%

It appears that Slysoft version 6.1.2.5 has a conflict with alcohol 120% virtual drives. This is a major problem for gamers that use the virtal drives to mount thier game images. :(

It appears that Slysoft version 6.1.2.5 has a conflict with alcohol 120% virtual drives. This is a major problem for gamers that use the virtal drives to mount thier game images. :(

I have no problems here with Anydvd and Alcohol 120%.

I have no problems with anydvd and alcohol 120 either but do with alcohol 120 and my U3 drive.

Have you updated your SPTD-layer files to the latest available. Currently at 1.42 at the time of this writing. Many problems can be fixed by updating this core-files. Latest version can be found here.

I've been having problems with my Battlefield 2142 game not starting after anydvd upgrades?

I've been having problems with my Battlefield 2142 game not starting after anydvd upgrades?

This isn't an Anydvd issue; my friend plays that game and has the latest Anydvd on his system.

Last edited:
Have both RecordNow and MusicMatch Jukebox on my PC (though I NEVER use them) and have had no issues with AnyDVD. ( Touch wood)

This isn't an Anydvd issue; my friend plays that game and has the latest Anydvd on his system.

that can be true but when I install the update the game stops working and will only work after I uninstall and reinstall both of them. game runs fine as long as I don't install any updates for anydvd, the sec I do game won't start.

this also started when I installed xp media edition, with xp pro, never a prob

I have no problems here with Anydvd and Ones. Use Ones to burn all my movies after using anydvd and clonedvd

this also started when I installed xp media edition, with xp pro, never a prob

XP Media Edition has a lot of compatability issues. I was going to put Media Edition on a PC but didn't because of all the issues it had that Home and Pro did not.

Pinnacle software conflict

I was kinda glad to read that the cause of my error was related to a simple software conflict...

However, Pinnacle's Studio 10 is one of the best user-friendly vid editing programs out there, and offers much more features for the money than other similarly priced prgs I've tried...

So, is there any possible was to resolve the conflict from Slysoft's end? Like a future update or patch? Or is it a deep-seeded conflict, which is going to force me to use another editor?

I was kinda glad to read that the cause of my error was related to a simple software conflict...

Hi,

Can you do me a favour and do step 4 from here please?
Please note that step 4 requires you to post information.

Potential filter conflict

wow... yesterday I wouldn't have had any idea of what a "filter" was, and now after reading through a dozen posts, on 3 different forums, and downloading & using 3 different utilities, I still don't quite understand how to recognize or solve a conflict between filters of different programs...

I mean, if I disable one of the conflicting filters wouldn't I potentially be corrupting the program associated with it? Like disabling a device's driver or codec or something?...

I get kinda nervous when I'm required to make registry changes in order to get things working properly, ya know?

The filter scan of my DVD shows 4 uppers (without descriptions), and 5 lowers (with 2 pages of details)... So, where should I post the log file, in hopes that somebody can teach me somthin'? ... Don't wanna just arbitrarily post a bunch of crap on ya here...

I mean, if I disable one of the conflicting filters wouldn't I potentially be corrupting the program associated with it?

Yes. Do not remove filters manually. Use the uninstall program that installed the (unwanted) filter to begin with.

The filter scan of my DVD shows 4 uppers (without descriptions), and 5 lowers (with 2 pages of details)... So, where should I post the log file, in hopes that somebody can teach me somthin'? ... Don't wanna just arbitrarily post a bunch of crap on ya here...

Here, post your lower and upper filter info here please.

State the full a)error message(s) you encountered, b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s).

About software conflicts -- AnyDVD worked great on my Windows XP system but I just installed it on my new Vista system & AnyDVD can't find my drives. Is this a Vista conflict or have I missed a setting?

About software conflicts -- AnyDVD worked great on my Windows XP system but I just installed it on my new Vista system & AnyDVD can't find my drives. Is this a Vista conflict or have I missed a setting?

Upgrade or clean install? I did a clean install using the 32 bit at the moment but will be redoing that to use the 64 bit version instead. Anyway either on a clean install there is no conflicts.

Brand new system - clean install. Error window pops up every time saying I need to buy a drive etc. when I start AnyDVD.

Back