• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The gaming industry has gone insane

I don't tend to buy computer games at all; I'm more than satisfied with the Wii, and various DOS and early Windows era games that I play on an older PC I've set up for that purpose.

I probably would pass on a game that required activation, though, if only because I think it's kind of stupid on a $50 game. It won't put me off a more expensive piece of software, usually, though. I have no idea how many people are actually dissuaded from piracy by activation, but it's never caused me any issues with Windows, Office or Adobe's CS3 apps.

Adobe actually includes a "deactivation" feature that you can use before uninstalling their software, which will ensure you can activate it without problems again next time. This is something every vendor should do, if they intend to include product activation.

When you can control a FPS or a RTS game with a mouse and keyboard, download and install mods then I'm in. Until then, I'll save the consoles for my kids.

Back