• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Not recognizing disc

agentriston

When I put certain dvds into the drive, my computer doesn't recognize that there's a disc in there. I've tried several different discs and some of them won't show up. Can anybody help? I'm using AnyDVD 6.1.1.4

When I put certain dvds into the drive, my computer doesn't recognize that there's a disc in there. I've tried several different discs and some of them won't show up. Can anybody help? I'm using AnyDVD 6.1.1.4

1) Please list the a) make and b) model of the drive and C)the firmware version please.

2) Check for a firmware update on your drive's support website.

3) Try Anydvd in safe mode (right click fox-->settings, etc).

NEC ND-3550A Firmware 1.06

I tried running AnyDVD in safe mode and still no luck

NEC ND-3550A Firmware 1.06

I tried running AnyDVD in safe mode and still no luck

1) Click the red fox icon in your system tray. Select "status" on the left hand side of your screen. With the problematic disc inserted in your computer, click the appropriate drive tab letter (the drive containing the disc) in Anydvd. In the window below the drive letter, copy and paste the information Anydvd gives you in your next post.

2) Specify the a)full title, b)region code, c) country, and d) release date of the disc that you're experiencing issues with.

I'd tell you to look for an updated ide/ata bus driver, but if this is only happening with certain discs, then there's probably no point.

No Disc is present in Drive F:!
_NEC DVD_RW ND-3550A 1.06 06030700

a) Rome the complete first season (disc 6), b) region 1, c) USA, d) 2006

I can't believe how many times I've posted this. But it's ok. This is why we're here.............. :)
Try this:
Go into your Device Manager, and find your drive. Right click on it, and choose "Uninstall". After it uninstalls, reboot, and let Windows detect new hardware, and install new a driver for you.
Good luck!

This will fix your problem sometimes, but not always. Worth a try though.

Even with anydvd disabled, the drive still won't pick up the disc

Maybe your drive is going bad or maybe it's a problem with the original disc? If Anydvd is disabled, and this is still happening, then it seems reasonable, to me, to think this isn't an Anydvd issue.

Have you tried that disc in another computer system?

I am having the same problem since I updated to 6.1.1.4. I change to Sony discs and it worked O.K. This happened before when I did an update. It wouldn't recognize the disc although it worked fine in another computer. The next upgrade seemed to resolve the problem

Funny how you can think this is not an AnyDVD issue when so menay people - including myself are experiencing exactly the same problem AFTER installing AnyDVD - I never had problems reading and playing retail DVDs before yesterday. Like so many people I now have a useless DVD reader/writer after installing AnyDVD! I have tried everything - removing the device drivers and re-installing, looking for firmware updates. Removing, re-installing AnyDVD. Going back to a restore point prior to first installation of AnyDVD - this list goes on!

Funny how you can think this is not an AnyDVD issue when so menay people -

In the other thread that you have posted in I solved the original poster's problem, and in this one, I've proven the OP's issue has nothing to do with Anydvd. If Anydvd is disabled, and the drive still doesn't work, the issue has nothing to do with Anydvd. So actually, I find your post here misinformed at best.

There aren't so many others; it's just you and one other person who hasn't provided information I requested.

Like so many people I now have a useless DVD reader/writer after installing AnyDVD!

Then maybe you should provide the information I asked for in the stickies I posted.

Last edited:
This is very typical of numerous individuals who come to the Forum and state that they have a problem but when asked to provide amplifying information will not take the time and effort to provide extremely pertinent information necessary to effectively trouble shoot their problem. These same individuals continue to ignore the request to provide amplifying information but continue to complain about their problem. Knowledgeable informed Member are willing and capable to assist these individuals but these individuals need to fully understand that they need to provide requested information or their problem is not going to be corrected.

Best Regards,
Coaster

I had a similar problem when I was using an Emprex Dvd Drive to read the original and a Pioneer Burner to burn a copy. Although just a few months
old the Emprex simply could not read certain dvds (both burned copies & originals)

When I put the same dvds in the Pioneer they were read right away. I'd suggest buying a major brand dvd burner or drive at a store with a liberal
refund policy so in case that is not the problem you simply get your money
back.

P.S. My HP Pavillion dv 1000 with a PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K14 (rev.1.14)
drive can read originals with no problem. It can't read certain burned
dvds. To watch those dvds on the laptop I simply use an external
burner. Another option would be to swap out out the burner for a newer
model if the firmware in the PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K14 (rev.1.14) can't
be updated to read newer dvd media

Well maybe you deserve the benefit of the doubt - but why did thing go so wrong immediately after installing AntDVD if it has nothing to do with it?

I am running Windows XP Home edition SP2 on an HP Compaq Pressario with Intel Pentium D Duo - 2GB Ram.

1) Ensure you're using the lastest version of Anydvd:
visit http://www.slysoft.com/download.html

I am running AndDVD version 6.1.2.5

2) Remove packet writing software from your system (including Directcd, Incd, etc.)

