• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Clone CD Development?

sgc

Just wondered if there was still serious development on Clone CD. Most of the recent updates have been primarily associated with minor technical/read type issues with nothing really addressing many of the new protections.

Just wondered if there was still serious development on Clone CD. Most of the recent updates have been primarily associated with minor technical/read type issues with nothing really addressing many of the new protections.
If it isn't broken, I wouldn't want to fix it.:disagree:

If it isn't broken, I wouldn't want to fix it.:disagree:

Agreed up to a point, the current product works fine on the protections it can handle. I was more interested in whether there was any development work aimed at addressing the more recent protections

I was more interested in whether there was any development work aimed at addressing the more recent protections
all 'recent protections' will be taken care of by anydvd updates.

it sounds as if the OP is on about cd games protection, so it shouldn't need anydvd to by-pass these

it sounds as if the OP is on about cd games protection, so it shouldn't need anydvd to by-pass these

Yeah, that's how I read the question as well... there are quite a few newer protections which CloneCD can't handle. Perhaps Slysoft intends to use some of the technology from Game Jackal combined with CloneCD. Although I never actually used GJ before, so I'm not sure if this is even possible... however, despite the fact it didn't actually copy game discs, I assume it must've had some way of circumventing the protection, right? I guess we'll have to wait on the press release.

CloneCD doesn't need to use AnyDVD. It should work without AnyDVD.
not only does anydvd remove protection on dvd's,but it will remove cd audio protection if it is present on an audio disc which i'd imagine is rare these days.but clonecd will back up unprotected discs.

If so, then you are, of course, correct.

Are you sure? I thought the new *marketing* stratagy was to encourage the purchase of any TWO promoted products in order to solve the latest protection problems. :D <EG>

-W

Back