• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

stranger than fiction

i dont see how .what difference does it make if i rent or buy a movie.to be exact this movie was borrowed from a friend who wanted me to make him a copy of it

Because both copying (rented discs and copying for a friend) are illegal, for one, in my country . . .

Last edited:
Because both copying rented discs and copying for a friend are illegal, for one, in my country (both actions are illegal in the United States as well).

i understand your point but what are most people copying then.i mainly make backup with the way my kids ruin my disc im tired of replacing movies.so with the movie stranger then fiction im making a backup for my friend cause he doesnt have a burner.thats all not like im going door to door selling massive copies.i pay for my dvd's just dont like paying 2 times for the same movie.so as soon as i buy it i make a copy.netflix allows you to purchase movies you rent so i buy from them and i did get several bad disc from them that they replaced for me thats all i was saying nothing more.dont read into it that im some criminal

Rented or borrowed ... both are illegal. Webslinger has ethics and it is his choice not to help you.

Edit: Posted almost the same time as you Webslinger. I know you can stand up for yourself but I have strong feelings on this subject too. Don't understand why everything is so loose here. Looks like the same format forum as cdf. Is this forum not based in Sweden?

Whisperer

Last edited:
dont read into it that im some criminal

I never stated you were. And you mentioned in your original post that you were renting from Netflix--and now you're saying you're helping to copy something for a friend.

I am not here to judge you; I'm just telling you what I can't do.

As I said, others may help you, but I can't.

Last edited:
I can only speak for myself; I backup movies that I buy.

Rented or borrowed ... both are illegal. Webslinger has ethics and it is his choice not to help you.

Edit: Posted almost the same time as you Webslinger. I know you can stand up for yourself but I have strong feelings on this subject too. Don't understand why everything is so loose here. Looks like the same format forum as cdf. Is this forum not based in Sweden?

Whisperer

look at post #22 i do buy my movies just buy them from netflix.they sell them used and i get them cheaper.nothing wrong with saving a buck or 2.its ok though if you choice not to help thats your call.just please dont say what im doing is any different then what you are doing

Don't understand why everything is so loose here.

SlySoft is based in Antigua, which is a DMCA free zone. Consequently, we can be a little less restrictive here.

Looks like the same format forum as cdf.

It's not.

Is this forum not based in Sweden?

I don't know, and I'm not interested in finding out. I've done nothing illegal in my country on these boards by providing information in the instances that I have.

Also visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=4304&postcount=109

Last edited:
Well, regardless of where you live, it is still morally wrong to rent or barrow a flick and then copy for yourself. That's not what it's all about.

We have a dog that loves to chew on the plastic cases and every now and then chews into the dvd disc. I can't tell you how many good flicks we bought that got ruined because of "Pepper" (dog gone dog)....lol.....

Now the first thing we do when we purchase a flick, be it a flea market or store, we back it up so we don't loose it.

As far as the topic " Stranger Then Fiction " goes, the wife bought a copy today and I just backed it up, completely. All I used, like every time, is AnyDVD and CloneDVD2.

In closing I'd like to say it nice to read about people who are willing to help others, as long as "others" have morals and are honest. I feel exactly the same Webslinger !

Ethics and Morals ! :clap: :agree: :clap:

Cheer's

I do appreciate you having "Morals and Ethics" mencan but that is not the issue. Legality is the issue. It is illegal to make copies of any disc, boughten or rented.

look at post #22 i do buy my movies just buy them from netflix.they sell them used and i get them cheaper.nothing wrong with saving a buck or 2.its ok though if you choice not to help thats your call.just please dont say what im doing is any different then what you are doing

Subject pretty much beaten to death....but looking back I believe your original comment was that you were renting from Netflix, and that seems to be what was picked up on. You did also clarify that you buy used movies from Netflix as well.

I think it best if people just ask their questions...and leave out the information regarding anything else. It is best to assume everyone here is only making copys of movies which they "themselves" have purchased. That is a wonderful fantasy world we can all live in.

Last edited:
enough just drop it.i get everyones point .sorry im new to this forum and didnt know what to say and what not to say.making backups is perfectly legal where i live as well

So, How is Stranger than Fiction? Any Good?? :doh:

I was going to buy it since new releases are only $15 at Walmart where I live, but may rent this one first unless I hear otherwise here. OH..Please dont tear me up for buying stuff from Walmart..I realize they are non-union, but I make up for it at Costco..LOL :disagree:

So, How is Stranger than Fiction? Any Good?? :doh:

I was going to buy it since new releases are only $15 at Walmart where I live, but may rent this one first unless I hear otherwise here. OH..Please dont tear me up for buying stuff from Walmart..I realize they are non-union, but I make up for it at Costco..LOL :disagree:

[OT]
I'm was a fan of Will Farrel on SNL but can't say I have liked many of his movies. However, Stranger Than Fiction was very good in my book. Well worth buying. I'd rent it first and watch it. If you like it then buy it :)
[/OT]

Agreed! I was getting sick of him - but liked this movie a lot.

-W

I thought the movie was ok....not Talladega Nights, which I thought was very funny and not a movie I took very serious but enjoyed very much.

While Stranger than Fiction had funny points, it is not a full out comedy. Well done by all the actors and well worth watching. Would I recommend buying it? probably not.

I don't see this movie as one that I would want to watch again. Rent it, watch it once and move on. Thats my short and nasty review.

I thought the movie was ok....not Talladega Nights, which I thought was very funny and not a movie I took very serious but enjoyed very much.

While Stranger than Fiction had funny points, it is not a full out comedy. Well done by all the actors and well worth watching. Would I recommend buying it? probably not.

I don't see this movie as one that I would want to watch again. Rent it, watch it once and move on. Thats my short and nasty review.

I agree. I've never been a fan of Will Farrell and this one confirmed my feeling. Rent but don't buy.

Heh.... and I liked this one better than Talladega Nights. Go figgure.

My idea of "comedy" is stuff like Borat! or The Wedding Crashers... something with a high "cringe factor".

-W

Back