I have no packet writing software installed

3) State a)the specific version of Anydvd you're using, b)the specific version(s) of the burning application(s) you are using (and stating "latest versions" isn't sufficient information; use full version numbers), and c)the specific version(s) of whatever other burning application(s) you have installed on your system.

The disk is not recognised at all - even in windows explorer. I have downloaded Clone DVD2 v 2.9.0.3 it does not see the disk. But the drive does recognise regular CDs and DVD ROMs - but not movie DVDs. It did before I installed AnyDVD.

4) Specify the a)full title, b)region code, c) country, and d) release date of the disc that you're experiencing issues with.

I have tried many retail DVDs - for completeness I have tried Pirates of the Carribean dead man's chest UK region code 2, don't know release date, bar code 8 717418099756

5) Specify a)the brand and b)model number of your optical reader and writer with c)firmware versions for these optical drives. d) Let us know what operating system (version number and service pack, if applicable) you're using as well. e) Check to see if there's an updated firmware version for your burner and your reader.

AnyDVD reports:

No Disc is present in Drive M:!
HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GCA-4164B H.I0 05/09/21

Driver: Microsoft 5.1.2535.0

6) What blank media are you using? Specify a) brand name b)type (-R, +R, -RW, +RW, RAM, DL, etc.) c)media code, d) capacity/size, e) batch codes/serial codes (often found printed on the inner plastic hub of the blank disc), and f)country (factory information would be great as well, if possible) where the media was made (look on the physical packaging; do not rely on programs to accurately give you this information).

I have not got that far...

If you don't know how to obtain media codes, you may find the following programs useful:

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com and http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

7) At what speed are you burning your blank media?

8 ) Click the red fox icon in your system tray. Select "status" on the left hand side of your screen. With the problematic disc inserted in your computer, click the appropriate drive tab letter (the drive containing the disc) in Anydvd. In the window below the drive letter, copy and paste the information Anydvd gives you in your post asking for help.

9 ) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered, b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s).

10) Before posting, please use the "search" function on these boards. Many answers are available already.

11) Lastly, check for power issues in the area where you burn (as Clams Canino mentions):
visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1808

If you're absolutely positive you've encountered a new protection, follow these instructions (originally written by Olli):

1.) DISABLE AnyDVD (little fox on the taskbar should be grey).
2.) Navigate to the VIDEO_TS folder of the DVD.
3.) Copy all files ending with .IFO to your harddisk. ONLY those with .IFO, not the big .VOB files!
4.) ENABLE AnyDVD again (just in case, so you don't forget it)
5.) ZIP the .IFO files to one file. Name it with a cool filename (e.g., Little_Black_Book_UK.zip)
6.) Write a an email to support(at)slysoft.com (replace (at) with @). Name your problem, try to identify the disc (e.g, Little Black Book, R2, UK), the UPC number if possible (below the barcode on the package). The information output of AnyDVD can be helpful as well.
7.) They like if you include the AnyDVD version and your AnyDVD serial number in this mail. You find this information in the Settings Window -> About.
8.) Attach ZIP file with the IFOs and send it.

My regedit entries:

Lowerfilters: AnyDVD
ElbyDelay
PxHelp20

Upperfilters: GEARAspiWDM

If you need more information, please ask!

Oh...

and I have uninstalled / installed AnyDVD - many times, removed the drivers in device manager and let windows install them again - many times. Booted and rebooted countless times, tried all the retail DVDs I can get my hands on.

"Gone back" to a post AnyDVD configuration with Norton GoBack.

Installed all the bundled DVD software again - Intervideo WIN DVD v 5.0.DXVA

Sonic MyDVD plus v7 build 2.4.11a

1. Does Windows Explorer see a video_ts folder when you place a commercial disc in your drive?

2. If no, uninstall all Sonic software, and check again.

3. Contact whomever sold you that OEM drive, which is not supported by LG, and ask if there's a firmware upgrade available for you.

4. Uninstall Anydvd and check again.

Last edited:
Oh...

and I have uninstalled / installed AnyDVD - many times, removed the drivers in device manager and let windows install them again - many times. Booted and rebooted countless times, tried all the retail DVDs I can get my hands on.

"Gone back" to a post AnyDVD configuration with Norton GoBack.

Installed all the bundled DVD software again - Intervideo WIN DVD v 5.0.DXVA

Sonic MyDVD plus v7 build 2.4.11a

All you gotta do is Uncheck the "autostart" setting after you right click the little fox in the tray with your mouse. Then re-boot. On the reboot AnyDVD will *not* be loaded (at all). Does the drive work as intended? If still no, the you are the victim of a POOR CRUEL COINCIDENCE, and that's one of the hardest troubleshooting problems for anyone to "unwrap thier head around".

-W

If still no, the you are the victim of a POOR CRUEL COINCIDENCE, and that's one of the hardest troubleshooting problems for anyone to "unwrap thier head around".

-W

Hmm - I wonder how many more people have fallen victim to a POOR CRUEL COINCIDENCE immediately after installing AnyDVD.

Hey, ho - I'll give alll the suggestions a try and hope for the best :)

Back