• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

stranger than fiction

bushmaster

the movie stranger than fiction will not decript any one have any sugestions

I finally had to do something out of the norm, to do this one.
I ripped "Main Movie" with DVDFab Decrypter, used IMGBurn in "Build" mode, to make it an ISO, then burned it with IMGBurn.
It worked fine.........

I did it today with AnyDVD 6.1.2.5 and Clone DVD. No problems whatsoever. I did the movie and all the extras and it plays perfectly. AnyDVD and Clone DVD are unstopable.

I also for the first time in a while ran into problems with this same title. Now I did have to install a brand new DVD drive as I blew out an old one. When I look at the AnyDVD Status page, it says Hardware Region 0 (not set)

It's been a while, can someone refresh me on how to set my region on a new drive just installed in the PC.

And would this possibly be the cause of my problems reading the disc? Mine clunked out with a error about 1/3 of the way through....Redundancy error.

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.2.5)
TSSTCORP CD/DVDW TS-H552B TS02 0816
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2084960 sectors (4072 MBytes)
Total size: 4169920 sectors (8144 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Stranger Than Fiction
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Found & removed structural copy protection (Arccos, Puppetlock)!
Found & removed bogus title set!
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Found & removed 83 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Last edited:
Thanks....can anyone help remind me how to set my region. Is this done through Windows?

Thanks....can anyone help remind me how to set my region. Is this done through Windows?

Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on the dvd rom device.
Click "properties".
You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.

well my region on the new DVD unit is set....but that still did nothing to help in my DVD reading problem. Begining to think I might have gotten a bad copy of the movie. Although it seems to play fine, the combo of AnyDVD & DVDClone2 (latest versions) just won't complete a full read of it.

well my region on the new DVD unit is set....but that still did nothing to help in my DVD reading problem. Begining to think I might have gotten a bad copy of the movie. Although it seems to play fine, the combo of AnyDVD & DVDClone2 (latest versions) just won't complete a full read of it.

Apparently, some drives are incapable of reading this disc:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1712901&postcount=11

But whatever issue you're having isn't with Anydvd and Clonedvd.

I was able to copy the Movie only using 1click copy, then using this copy I was able to use DVD Shrink to put it on my hard drive. I often do this so I can watch the movie in my own time at the computer. DVD Shrink wouldn't burn this movie, or even allow me to try with it giving an error right away at insertion.:disagree:

Won't 1click copy it directly to the hard drive to save a step?
Also, I assume you're talking about 1click WITH AnyDVD in the loop - ya?

-W (confused)

Won't 1click copy it directly to the hard drive to save a step?
Also, I assume you're talking about 1click WITH AnyDVD in the loop - ya?

-W (confused)
Clams,,,what the heck would I do without you???,,,LOL, YES I can copy it to the HD right from 1click, I just never used the option to do that! I have this big DDUUUHHH going on here right now! Thanks for the DOPE Slap! And YES ALL my burning programs only WORK because of ANYDVD, this software ROCKS!:clap: :clap: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Like yourself, my primary goal is to get a DVD on the drive 1st, and perhaps, maybe, a hard copy later. So my brain just thinks in that direction 1st. You'll be OK. :D :D

Like yourself, my primary goal is to get a DVD on the drive 1st, and perhaps, maybe, a hard copy later. So my brain just thinks in that direction 1st. You'll be OK. :D :D
:agree: Thanks again Clams for showing me the forest through all the trees,,,,,,,,:bowdown:

Apparently, some drives are incapable of reading this disc:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1712901&postcount=11

But whatever issue you're having isn't with Anydvd and Clonedvd.

I kind of figured this out myself, in a short moment of brilliance LOL I switched drives and put the original in my burner...and dang if the movie didn't make a complete backup. Now the opening studio graphics are wacky, but once you get to the menu and into the movie everything seems fine.

So what is this something new the studios are doing to mess with some players....or just a weird situation?

So what is this something new the studios are doing to mess with some players....or just a weird situation?

It's Sony Arccos junk. Notice the "83 bad sector protections"? That's not up to par with what's accepted as normal dvd standards. Sony apparently doesn't recognize what a standard is. And the stuff that Sony is producing should be playable on any drive with the stamp "dvd-rom" on it. And that isn't the case, anymore. What Sony is doing is pretty disgusting.

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.2.5)
HP DVD WRITER 640C JS04 CNL930121C
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2084960 sectors (4072 MBytes)
Total size: 4169920 sectors (8144 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Stranger Than Fiction
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Found & removed structural copy protection (Arccos, Puppetlock)!
Found & removed bogus title set!
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Found & removed 83 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

im new to the site and i came across this thread in a search.im having the same problem with stranger then fiction dvd.im using the latest version on clone dvd and anydvd.i get an error about region code or disc dirty message when i use my external sony dvd drive and when i use my internal hp dvd drive it wont read it in fact it doesnt even see it.
i know i have problems with my internal dvd drive(thats another issue) but my external always works with any other movie.im thinking it may just be the stranger then fiction movie.in fact i took the external drive to another pc in my home which i have anydvd and clone dvd on it and got the same error.im ruling its a disc problem.i rent from netflix and had problems with their disc before as well

when setting region code how do i know what code to input?

bare with me im new to this and also not at my pc i am at work so ill post any information needed at a later time sorry for being a noob.this is the error im getting .
http://forum.slysoft.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=96&d=1172770561

Last edited:
This information bars me from helping you; and I will likely be reticent to do so in the future.

Others might help you.

i dont see how .what difference does it make if i rent or buy a movie.to be exact this movie was borrowed from a friend who wanted me to make him a copy of it

Back