• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

does anyone have dvd shrink&clonedvd2 on same PC

stinman>=

I have clonedvd2 and like it very much,I have never used shrink but I down-
loaded it today just to see what the talk is and maybe you never know,
there could come a day when clonedvd2 will not work for a certain movie and shrink will,I doubt it,but I just want to try it.Can I have both on same computer with out a conflict?

I have clonedvd2 and like it very much,I have never used shrink but I down-
loaded it today just to see what the talk is and maybe you never know,
there could come a day when clonedvd2 will not work for a certain movie and shrink will,I doubt it,but I just want to try it.Can I have both on same computer with out a conflict?

I use clonedvd to rip an uncompressed ( dvd9 ) dvd to the HDD then open dvd shrink to compress it ( dvd5 ) as there is a better quality in the backup. So there is no conflicts.

Thanks Charlie!

I did not want to open it up until I was sure.

What if you used CloneCD..?

I use clonedvd to rip an uncompressed ( dvd9 ) dvd to the HDD then open dvd shrink to compress it ( dvd5 ) as there is a better quality in the backup. So there is no conflicts.

just asking: wouldn't CloneCD* be better to use (if you got it) since it does a 1:1 exact duplication of the original disc, to rip to the HDD? ... then use Shrink for that better back up quality compressing. *(since CloneDVD is a transcoder/remasters )

just asking: wouldn't CloneCD* be better to use (if you got it) since it does a 1:1 exact duplication of the original disc, to rip to the HDD? ... then use Shrink for that better back up quality compressing. *(since CloneDVD is a transcoder/remasters )

If you want 1:1 yes as to use this before shrink it won't work. If you use clonedvd in dvd 9 format then nothing is lost except the copy protection and improper (bogus) titlesets. DVD Shrink then transcodes the DVD to a DVD 5 (single layer).

....it won't work?

If you want 1:1 yes as to use this before shrink it won't work. If you use clonedvd in dvd 9 format then nothing is lost except the copy protection and improper (bogus) titlesets. DVD Shrink then transcodes the DVD to a DVD 5 (single layer).

But, wouldn't using AnyDVD 1st, take care of the copy protection & bogus titlesets? Then, if you need it there, the layer break is in the original position, using CloneCD? Just trying to understand why it won't work, if CloneCD & Shrink are used with AnyDVD.

clone transcribes and writes to blank media shrink only compresses and uses nero to write to media

not what I was looking for...

clone transcribes and writes to blank media shrink only compresses and uses nero to write to media

yes...I already know that...that was not my question..I've used AnyDVD +Shrink+Nero for years...I was asking about the feasibility of using CLONE CD (after using AnyDVD)...to Rip to HDD rather than CLONEDVD..then, reauthoring+compressing with Shrink...won't that work better?

yes...I already know that...that was not my question..I've used AnyDVD +Shrink+Nero for years...I was asking about the feasibility of using CLONE CD (after using AnyDVD)...to Rip to HDD rather than CLONEDVD..then, reauthoring+compressing with Shrink...won't that work better?

No. No point.

webslinger,I ask the 1st question,may I ask another?

As I stated before I just wanted to try dvd shrink,So I take it that shrink can not rip to hard drive?It says whole dvd. If I rip with clonedvd2 dl +r(dvd 9) no compression first,
then compress to hd again with shrink,if you do not have nero how do you burn it? with
what ever your burnning software is?I have roxio media creator plus le. I guess I would have to run it through the dvd-5 in shrink and make a iso file.

As I stated before I just wanted to try dvd shrink,So I take it that shrink can not rip to hard drive?

Shrink can rip. Why do you think otherwise?

If I rip with clonedvd2 dl +r(dvd 9) no compression first,
then compress to hd again with shrink

You can use the "write existing data" method in Clonedvd2 to burn what you ripped with Shrink if you wish.

Shrink ripping

I don't know,just listening to the other guys on this topic,but I tried it out last night,both clonedvd2&shrink were able to get to about 72% on flags of our fathers.As long as you own Any dvd you can probably use about anything? I ripped with shrink (re aurthor) to hard drive and then burned with
wright existing data.Like you said.Thanks for input Mark

I use ripit4me (free) to rip to hard drive if I'm going to use dvdshrink. The whole point of me owning anydvd is so I don't have to rip at all if I don't want to. Also Shrink will automatically burn to disk using dvddecrypter (required with ripit4me and can be installed from ripit4me menu)

Last edited:
Are they still up dateing shrink? I thought i read some where that they had stoped up dateing it but i may be wrong.

DVD Shrink can burn to media, create and ISO or create DVD VTS files. I chose to run AnyDVD and DVD Shrink. I use DVD Shrink to edit/reauthor my DVD's.I then save them as either DVD Files or an ISO. From there I go to Clone DVD2 and use the 'Write Existing Data'.
This has worked good for me in that it allows me to remove all the crap from the orignal movie and I get just the main title. It also usually makes the movie a little smaler and therefore requires less compression.

Back