• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HD-DVD disks?

lostboy

Affiliate
Someone somewhere said something :) about AnyDVD working with HD-DVD disks. Actually I think it may have been something in release notes.

Anyway, I don't have HD-DVD yet but I am wondering what this means? Can AnyDVD rip HD-DVD? I didn't think HD-DVD (or Blu-Ray) had been cracked yet...?

AnyBlueRay DVD

Are the lads at Slysoft working on a backup app for BlueRay also?

Thank you.

Someone somewhere said something :) about AnyDVD working with HD-DVD disks. Actually I think it may have been something in release notes.

Anyway, I don't have HD-DVD yet but I am wondering what this means? Can AnyDVD rip HD-DVD? I didn't think HD-DVD (or Blu-Ray) had been cracked yet...?
Current version of AnyDVD will not decrypt HD DVD discs.
AnyDVD HD will decrypt HD DVD discs. It will be available in a couple of weeks. There will be an upgrade offer for current AnyDVD owners.

Current version of AnyDVD will not decrypt HD DVD discs.
AnyDVD HD will decrypt HD DVD discs. It will be available in a couple of weeks. There will be an upgrade offer for current AnyDVD owners.
Any idea on how much of a discount we will receive?

What type of hardware will a person's PC require to be able to backup an HD or Blueray disc? I assume you would need at least one drive that is HD or Blueray to read the disc as a regular DVD burner will not read the disk just like a regular DVD player will not play a HD or Blueray disk. What about the second drive?

Are the lads at Slysoft working on a backup app for BlueRay also?
No. Decrypting isn't everything AnyDVD does. And if you ever watched a HD DVD disc, you really want the "skip FBI warning and other bullshit" option.
Some HD DVDs don't even play on PC players, because of wrong parental settings and bugs in the player software.
I am currently learning how navigation works on HD DVDs, so Blu-Ray support may be added when AnyDVD HD is finished.
Or Blu-Ray support won't be added at all. I don't know yet.
AnyDVD HD is currently a program to "watch high definition discs on a PC", not to make backups. Where would you make them? On writable media more expensive than a second original disc?
With AnyDVD HD you will be able to watch HD DVDs without a new HDCP capable graphics card and a new HDCP capable monitor.

You need to be able to read and write HD-DVD or Bluray to be able to make a backup unless you just want to rip it to your HD for viewing on your computer. Of course then you would need a monitor capable of HDTV.

What type of hardware will a person's PC require to be able to backup an HD or Blueray disc? I assume you would need at least one drive that is HD or Blueray to read the disc as a regular DVD burner will not read the disk just like a regular DVD player will not play a HD or Blueray disk. What about the second drive?
If you watch them on the PC: A big harddisk. :D

I hope compression programs surface for HD-DVD and Bluray, because 1 movie is huge.
Yes, but it is huge because the quality is great, not because the codecs are inferior. Okay, Blu-Ray still uses Mpeg2 a lot, but the codecs used on HD DVD discs have (relatively) small file sizes with great quality.
If you compress HD DVD, you will lose quality. So why use HD DVD as the source in the first place?

Yes, but it is huge because the quality is great, not because the codecs are inferior. Okay, Blu-Ray still uses Mpeg2 a lot, but the codecs used on HD DVD discs have (relatively) small file sizes with great quality.
If you compress HD DVD, you will lose quality. So why use HD DVD as the source in the first place?
Well the current size for an HD-DVD movie is rediculous. I guess the new 1 TB HDDs will come in handy for serious rippers.

Well the current size for an HD-DVD movie is rediculous. I guess the new 1 TB HDDs will come in handy for serious rippers.
You could downscale a movie to 720p, but this will take quite a long time. Downscaling to 480p doesn't make any sense, as you could better use a standard DVD as the source.

Love all this new technology!:D 8) :agree: Waiting to get a player for my new box so I can feed my new monitor. Can't decide between Blue and HD.:confused:

Love all this new technology! Waiting to get a player for my new box so I can feed my new monitor. Can't decide between Blue and HD.:confused:
Get the XBOX360 HD DVD drive for your PC. Cheap and works great with AnyDVD HD. :D

AnyHD-DVD isn't done yet I thought.
It hasn't been relead yet, yes.
But it is working well enough to watch HD DVDs on an Apple Cinema Display (via DVI, without HDCP) with the XBOX360 HD DVD drive.

It hasn't been relead yet, yes.
But it is working well enough to watch HD DVDs on an Apple Cinema Display (via DVI, without HDCP) with the XBOX360 HD DVD drive.
Well, since I am your biggest fan I get a sneak peek before it's released to the public.

Back