• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.4.9.0 released

Why do people keep asking how long it will take? it's not like it's a quantifiable timeframe, it'll be fixed when it's fixed

Last edited:
Why do people keep asking how long it will take? it's not like it's a quantifiable item, it'll be fixed when it's fixed

Oh, I predicted this would be the case back when the announcement was made. It's actually been better than I expected. However, it's still pointless to ask. Like they have any real idea how long it's going to take? I love peer, James, Fernando, and the rest, but, they're developers and we developers are like Scotty on the Enterprise when it comes to estimates. Don't believe a word any developer tells you when it comes to "how long". We simply have no real idea. When it's done is about as accurate as you'll get. :)

The problem lies in our inability to complete a job due to some BDs can't be loaded onto the client's media server. Once the current crop of BDs can be backed up, we can close out the job and get paid. That's why I am asking how fast.

Well, as the post I linked to you states, they were initially stating 1-2 months a month ago. I believe in a later thread James mentioned it might be longer. It's really kind of impossible to judge how long it's going to take because by the time you know that, you've basically already fixed it. :)

If only there were some sticky thread that users could go to that would give them some information on that. Oh, right, like this one!

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=21985
While i agree that those "when will it be fixed" questions are useless you can't expect people to look for an answer to this in a thread with the topic "BD+ movies that Anydvd HD 6.4.9.0 may not handle properly".

While i agree that those "when will it be fixed" questions are useless you can't expect people to look for an answer to this in a thread with the topic "BD+ movies that Anydvd HD 6.4.9.0 may not handle properly".

Uh, hmm. So, if a user has a problem with BD+, where would you expect them to look for answers, in the CloneDVD forum? :) Sorry, but, it should be quite obvious that if you have BD+ problems that you'd look at that thread.

Actually, I can and do expect all users to read all stickies before posting including forum rules, but I mostly live in a dreamworld.

Last edited:
I would expect a list of movies that don't work, i don't expect anything regarding a solution. And by your logic, shouldn't i expect the same information in any thread that deals with BD+ ?

. And by your logic, shouldn't i expect the same information in any thread that deals with BD+ ?

No. Stickies exist at the top of forums for a reason. It's the user's responsibility to read stickies prior to posting on the forums.

Last edited:
And it pretty much ends up in every thread dealing with BD+, or do you not read the forum? I've had to post that link quite a few times.

You can't post questions in what you call stickies.

When you get into the real corporate world, you'll understand that if you don't satisfy the customer, then you risk alienating them and possibly returning the product. Well AnyDVD is kittens compared to a $300 million dollar order returned. And the attorneys will keep it locked up for 2+ years in litigation all the while creating problems for your company and possibly affecting your employees income or worse case putting the company out of business.

Any customer who paid for a product has every right to ask reasonable questions. And asking for an update on progress is not unreasonable. No?

One could take this further... if someone would get upset at Slysoft, they could chose to use a cracked version or remove the markers for when the trial was installed. I'll keep that to myself by the way. I believe if a product is worthy, then it should be bought. Unless it costs over $100.00 :p j/k

Last edited:

When you get into the real corporate world, you'll understand that if you don't satisfy the customer, then you risk alienating them and possibly returning the product. Well AnyDVD is kittens compared to a $300 million dollar order returned. And the attorneys will keep it locked up for 2+ years in litigation all the while creating problems for your company and possibly affecting your employees income or worse case putting the company out of business.

Any customer who paid for a product has every right to ask reasonable questions. And asking for an update on progress is not unreasonable. No?
Of course not. I wonder .... you take $300 a million order where it is crucial that AnyDVD is removing the newest BD+? Curious, what kind of product is this?

To answer your question, I estimate February 2009 for the new BD+ to be defeated.

The reason people don't put dates on things is because now a bunch of people will be mad if by chance it is not out in Feb.

I do agree having some kind of time frame is nice but can cause just as much if not more issues for the devs sometimes.

The reason people don't put dates on things is because now a bunch of people will be mad if by chance it is not out in Feb.

I do agree having some kind of time frame is nice but can cause just as much if not more issues for the devs sometimes.

Yea, we know. It happened during the initial BD+ release. However, it's better to keep people as up to date as possible. If they originally said 1-2 months and now it's going to be longer, silence on that issue is not going to make anyone happy. I'm glad they're at least letting us know it'll be a bit longer. Those of you counting on the Feb 2009 date, I wouldn't. Things happen. If they make that date, awesome! That'd be wonderful. But, it's just an estimate.

To answer your question, I estimate February 2009 for the new BD+ to be defeated.

Thanks for answering. Now I have a timeframe when to advise customers to buy. Not meant in a negative way. It's out of satisfying my customers so they don't go on my recommendation and ask why it doesn't work on all their BDs. I do hope it is sooner for everyone's sake.

Of course not. I wonder .... you take $300 a million order where it is crucial that AnyDVD is removing the newest BD+? Curious, what kind of product is this?

That is my full time job. And the very thing almost happened. It was not related to BD disks. Designing custom home theaters for the affluent is more of a hobby/side business which is where my interest in AnyDVD comes from.

I wish HD DVD had won so we wouldn't have to tinker with this BS.

That's right. They're meant to be read.

One could take this further... if someone would get upset at Slysoft, they could chose to use a cracked version or remove the markers for when the trial was installed. I'll keep that to myself by the way.

Yes, because otherwise you will find your account banned rather quickly, and the discussion of cracks in general is not allowed here. :policeman:

Last edited:
What, you guys are taking a Christmas vacation? Shame on you!!
;)
Or is it that Mr. Bettini has made good on Peer's press release statement in March: "Van Heuen adds jokingly: 'The worst-case scenario then is our boss locks us up with only bread and water in the company dungeon for three months until we are successful again'" ;) ;)

Last edited:
Long British Holidays

Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years and Hogmany, sorry don't kow any speifics on Wales, Ulster, or Ireland not having lived in those environs at that time of year, so a Christmas break can be quite some time.

Back