• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

stranger than fiction

So, use CloneDVD to rip to harddisk (disabling compression) & Shrink to compress. Very simple, and allows you "pre tuning" of titlesets in CloneDVD.

I just tried a CloneDVD rip to Harddik, as suggested, and when I try to use Shrink, it can not compress the resulting files beyond 5.657GB -- that's a bit more than will fit on a single layer DVD. Try it and see what happens to you.

I just tried a CloneDVD rip to Harddik, as suggested, and when I try to use Shrink, it can not compress the resulting files beyond 5.657GB -- that's a bit more than will fit on a single layer DVD. Try it and see what happens to you.

Did you remove all the nonsense titles in Clonedvd2 first?

Did you remove all the nonsense titles in Clonedvd2 first?

I believe so. I opted to copy the entire disk and preserve menus. How exactly does on identify these "nonsense titles" over ones that have pertinent data - including the region warning, etc...? I removed the three titles that were annotated as having 00:00 Play Time and then removed French From the Audios languages in Stream Preferences.

Still the same thing.

How exactly does on identify these "nonsense titles" over ones that have pertinent data - including the region warning, etc...? .

Just select the title and watch. If nothing shows up, then chances are it's junk (not required). You can also, of course, use the scissor icon also to remove chapters that may appear to be junk as well.

It seems to me you should be able to use Anydvd ripper, by the way, for the main movie only:

Right click on Anydvd on the toolbar, and select "rip-video dvd to harddisk". After you're finished ripping you should be able to import the main movie only into Shrink (Click "reauthor" and then browse to the location of the video_ts folder. Then drag and drop the main movie over to the left).

As I don't have this movie to test, of course, I can't be positive.

Just select the title and watch. If nothing shows up, then chances are it's junk (not required). You can also, of course, use the scissor icon also to remove chapters that may appear to be junk as well.

It seems to me you should be able to use Anydvd ripper, by the way, for the main movie only:

Right click on Anydvd on the toolbar, and select "rip-video dvd to harddisk". After you're finished ripping you should be able to import the main movie only into Shrink (Click "reauthor" and then browse to the location of the video_ts folder. Then drag and drop the main movie over to the left).

As I don't have this movie to test, of course, I can't be positive.

It's a total "No Go". I ripped to an ISO using clone and that too didn't work. DVD Shrink can't even analise that file - seems like the "mis-behavior" is also cloned..

If I was only interested in the Main Movie, then alls well --- problem is I want the whole thing and not just the main movie...

It's a total "No Go". I ripped to an ISO using clone and that too didn't work. DVD Shrink can't even analise that file - seems like the "mis-behavior" is also cloned..

If I was only interested in the Main Movie, then alls well --- problem is I want the whole thing and not just the main movie...

Ok, maybe James or someone needs to take a look further. /shrug

If Shrink shows that the Clonedvd2 rip is too big, run the rip through FixVTS first before importing into Shrink:
http://download.videohelp.com/FixVTS/

If Shrink shows that the Clonedvd2 rip is too big, run the rip through FixVTS first before importing into Shrink:
http://download.videohelp.com/FixVTS/

My point was that "Simply Stated - As by James" - It just don't work. Now could try the FixVTS - But isn't that just like doing the "Other Scenario" RipIt4Me + DVD-Decryptor+FixVTS+DVD-Shrink -- only we would be using Slysoft/Elby Products?

My point was that "Simply Stated - As by James" - It just don't work. Now could try the FixVTS - But isn't that just like doing the "Other Scenario" RipIt4Me + DVD-Decryptor+FixVTS+DVD-Shrink -- only we would be using Slysoft/Elby Products?

*In my opinion*, I agree that what I stated is cumbersome and that something should be done for Shrink users (with Anydvd)--but, if you're interested, running the Clonedvd rip through Fixvts will work in this case. I just posted the Fixvts info because I thought you might want to know.

But the new info here... is that even a whole disk CloneDVD2 rip might not even be "Shrink ready" without a trip through FixVTS first?

That's kinda even worse than I thought the situation was???

See my post under the AnyDVD thread about the ramifications to disk quality also.

-W

Last edited:
But the new info here... is that even a whole disk CloneDVD2 rip might not even be "Shrink ready" without a trip through FixVTS first?

That is correct. It depends on the Sony title.

See my post under the AnyDVD thread about the ramifications to disk quality also.

I can't confirm or deny that yet (I don't normally use Clonedvd2; I prefer Clonecd and not having to deal with so many headaches; and none of those Sony titles have interested me terribly). I will take a look at some point when I have some more time.

Last edited:
Back