• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Zohan- Locks up during reading

flsunangel

I have tried 3 times to burn You don't mess with the Zohan. I have upgraded to ver 6.4.7.9, rebooted & it still locks up as it is reading it on DVDXcopy before it even gets to burn, onetime at 53% & the last time ay 33%.

I am using windows xp sp3

I have attached the log file.
Thank you for your help

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_YOU_DONT_MESS_WITH_THE_ZOHAN.zip
    301.1 KB · Views: 3
I have tried 3 times to burn You don't mess with the Zohan. I have upgraded to ver 6.4.7.9, rebooted & it still locks up as it is reading it on DVDXcopy before it even gets to burn, onetime at 53% & the last time ay 33%.

I am using windows xp sp3

I have attached the log file.
Thank you for your help

Sorry, but this isn't an AnyDVD problem.

Your problem isn't AnyDVD.

Update your version of AnyDVD.

AnyDVD 6.4.8.4 beta: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=22379

I strongly recommend ripping this disc to your HDD using the AnyDVD ripper via Rip Video DVD to Harddisk... first and then using the resulting files as the source for DVDXCopy. If you can simply import files from your HDD into DVDXCopy then do so. In the event you can only process discs from DVD drives then you may have to rip the files as I previously noted and then create an ISO image with a program like ImgBurn and then mount that image using a program like Virtual CloneDrive.

Movies like You Don't Mess With the Zohan contain complex protections and I do not believe a program as old as DVDXCopy can do what is needed.

I've made some very important suggestions below.

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.4.7.9)
TSSTCORP CD/DVDW TS-H552B GA04 0314
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Set your drive region. Not setting the region can cause problems.

1. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
  2. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
  3. Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
  4. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
  5. Click "properties".
  6. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
  7. Select the region that you're in
  8. Start Anydvd

AFS2K (system32\drivers\AFS2K.sys), Version: 3.1.21.0 (3.1.21.0)
Company: Oak Technology Inc.
Product: AFS
Copyright: Copyright (C) Oak Technology Inc.
Description: Audio File System
FileVersion: 3.1.21.1103
ProductVersion: 3.1.21.2(1103)
PrivateBuild: 3.1.21.2(1103)
SpecialBuild: Windows 2000/XP free build.

This filter can be problematic. It is installed with numerous HP programs. I would recommend removing it.

1. Create a backup of your registry. Refer here for how to do so: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756
  2. Download ImgBurn (freeware) here: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download.
  3. Start ImgBurn and go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order....
  4. Select "AFS2K". Click Remove Selected Filter. Click OK.
  5. Reboot

Whatever programs installed that filter will no longer work properly. If you reinstall the software that installed the filter then the filter will be installed on your system again. I do not recommend doing this.

Please post a new set of log files after making these changes. While no change may be apparent immediately, making the changes listed above will prevent you from running into problems that can and will occur later on if you do not.

Last edited:
Can you tell me why- Are you sure??

This movie has seen alot of issues backing up all over the net- I have never had a problem before that was not taken care of by an anydvd update

This movie has seen alot of issues backing up all over the net- I have never had a problem before that was not taken care of by an anydvd update

The disc has been fully handled by AnyDVD for awhile now. AnyDVD isn't the problem.

Among other things you need to set your DVD drive region.

Last edited:
Zohan issues

I had the same problem. I updated my CloneDVD2 to 2.9.2.0 and it eliminated the problem.

Ya... we're all sure.
Look here for AnyDVD answers before "all over the net".
MANY new titles require the AnyDVD ripper before importing into older programs, Zohan is one of them. That's old news here.
With a zillion users (and rising), if there's a real AnyDVD problem with a title, this board lights up like the 4th of July. :D

-W

Last edited:
I had the same problem. I updated my CloneDVD2 to 2.9.2.0 and it eliminated the problem.

Using CloneDVD would likely help them but that isn't the real issue since they don't use it. They are using DVDXCopy which is a very much dead product. As with older programs like DVD Shrink the user may need to use the AnyDVD ripper first and then import that output into DVDXCopy. If there is still a problem then I'll point my finger at DVDXCopy. The idea behind DVDXCopy was good but it was far from the best software in the world.

Back