• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

MVolume vs. Volume

knf67

A lot of people here have complained that the volume settings are too low on converted titles (me being one of them). There have been two responses from users: adjust the MVolume to 20/25; Adjust the Volume to 700/800.

Will someone at Slysoft PLEASE tell us the difference between these two in the devices.ini file? What do each of them do? Whay do some profiles not have a MVolume setting? Which one should we be changing?

A lot of people here have complained that the volume settings are too low on converted titles (me being one of them). There have been two responses from users: adjust the MVolume to 20/25; Adjust the Volume to 700/800.

Will someone at Slysoft PLEASE tell us the difference between these two in the devices.ini file? What do each of them do? Whay do some profiles not have a MVolume setting? Which one should we be changing?

It's quite simple: Volume is obsolete and has no effect whatsoever ;)
Watch out: "MVolume" will also not work for Dolby AC3 streams. These are only affected by "MLVolume".
These are handled differently because the different encoding types typically require a different gain.

It's quite simple: Volume is obsolete and has no effect whatsoever ;)
Watch out: "MVolume" will also not work for Dolby AC3 streams. These are only affected by "MLVolume".

If Volume has no effect whatsoever, what do we do in the case of the h264 profile for PSP? It only has a Volume (no MVolume or MLVolume).

If Volume has no effect whatsoever, what do we do in the case of the h264 profile for PSP? It only has a Volume (no MVolume or MLVolume).

We add a line ;)

I just wanted to thank the Slysoft support person for letting us know about the MVolume and MLVolume settings.

I did have one more question. How do we know if the DVD is encoded with a Dolby AC3 stream so we know which setting to use?

although i haven't noticed any problems with volume,if what other people are saying is true then how come the volume setting isn't set correctly by default?(ie the volume of the dvd should be the same as the volume on the converted file therefore not needing any adjustment).
maybe a volume slider could be incorporated into the program so that it appears under the bit rate setting slider??

MLVolume works for AC3 encoded disk. I tried MLVolume = 10, 15 and 20. The playback volume on my Archos 504 was louder than the default and got louder as MLVolume was increased.

I'm assuming there is no problem adding in multiple lines for volume.. both MVolume and MLVolume to cover off both DVD audio stream types?

Cheers,

Tom

Back