• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Slow DVD Burning

Elzorro

My Dell desktop running at 3.4GB was burning DVDs in about 25 minutes. The computer broke and the motherboard was replaced. Now it takes over an hour to burn a DVD. It has a Philips RW+-DVD 8631 burner. There is an AnyDVD driver file in the driver folder. Could the slow-burning issue be resolved by deleting and reinstalling the Clone DVD software, or somehow changing the driver file, or does it appear to be related to the computer?

Thanks in advance for your ideas.

check and see if your DMA is enabled and your not in PIO mode instead

check and see if your DMA is enabled and your not in PIO mode instead

Here's a more in depth on this to help you out.

Slow reads & PIO mode!

Go to
1. My Computer

2. Control Panel

3. System

4. Hardware

5. Device Manager

6. IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers

7. Open the installed IDE channels (Primary and Secondary)

8. Click on Advanced settings

9. You will see the transfer mode. If any are PIO you need to un-install the channel (right click and choose uninstall) and re-boot. Windows will reinstall the device and return it to DMA mode.

10. Be careful when using this procedure because if you have an older hard drive or storage device that does not support DMA you could corrupt your data.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817472

My Dell desktop running at 3.4GB was burning DVDs in about 25 minutes. The computer broke and the motherboard was replaced. Now it takes over an hour to burn a DVD. It has a Philips RW+-DVD 8631 burner. There is an AnyDVD driver file in the driver folder. Could the slow-burning issue be resolved by deleting and reinstalling the Clone DVD software, or somehow changing the driver file, or does it appear to be related to the computer?

Thanks in advance for your ideas.

Do you have any background applications running? Do you close all running aplications before burning. Anti-virus, norton, anything that connects to the internet & does background downloads while burning?

Hi :)
For all who like piccies.
Start menu > My Computer & right click.
sshot811mk5.png

Goto properties & click.
sshot831ll2.png

Go to Hardware tab.
sshot841mr4.png

Cont:
Click on Device Manager.
sshot861ug4.png

Double click on IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
sshot871xf0.png

Double click on Primary or Secondary (whichever your drive is connected to) & then click onAdvanced Settings tab.
sshot881gd5.png

Check settings. If necessary change via the drop down envelope. Click on OK.
sshot891hx5.png

Then close all windows.

OK, so I go to My Computer.....

Actually, I'm not that slow, but I still need a little help. Under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, I have three items:
Intel 82801FB...
Intel 8201FR...
Primary IDE Channel

I followed your instructions and uninstalled the Primary IDE Channel, which was listed as PIO, but the computer rebooted back to PIO mode. Should I also uninstall the first two devices?

Thanks again.

thanks charlie I should have explained how!

Cont:
Click on Device Manager.
sshot861ug4.png

Double click on IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
sshot871xf0.png

Double click on Primary or Secondary (whichever your drive is connected to) & then click onAdvanced Settings tab.
sshot881gd5.png

Check settings. If necessary change via the drop down envelope. Click on OK.
sshot891hx5.png

Then close all windows.

No problem and thanks zeb for pictured how to's.

My 2 cents.

I have Windoze XP MCE 2005 and Norton Internet Security 2005 on my 2.8GHZ Pentium D machine with 1.5GB RAM and have never noticed any problems duplicating my DVDs with AnyDVD / CloneDVD. I suspect that folks complaining about Norton have insufficient memory and processing power. Fortunately there are quite a few reasonable alternatives to Norton.

People argue that Norton is the best, is it really? I would really like to know other peoples opinions on this one. Norton is a resource hog and takes up waaaaay too much processing power. Not to mention it is really annoying and expensive. What AVP's do you folks use?

norton is no where near the best

Kaspersky , NOD32 ,Trend Micro are all way better than norton

Last edited:

Kaspersky , NOB32 ,Trend Micro are all way better than norton

Hi :)
Where can I get NOB32. My partner says she wants one.:p
For those who don't know it's NOD32:agree:

i remember i had to do this awhile back. and then things were awesome. however, i just had to reinstall my operating system due to a virus. i remembered this tactic so i went to go to it but my computer still defaults to the PIO transfer mode on my primary IDE channel. so i came to this forum to look to see if i was doing things right. and i am. but my computer still defaults to the PIO mode. any suggestions? new drive? i actually had to downgrade my operating system because i couldn't find my upgrade disc. could that be a problem?

Kaspersky , NOD32 ,Trend Micro are all way better than norton
I can only speak for Kapersky Internet Security Suite V6, it is the best I have come accross. It updates as frequently as every 5 minutes if you want, and has all the tools necessary to keep you completely safe without hogging resources like Norton does. ( Just my opinion ):agree:

I started using Kaspersky around 1998 or 1999 and I still love it but I am not a huge fan of KAV 6. It just seems to have bogged down my system more than the older versions. In the meantime I experimented with NOD32 and I am more than happy with it. It's very light-weight and not resource intensive. I'd highly recommend NOD32 and I still recommend KAV but I prefer NOD32.

Back