• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Clone DVD locking up?

Zantar

All of the sudden, the Clone DVD program is locking up on my machine. It will read a few files, then all of the sudden, all activity stops, and if you attempt to click on the "pause" or "cancel" button, it will lock up my computer, and you cannot get the disc to eject from the drive. The only thing you can do is reboot. I have uninstalled both Clone and AnyDVD, and tried to reload it, but the results are the same. Currently, I have deleted these 2 programs from my system, awaiting some suggestions from the forum. I do still have the email with the registration keys I received when I purchased the software programs. Any help or suggestions on how I can once again enjoy this excellent software would be appreciated! Thanks in advance! 8)

I had that same problem and ended up wiping the hard drive and reinstalling Windows.

Thanks, but if I have to do that to get this program running, this program won't be running! :D

This isn't a slysoft issue if it was we would all be experiencing this. This problem you are having was already a problem before you installed clonedvd2 or anydvd. When was the last time you deep cleaned and I mean deep cleaned you PC and registry? What is you PC specs....processor, ram, hard drive size and space left on it plus you dvd drive(s) and firmware currently used on that?

Like I said this issue was already there from another app or maybe a deleted file that the system needed so I am asking for more details as these details can help everyone to offer you better help. Reformat and stuff is the easy way out but not always the solution as there might be a way to fix this. Is InCD or Roxio's drag n drop installed too?

Thanks, but if I have to do that to get this program running, this program won't be running! :D

You may have been overdue to do that anyway. When you hit CTRL/ALT/DEL - how many Processes are running in Task Manager?

-W

This isn't a slysoft issue if it was we would all be experiencing this. This problem you are having was already a problem before you installed clonedvd2 or anydvd. When was the last time you deep cleaned and I mean deep cleaned you PC and registry? What is you PC specs....processor, ram, hard drive size and space left on it plus you dvd drive(s) and firmware currently used on that?

Like I said this issue was already there from another app or maybe a deleted file that the system needed so I am asking for more details as these details can help everyone to offer you better help. Reformat and stuff is the easy way out but not always the solution as there might be a way to fix this. Is InCD or Roxio's drag n drop installed too?

The funny thing is I have been using Clone DVD for about 6 months with no problems at all. This problem started all the sudden.........one disc copied and burned fine, then this cropped up. Processor is Pentium 4, 40 gig HD, 256 Ram if I remember right, and tons of HD space. No InCD or Roxio installed. (I am no computer guru, and I feel the problem is more than likely something simple.) Thanks for the help.......hopefully, we can get this resolved. Clone DVD is a great program.

You may have been overdue to do that anyway. When you hit CTRL/ALT/DEL - how many Processes are running in Task Manager?

-W

There is only Clone DVD running when I bring up the task manager.

@ Zantar,

For clarification - When you hit CTRL/ALT/DEL and the Windows Task Manager appears under the “Process” tab in the lower left hand corner of the display how many total Processes are shown?

Regards,
Coaster

The Task Manager window shows 50 processes running when I ALT/CTR/DEL to get out of the Clone DVD program, after it fails to read the disc. Computer is locked up big time when I have to stop the program. Can't access internet, or get the D drive to eject the disc. System has to be rebooted. Like I mentioned previously, I am far from a computer expert, so I don't really know what the problem is.......it just cropped up out of nowhere. I have since deleted Any DVD and Clone from my system. I really have had great success with this software, and I would like to continue to use it.......if I could only get this problem fixed. Thanks for the advice and suggestions so far........hopefully, I can get this resolved?

@ Zantar,

50 processes is rather a large number to have running.

It appears possibly that you could have some Software Program automatically loading during Windows Startup that is interfering with the proper functioning of CloneDVD. To check this suggest viewing the below Web Link that details how to use MSCONFIG to configure Windows Startup to load only necessary items. You will be surprised at all the unnecessary Memory and Resource wasting items that are automatically loaded during Windows Startup. Suggest when visiting the below referenced Web Link to also check out Paul "PacMan" Collins' huge "Startup Applications" list (http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php).

http://netsquirrel.com/msconfig/

Regards,
Coaster

Thanks for the intersting information. I did as these sites suggested, and shut a few things down upon startup. (Not that it will help with my Clone DVD problem, but it can't hurt.) I did a total system scan, defrag, and still no go with Clone DVD. One thing I find strange is that the registry key files contained in the email confirming my software purchase will no longer open. So, I guess if I ever get the problem fixed, I will have to purchase AnyDVD and Clone DVD again. This really sucks, and my wife and I really enjoyed using the program. Oh well...........life goes on!

@ Zantar,

If you are having problems with your Registration Key suggest viewing the Read First “Stickey” located in the SlySoft Forum “Purchase and license keys”. If you have purchased Official Registration Keys from SlySoft there is no reason that you have to repurchase new Registration Key ->

http://forum.slysoft.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37

SlySoft software program are proven stable software programs. Your problem is not caused by the SlySoft CloneDVD software program but is indicative of a classic Windows Operation System corruption problem. If using one of the many Windows Registry “cleaning” programs doesn’t correct your problem then you could attempt to “Repair” your Window Operating System. The two below Web Links explain how to use the Windows Recovery Console to “Repair” your Windows Operating System.

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

http://www.short-media.com/articles/repair_windows_xp

If your unable to clean your Windows Registry or Repair your Windows Operating System the last resort is to totally reinstall your Widows Operating System.

You should do some research and look into one of the Hard Disk Imaging cloning programs similar to Norton Ghost or Acronis TrueImage. After you do a complete Widows Operating System installation when your system is in a “clean” and “pristine” state you use either Norton Ghost or Acronis TrueImage and make a Hard Disk Image clone. Then whenever you have any Windows Operating System malfunction you simply pop in your Hard Disk Image clone disk in about 5 minutes you restore your Hard Disk back to is original “clean” “pristine” state.

I have 6 different computers and have a Norton Ghost Hard Disk clone image disk for each of my computers. At least twice a year I backup all pertinent information and do a clean install of my Hard Disk Image and I never have any Windows Operating System malfunctions. I consider this prudent computer preventative maintenance.

Regards,
Coaster

I have completely wiped out the HD, reloaded the op. system, went to Slysoft.com and downloaded both AnyDVD and Clone DVD, and the software does the exact same thing when I try to copy a disc. It locks up my system, and I must reboot in order to get any response at all. From where I sit, there IS a problem with this software. I started with a totally clean HD, and the results are the same. I had no problems until I did the last upgrade the software prompted me to do........after that upgrade, the program went south.

@ Zantar,

You insist that the CloneDVD software program is causing your “Locking Up” problem but I have to disagree with your assessment.

In your #6 posting in this thread you stated that you had been using the CloneDVD software program for 6 months and then “All Of A Sudden” CloneDVD started “Locking Up”.

I am sorry but a software program that has been working correctly for 6 months doesn’t “All Of A Sudden” go bad.

Something has drastically changed with your computer. Either you have installed a new conflicting hardware component, you have a hardware component that has an impending failure, or you have installed some conflicting software program.

Regards,
Coaster

Back